ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Tournament Thread

That's what happens when you go upper body with Omania. Horrible scouting job. Saw him do the exact same thing to the Michigan kid 3 times.

Reactions: rugrapfan1
MVB getting hammered ... also saw Alvarez is out ... no entry at 157 .. any chance at top 10?

Van Brill walked right into the only thing that Omania does well. Kid does nothing but upper body headlock throws. Kid literally does nothing else, how Van Brill decided that was a good plan is beyond me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey Boys
My big takeaway...coaches were yelling at mvb to cut him in 2nd period with a minute left......MVB clearly better wrestler on top.....

My big takeaway...coaches were yelling at mvb to cut him in 2nd period with a minute left......MVB clearly better wrestler on top.....
In neutral you mean? Take downs were 2-2

MVB didn’t score from top aside from the rising time point

Terrible match from him and he looked gassed in the 3rd. Definitely seems like he was one of the covid cases.

van brill bros...never think on the mat....big bro loses a chance at being an aa because of a brainfart....little bro tries to out muscle people, and won't use strategy to win a match.......the same old ,same old....it's to late to learn now

Van Brill gets a bye in 1st consolation round. After that he likely gets Lovett (NEB), 7 seed

Does Flo no longer show mat assignments? I'm not seeing anything in the Arena.
Watching on B1G Plus ... what is the best place to see upcoming mat assignments
Guys who have track wrestling please post mat assignments would be most appreciated by us who don't.
Mat assignments are on Trackwrestling and @B1Gwrestling Twitter account, which also displays in B1GN+ website or app below the video screen. @RUWrestling Twitter account also has it. B1GN+ website is best for this because you can easily click to next mat/match.
That's what happens when you go upper body with Omania. Horrible scouting job. Saw him do the exact same thing to the Michigan kid 3 times.
Bad loss for MVB... can’t go body with that kid..
It was just a bad matchup for MVB, as Omania is very good upper body and MVB's unorthodox merkle offense is upper body so....

Shawver vs Foley (MSU), Meztler vs Hamden (MSU), Rivera vs Cayden Rooks (IND)

Shawver faces 5th seed Foley (MSU) next round. If he wins, he’s a NQ. If he loses, he’ll need to win a wrestleback likely against Robbie Howard (PSU) and then 1 of his following 2 matches after that to be a NQ.

Metzler faces 11-seed Hamdan (MSU) in the consolations. He needs to win his next 2 matches, and then 1 of the following 2 matches after that to be a NQ. Unlikely.

SeaBass faces 11-seed Rooks (IU). He’s a NQ with a win and likely faces Nick Lee (PSU) in the semis.

MVB has a consolation bye and will likely face 7-seed Lovett (NEB). He has to win his next 2 matches to be a NQ (2nd match would probably be Parriott or Blockhaus)

Reactions: bigmatt718
Shawver faces 5th seed Foley (MSU) next round. If he wins, he’s a NQ. If he loses, he’ll need to win a wrestleback likely against Robbie Howard (PSU) and then 1 of his next 2 matches after that to be a NQ.

Metzler faces 11-seed Hamdan (MSU) in the consolations. He needs to win his next 2 matches, and then 1 of the next 2 matches after that to be a NQ. Unlikely.

SeaBass faces 11-seed Rooks (IU). He’s a NQ with a win and likely faces Nick Lee (PSU) in the semis.

MVB has a consolation bye and will likely face 7-seed Lovett (NEB). He has to win his next 2 matches to be a NQ.
Session 2 is more or less the Blood Round for the wrestlers in consos trying to get into the Dance.

Reactions: SCNJ
Mat assignments are on Trackwrestling and @B1Gwrestling Twitter account, which also displays in B1GN+ website or app below the video screen. @RUWrestling Twitter account also has it. B1GN+ website is best for this because you can easily click to next mat/match.

It was just a bad matchup for MVB, as Omania is very good upper body and MVB's unorthodox merkle offense is upper body so....

Was talking about that with my boy earlier. At the same time if we know it’s a bad matchup he has to know that. Do not walk into the damn thing!!! You’re a f’ing senior and everyone know this kid is a thrower.

so, i hope he wrestles smart in the next match.....that's not the first time he trailed 6-0 to start a match.....sometimes a kid may be stronger than you, and have to concede to that fact......van brill has been wrestling 5 years. he should be able to beat a rs frosh no matter how good he is.....it just pisses me off....he loses matches he should win

so, i hope he wrestles smart in the next match.....that's not the first time he trailed 6-0 to start a match.....sometimes a kid may be stronger than you, and have to concede to that fact......van brill has been wrestling 5 years. he should be able to beat a rs frosh no matter how good he is.....it just pisses me off....he loses matches he should win

I actually agree on this. At this point in his career scouting matters. He walked right into it either out of ignorance and/or pride. This matchup was key for his ability to advance. I mean if you know the weather report is calling for potential thunder storms don’t walk outside with a metal pole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT