ADVERTISEMENT

BTN: "I do think that's a basketball move."

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore

Really? Probably thinks this is too.

kick in nuts GIF

Announcers were so pro-Northwestern it was sickening. Plus the guy who hit JMike was a Princeton transfer. Punk.
Yes they were. Somehow the announcer was emphatic that it was a basketball move. How he came to that conclusion I have no idea. Kid had the ball in one arm, took the other arm wound up and elbowed Davis right in the cojones.

Ah, yes, in the Big 10 elbowing someone in the cajones is a legal move. Got it!

I can’t say I know the rules by heart

But my general understanding is that a flagrant 1 is when you hit a player in a certain way or in a certain area and it’s an unnecessary move (not a “basketball move”)

Whereas a flagrant 2 is where there is obvious malicious intent to injure or harm.

The kid cleared out with his free arm when trapped to create space - hitting Davis in the nuts

Based on my understanding could certainly be a flagrant 1 - he didn’t really have to move his arm like that

But I didn’t see it as a malicious trying to purposely nail Davis in the nuts (eg, like an obvious punch)

Let’s be honest - if the call went the other way (an RU player got thrown out for that) - we’d be going crazy.

Flagrant 1? Sure

Flagrant 2? I mean I’ll take it but … really?

If you're arguing this you're obviously not a Rutgers fan. Sad.

I don’t think that was worthy of a flagrant 2

And I think if a Rutgers player got ejected for that we’d be going apeshit

I’m a huge RU fan but…

Just calling it the way I see it

What I also saw… NW (particularly Bieu) getting away with a lot of uncalled stuff all game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT