ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Tournament Thread

I actually agree on this. At this point in his career scouting matters. He walked right into it either out of ignorance and/or pride. This matchup was key for his ability to advance. I mean if you know the weather report is calling for potential thunder storms don’t walk outside with a metal pole.
Also gotta remember than MVB is an upper body guy too. Sometimes the best option is to fight fire with fire. MVB got caught and lost. I don’t think that necessarily means scouting wasn’t done properly.

Reactions: jerzey devil
here's a comparison ...shawver a true frosh beat a seasoned vet mckee......the anti van brill lol

Also gotta remember than MVB is an upper body guy too. Sometimes the best option is to fight fire with fire. MVB got caught and lost. I don’t think that necessarily means scouting wasn’t done properly.

With that guy no.

“Scouting” perhaps the wrong term. But I’m sorry, a senior can’t get caught in a Caldwell headlock when you know that’s what he does.

After 2nd period ... Donner down 4-1 (5-1 if including riding time) ... late 2nd period takedown

With that guy no.
He’s a 9-seed. I get he’s dangerous but again, you can’t completely change the way you’ve wrestled likely your entire life. It’s not like MVB is a well rounded wrestler who can alter his game based on opponent. If he was, then I’m sure he would have. Sometimes you gotta hope your best is better than their best and in that match it wasn’t. He didn’t deserve the win.

Reactions: jerzey devil
He’s a 9-seed. I get he’s dangerous but again, you can’t completely change the way you’ve wrestled likely your entire life. It’s not like MVB is a well rounded wrestler who can alter his game based on opponent. If he was, then I’m sure he would have. Sometimes you gotta hope your best is better than their best and in that match it wasn’t. He didn’t deserve the win.

I defend our wrestlers. I’m not hating. But I’m sorry, I’m going to call it as I see it. As a senior needing that win be smarter. Don’t be a meathead.

We disagree... it’s fine. Let’s go root for Poz and Turley

Reactions: LETSGORU91 and SCNJ
Was talking about that with my boy earlier. At the same time if we know it’s a bad matchup he has to know that. Do not walk into the damn thing!!! You’re a f’ing senior and everyone know this kid is a thrower.
I hear ya. easier said than done when 99% of your O is tie up to merkle.

Always a depth guy simply thrown into the limelight due to the coaching enigma of recruiting 165.
i'm not ragging on him......but, sometimes mat smarts is more important than mat skill....maybe my ru microscope is to strong.....a little to critical sometimes

Rides him for 2:41 after the quick takedown. Just hammering on him from top.

Why are we choosing bottom vs Hughes when Turley manhandled him from neutral and top
Don't know but Turley is just too strong for Hughes getting the reversal. Just took Hughes only move out of the match. without top Hughes has nothing

Reactions: Jersey Boys
4:45 of riding time and wins 8-0 that was dominant,

Any buddy got a mat assignment for Janzer

Reactions: bigmatt718
Turley with the 8-0 MD over Hughes. Had almost 5 mins of ride time as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT