ADVERTISEMENT

BTN GameFinder

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Welcome to the BTN GameFinder!

Every Saturday when BTN produces more than one football game at a time, we regionalize the games so that you can see the one that matters most to your area. We provide all the games we air to our cable and satellite partners and they choose to offer them on extra football game channels. To find out what BTN games your TV provider will show Saturday, enter your zip code and provider below.

Reactions: TM94goRU and RUSJ73
Just found out that from TOS that the game is on Optimum channels 73 and 205. Why the eff doesn't the BTN gamefinder for Optimum redirect one to channel 73/205?

When I checked the BTN gamefinder site it says "AKRON VS. RUTGERS: channel 247 or 247 (HD) and FOX Sports." But when I look at my TV's schedule tomorrow (I'm a Cablevision/Optimum customer in Metuchen), BTN/247 has PSU-Bowling Green listed and none of the Fox sports channels (if the "overflow" goes to one of those as implied) has the RU game listed. The gamefinder site and my cable provider really ought to have some way of communicating that the game is not on 247 and that it's on 73/205. Will email my ticket rep, as RU should know about this.

Just found out that from TOS that the game is on Optimum channels 73 and 205. Why the eff doesn't the BTN gamefinder for Optimum redirect one to channel 73/205?

When I checked the BTN gamefinder site it says "AKRON VS. RUTGERS: channel 247 or 247 (HD) and FOX Sports." But when I look at my TV's schedule tomorrow (I'm a Cablevision/Optimum customer in Metuchen), BTN/247 has PSU-Bowling Green listed and none of the Fox sports channels (if the "overflow" goes to one of those as implied) has the RU game listed. The gamefinder site and my cable provider really ought to have some way of communicating that the game is not on 247 and that it's on 73/205. Will email my ticket rep, as RU should know about this.
My guess is 73 is SD and 205 HD.. the SD is probably "broadcast" (across your cable companies boxes).. think of a tap that is always on coming into your home.. 205.. which requires MORE data being HD.. is probably SWITCHED DIGITAL... meaning your box will ask that a certain real "channel" be used to stream what they are calling channel 205.

That is, the actual bandwidth to your home.. even to your section of your neighborhood..c an only handle so many HD channels.. so they tell you that you get a thousand channels.. but, really, you get some small subset of SD channels always.. and you and your neighbors choice of a thousand HD channels... a subset that is in use at any given moment.

As for me, Spectrum has main BTN HD at one channel.. then 4 other BTN channels which allegedly are games, paired in SD/HD couples.. which makes zero sense to me.. but there you have it.

Furthermore.. there have bene times when they don't show ANY content at all on one of the BTN extra pairs and teh first extra pair just has the same thing as main BTN. They all show as Game A or Game B. And sometimes it all works.. Game A on main BTN.. Game B on one pair of extra BTN and Game C on the other extra pair. But that is very rare.

I fear seeing the case where Spectrum doesn't think Big Ten games are enough of a draw in this market.. so they use that bandwidth for something else.. showing me a blank screen where Rutgers-Akron should be.

If they do that, I end up streaming off Fox app. But since it is a choice of games... PSU or Rutgers at noon.. I expect PSU on main BTN and Rutgers on the alternates. But I might get screwed. Streaming is not the same for me because I stop and replay and slomo on my Tivo.. a lot. Too much, really. But I hate when the broadcast SHOULD show a replay and they talk about lunch instead.. or some other BS.

Last edited:
The game finder shows the RU game on the regular BTN for me . The guide on the tv has the Penn state game on both the regular and overflow and no rutgers game. Hopefully this isn’t a f-up by Comcast

The game finder shows the RU game on the regular BTN for me . The guide on the tv has the Penn state game on both the regular and overflow and no Rutgers game. Hopefully this isn’t a f-up by Comcast
Same for me and I live 20 minutes away from RU

The game finder shows the RU game on the regular BTN for me . The guide on the tv has the Penn state game on both the regular and overflow and no rutgers game. Hopefully this isn’t a f-up by Comcast
what if its not a f-up, none of my B10 channels have the RU game, all Penn State, did a night shift, going to sleep, have game on record, will cross my fingers. Hopefully someone will record the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: HPNJRUfan
what if its not a f-up, none of my B10 channels have the RU game, all Penn State, did a night shift, going to sleep, have game on record, will cross my fingers. Hopefully someone will record the game.
Same here (Comcast in East Brunswick) - just went to record the game and see PSU listed on both the main and overflow channels. Hopefully I picked right and were on 1313 (main channel) and not 1314 (overflow)

It would be a f-up if they don’t air the Rutgers game in NJ . Wouldn’t it ?

Went to record game and having same issue with Comcast in Hunterdon County. Penn state showing on all B1G channels. This is why Peacock is actually better you don't have to worry about overflow.

Optimum’s onscreen guide for 205 (and presumably 73) is listing the RU - Akron game at noon. So unless that’s incorrect, that’s where the game will be today.

Same here (Comcast in East Brunswick) - just went to record the game and see PSU listed on both the main and overflow channels. Hopefully I picked right and were on 1313 (main channel) and not 1314 (overflow)

Went to record game and having same issue with Comcast in Hunterdon County. Penn state showing on all B1G channels. This is why Peacock is actually better you don't have to worry about overflow.
Just talked to a Comcast guy in India . He said the Rutgers game will in fact be played on one of the channels. But he wasn’t sure which one . He said it was showing as different on his end as “week 2 matchup.”
He seemed kinda shaky

Optimum’s onscreen guide for 205 (and presumably 73) is listing the RU - Akron game at noon. So unless that’s incorrect, that’s where the game will be today.
The onscreen guide was wrong. For me, at least, RUis on 247 (optimum). The PSU game is on 205.

Reactions: Plum Street
Yes you are right !

But what a joke Comcast !!
Yea I don’t know why. YouTube tv has it on the overflow. But seems Fox sports app might be solution for these instances but if you like to record there might be no option.

It's telling me I'm only on a preview plan for an hour. Trying to figure out how to get it for the full game. Tried logging in with my Xfinity account, and it says that account is suspended. Wtf?

Had to reset my passwords for Xfinity, and it looks like it is working now. This certainly is not going to do anything to quell the "F*** Penn State" chants

Reactions: CJ1987
It's telling me I'm only on a preview plan for an hour. Trying to figure out how to get it for the full game. Tried logging in with my Xfinity account, and it says that account is suspended. Wtf?
I'm seeing the same message

Xfinity cable guide now has Rutgers game on it instead of Penn State, channel 855 Big 10 Network, did they change it? In commercial right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT