ADVERTISEMENT

Bus Driver Wanted - Anyone Looking for Tailgate to Hang At?

RU9205

Redshirt
Jan 28, 2007
Anyone looking for a tailgate to hang out at? My group is looking for a sober person to drive our bus after the games. We have a great group to hang with and a great tailgate spread!

You provided no details. Where do you park and where do you need bus to go after game.

All excellent points and agree with all! Just thought I would ask.

We use to have a Sober (really!) bus driver, but he moved to NC

We park in the Blue Lot. The bus is stored in New Brunswick 4.2 miles from the the stadium.

I know people who either do not like to drink or drank themselves into AA.
They can still have a good time out or at a tailgate.
That’s true ….for some recovering addicts a tailgate where lots of people are getting bombed may not be best environment . Some can handle it though. For this job, I would recommend someone who just doesn’t drink.

Reactions: Jm0513
Anyone looking for a tailgate to hang out at? My group is looking for a sober person to drive our bus after the games. We have a great group to hang with and a great tailgate spread!
Is there any pay or ticket available ?

All excellent points and agree with all! Just thought I would ask.

We use to have a Sober (really!) bus driver, but he moved to NC

We park in the Blue Lot. The bus is stored in New Brunswick 4.2 miles from the the stadium.
The Red Bus??

I'm trying to make sense of this. I get that the bus allows so that you only need to buy one parking space from RU. OK.

So the driver would meet everyone 4 miles outside the stadium. How does everyone get to that designated spot? It seems like at some point, at least 1/3 of you will need to get behind the wheel.

Something is off here. This seems like it might be better on Craig's List than The Knight Report.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
I'm trying to make sense of this. I get that the bus allows so that you only need to buy one parking space from RU. OK.

So the driver would meet everyone 4 miles outside the stadium. How does everyone get to that designated spot? It seems like at some point, at least 1/3 of you will need to get behind the wheel.

Something is off here. This seems like it might be better on Craig's List than The Knight Report.
Perhaps they store the bus w/all the tailgate gear in it somewhere off campus. Then people can uber between home and the bus's storage location. Could take uber to the game, but not with a ton of tailgate equipment, right?

It could make sense and, if that's what everyone's doing in their group, I applaud them for their effort to keep drunk drivers off the road. It's a hell of a lot more responsible than most people seem to be with drinking and driving.

Perhaps they store the bus w/all the tailgate gear in it somewhere off campus. Then people can uber between home and the bus's storage location. Could take uber to the game, but not with a ton of tailgate equipment, right?

It could make sense and, if that's what everyone's doing in their group, I applaud them for their effort to keep drunk drivers off the road. It's a hell of a lot more responsible than most people seem to be with drinking and driving.
I would hold the applause and assumptions and wait for the response.

Why so much confusion?
Only the driver needs t be in the bus when it arrives with all the gear.
The rest of the tailgate crew can arrive and leave separately.

I bring an RV to all games from my home in NH and most of my tailgating group arrives from other locations. Some have their own parking in Yellow or Blue. Some get rides. Some may walk. No big mystery.

Reactions: newell138
Why so much confusion?
Only the driver needs t be in the bus when it arrives with all the gear.
The rest of the tailgate crew can arrive and leave separately.

I bring an RV to all games from my home in NH and most of my tailgating group arrives from other locations. Some have their own parking in Yellow or Blue. Some get rides. Some may walk. No big mystery.
Because the OP was not clear . You seem to be confused as well. You mention the driver needs to be in the bus when he arrives. But the guy was clear this was for driving “after the game.”

Because the OP was not clear . You seem to be confused as well. You mention the driver needs to be in the bus when he arrives. But the guy was clear this was for driving “after the game.”
Ok, I did assume that the "driver" would drive the bus both to and from the game. I suppose they could have two different drivers for that purpose, but still no one else needs to be aboard the bus when it's being driven.

That would be a good idea. Would need to figure out cleaning the items that need it after each game.

Reactions: mildone
You didn’t mention “if” the guy was partaking in drunk driving , then you will scold him ?
Here's what I said:

I highlighted the "if" for you. I confess I don't understand what you're complaining about. It's clear I'm not assuming anything about this particular tailgate crew.

That would be a good idea. Would need to figure out cleaning the items that need it after each game.
Could store the bus at one person's house, or at a restaurant or business with permission from the owner or something like that. That might give access to a sink where stuff can be cleaned.

All this is sort of moot for me these days, because I don't drink very much anymore. I go through a lot of tailgates without drinking anything but coffee. A far cry from the good old days of getting totally hammered on Mai Tai's during the tailgate and then stumbling into the stadium. LOL

Here's what I said:

I highlighted the "if" for you. I confess I don't understand what you're complaining about. It's clear I'm not assuming anything about this particular tailgate crew.
Not complaining . I would rather just not jump to any assumptions and the the guy explain

Not complaining . I would rather just not jump to any assumptions and the the guy explain
Again, I didn't make any assumptions. I suggested one possible explanation. I never said I believe it was the correct explanation, so there was no assumption.

Regardless of what the OP's reasons for the bus are, I think the approach I theorized about isn't necessarily a bad one for any tailgate crew that likes to do a lot of drinking before, during and after games.

Again, I didn't make any assumptions. I suggested one possible explanation. I never said I believe it was the correct explanation, so there was no assumption.

Regardless of what the OP's reasons for the bus are, I think the approach I theorized about isn't necessarily a bad one for any tailgate crew that likes to do a lot of drinking before, during and after games.
The approach you theorized is fine . I would just like to hear what the OP explains , because your theory might not be applicable in this situation - but yes , it’s a fine theory and would be what responsible drinking looks like

Reactions: mildone
The approach you theorized is fine . I would just like to hear what the OP explains , because your theory might not be applicable in this situation - but yes , it’s a fine theory and would be what responsible drinking looks like
It's not like I have all that many fine theories, so I am glad to get a little credit for this one. 😄

Reactions: Plum Street

Send me the keys and address. ; )

Everyone has excellent points. I hope to clarify.

White Bus: Yes, this is Red Bus - miss you as a tailgate neighbor!

Plum St: Yes, we can usually get a ticket and/or pay

And Mildone has it figured out: The bus is stored with all the tailgate equipment. I go to the bus from home and take the bus over very early. My group (for the most part) are pretty responsible. So I, and maybe a few others set-up early. I bring everything (food/beer/etc.) and my group just show up (some drive, some uber, some walk, train, etc.). We always have a TV on showing the game for those that don't have a ticket or don't want to go in. We usually catch a ride home with those that show up late. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT