ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Rutgers OF Richie Schiekofer enters the Transfer Portal

HRodriguez

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2020
Redshirt-junior outfielder Richie Schiekofer has entered the Transfer Portal according to D1 Baseball. Schiekofer played in 49 games and batted .330 with ten doubles, four home runs and a .884 OPS. Schiekofer has one year of eligibility left

Reactions: Tango Two
Redshirt-junior outfielder Richie Schiekofer has entered the Transfer Portal according to D1 Baseball. Schiekofer played in 49 games and batted .330 with ten doubles, four home runs and a .884 OPS. Schiekofer has one year of eligibility left
Is this fallout from the NCAA playoffs snub? Is he transferring to a routine NCAA playoffs invitee program?

I think its more because he went from being a full time player to a part time player.
I am guessing that is not the case. There were a number of games he missed because of an injury, but he was still an almost every day starter. And if he did not start on a day a lefty was throwing, he would typical come in as a pinch hitter when a righty came in. He started all the tournament games. It just doesn’t seem to be a playing time issue to me.

Last edited:
Sometimes it always appears to be greener on the other side. Kid was a solid player and contributor and I wish him well . We will survive under Owens.

Goodbye. Next man up. Looking forward to a GREAT season in '23 with or without this kid.

I’m not quite as dismissive. I’m interested to see if he moves up or down the college baseball food chain, and whether NIL opportunities are the driving force.

Reactions: RUStatenIsland
I’m not quite as dismissive. I’m interested to see if he moves up or down the college baseball food chain, and whether NIL opportunities are the driving force.
NIL? For a so-so college outfielder? Are you serious? Sometimes kids just want to transfer. TONS OF THEM. It's still a thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT