ADVERTISEMENT

BTN: "I do think that's a basketball move."

I don’t think that was worthy of a flagrant 2

And I think if a Rutgers player got ejected for that we’d be going apeshit

I’m a huge RU fan but…

Just calling it the way I see it

What I also saw… NW (particularly Bieu) getting away with a lot of uncalled stuff all game
So what do you call taking a hand off the ball and hitting a guy in the nuts? A mistake, an accident?

We need @AreYouNUTS to weigh in on these nut shots.
It was right in front of us and I was losing my mind when it didn’t get called. My dad, who knows the official (the nephew of a very good family friend), is getting mad at me. I'm telling him "dad, it was intentional..."....then they went over to the table...thank God! It was clear as day and 100% INTENTIONALLY CHEAP SHOT. Completely uncalled for; he got what he deserved. Dad apologized lol!

I had heard Northwestern and Illinois, but who knows. I doubt that the official vote was ever made public.
Correct.

Yes they were. Somehow the announcer was emphatic that it was a basketball move. How he came to that conclusion I have no idea. Kid had the ball in one arm, took the other arm wound up and elbowed Davis right in the cojones.
You have control over your arms. They need to change that rule. You hit someone in the head or nuts with force it should be a foul. In hockey most of the sticks to the face are a hockey move, but it’s still a foul.

Reactions: Knight Shift
If you just saw the replay from behind, I could see you thinking it wasn’t that bad, but there was a replay from the front and he clearly took his one hand off the ball, cradled the ball in the other arm and swung his elbow directly in JDs groin.

My post was not aimed at you but at this stupid comment:

Yeah I know. We good.

While the guy is being an ass about it I agreed with him based on what I could see on tv (didn’t look like a purposeful/ malicious nut shot to me )

But now - after seeing a few comments from people who saw it up close at the game - they say it was very obviously on purpose - I’ll take their word for it

Reactions: Scarlet83
He took his hand off the ball and purposely hit Davis with a nut shot. Glad he got thrown.

Rutgers leads the B1G with taking nut shots for flagrant fouls with 2 this year.... 😂
He didn't purposely aim for his nuts. He wouldn't have reacted so fast to his move. He was simply trying to clear out and made bad contact.
Purposely trying to do something is what our big guy did. Geez..

If you just saw the replay from behind, I could see you thinking it wasn’t that bad, but there was a replay from the front and he clearly took his one hand off the ball, cradled the ball in the other arm and swung his elbow directly in JDs groin.
No kidding. But all 10 replays I say sure looked like he had was trying to Clear out. Not purposely aim to the nuts. You guys are over the top.

Last edited:
The phantom j. Williams blocking call was not called by the ref 2 feet away but but by the guy 20 feet
yes, but it wasn’t a blocking foul. Ref called him for tripping after he got knocked on his ass. Ref gave a sweeping movement with his foot to indicate that. In actuality the NW player fell over Williams after he knocked him down. So in a way, Williams got called for being in the way while lying on the floor.

yes, but it wasn’t a blocking foul. Ref called him for tripping after he got knocked on his ass. Ref gave a sweeping movement with his foot to indicate that. In actuality the NW player fell over Williams after he knocked him down. So in a way, Williams got called for being in the way while lying on the floor.

That call was absurd. Not unlike the calls RU players have received over the years for having their chins foul the opposing players on the elbow.

Reactions: Kbee3 and rutger80
Yeah he stomped on the kids ankle. Dumb play. Granted he was tripped right before that but there’s no excuse for what he did
My wife and I both thought he was somewhat trying to get up and get his footing. But if we're going to argue intent.. intentionally stopping a guys ankle is just as bad as intentionally elbowing nuts.
Both F1 . You can't have it both ways. Two nuts equals one ankle in basketball.

It really looked like he was flailing, trying to knock him away from him.

I mean that’s what it looked like to me on tv

But a few here say they sit close and had a clear view said it was obvious that he cradled the ball in one arm SO that he could hit Davis in the 🥜

Whatever. NW got calls (or lack thereof) all game and we still won. We arguably got the benefit of that one

If it was a basketball move it's wouldn't be a F2

Any intentional elbow that hits someone in the balls should be a F2. Doesn't matter if he was aiming for the balls or not. His intent was to throw the elbow and you're responsible for where it lands
Read the definition of F1 and F2 and get back to me..

Ryan Langborg was not the only player going NUTS tonight. Caitlin Clark went nuts for 49 points, 😆😆😆

Last edited:
One could argue the Langborg ejection didn't hurt Northwestern too much if that was the only reason Mullins got so much time. Eight points, four blocks including some that definitely saved buckets. Game of his life!

No kidding. But all 10 replays I say sure looked like he had was trying to Clear out. Not purposely aim to the nuts. You guys are over the top.
You are NUTS !

When you want to clear out to make space you extend an arm and push off. That's not what he did. It was a STRIKE with his elbow, not a push off.

In The Nuts Pain GIF

Last edited:
Brian Butch was insufferable to listen to on the broadcast.
Was at the game tonight, and it certainly seems that at least 3 guys on Northwestern kept pushing off with the ball in there hands all night and not once was it called. Did I miss something from the guys who saw this on TV? Seemed crazy.

You can see it on the NW player's face. He was throwing an elbow being like get off me out of frustration

What point of the game? I still have it recorded.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not reviewed <a href="https://t.co/Gm0t3pKrdn">pic.twitter.com/Gm0t3pKrdn</a></p>&mdash; ᗩᑎT ᗯᖇIGᕼT (@itsAntWright) <a href="">February 16, 2024</a></blockquote><script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

not sure of exact point in the game but its showing up on twitter (x)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT