ADVERTISEMENT

Football Parking

koleszar

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
OK after 18 years, The Boardwalk has screwed up my routine and I'm a creature of habit. So, with this change I figured screw it, since the routine is shot anyway let's go for different parking. Looking for anyone with experience in Blue and Yellow lots? Ease of access to Rt. 18, how's traffic in and out now with The Boardwalk. How many hours before to avoid traffic, just general experience. Thanks for any info.

Do NOT listen to anyone telling you to park in the Yellow lot because it's the best lot ever. Do NOT pay attention to these people who claim that you can get in with no hassles and out in less than a minute. Even if it's true, pay them no mind. Especially don't listen to people trying to convince you to park in the Yellow lot and show up 5 hours before game time so you can get in the front row because it has the best tailgate scene anywhere.

Do NOT listen to anyone telling you to park in the Yellow lot because it's the best lot ever. Do NOT pay attention to these people who claim that you can get in with no hassles and out in less than a minute. Even if it's true, pay them no mind. Especially don't listen to people trying to convince you to park in the Yellow lot and show up 5 hours before game time so you can get in the front row because it has the best tailgate scene anywhere.
So Yellow lot it is and arrive 5 hrs. and 10 minutes ahead of time.

OK after 18 years, The Boardwalk has screwed up my routine and I'm a creature of habit. So, with this change I figured screw it, since the routine is shot anyway let's go for different parking. Looking for anyone with experience in Blue and Yellow lots? Ease of access to Rt. 18, how's traffic in and out now with The Boardwalk. How many hours before to avoid traffic, just general experience. Thanks for any info.
Go Yellow. Either out the front at the end of the game by the practice field or out the back has always been a very easy out.

Yellow is easier to get out of . Blue harder to get out of . But in blue you got access to real bathrooms and the sherriff officers to keep you safe

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill

The Blue Lot is an absolute trainwreck with the new traffic patterns. Not so bad to get in, but horrendous getting out. For convenience, the yellow is much better.

Reactions: RURod
Yellow is easier to get out of . Blue harder to get out of . But in blue you got access to real bathrooms and the sherriff officers to keep you safe

Let's not forget the valuable service provided by sheriff's officers wading into tailgates to card people they think are underage!

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I was disappointed to find out that the white lot again will not be available for anything but ADA. apparently staff that used to park in the Brown lot parks there now. I parked there for years until last season. I was not that crazy about the yellow last year because I prefer a paved lot. I was in the scarlet years ago but they priced me out of that. I am thinking of just making arrangements to park at a private house this season.

how's traffic in and out now with The Boardwalk.
Not sure if the Boardwalk has really had any material impact on ingress/egress for either the yellow or blue lots as they've typically been. At least I didn't notice any change and that includes arriving within 15-20 minutes of kickoff for a couple of the games last fall.

So it comes down to which one is (always has been) better from a logistical standpoint, and that answer is not a secret unfortunately. But let's keep it on the dl anyway, ok?

Not sure if the Boardwalk has really had any material impact on ingress/egress for either the yellow or blue lots as they've typically been. At least I didn't notice any change and that includes arriving within 15-20 minutes of kickoff for a couple of the games last fall.

So it comes down to which one is (always has been) better from a logistical standpoint, and that answer is not a secret unfortunately. But let's keep it on the dl anyway, ok?
Going for the super secret lot, hopefully I have enough priority points to do so, don't really know as I haven't moved in 18 yrs. But talked to Rep gave my extra donation and Rep said I can't guarantee anything but as long as I don't miss my call slot we should have enough. We'll see what being the ticket Rep for my group for 18 yrs. in football, 11yrs. in wrestling and donations to the RFund get me. Probably be back at the RAC. LOL

And Thank You to everyone who chimed in. The information was much appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUnTeX
Going for the super secret lot, hopefully I have enough priority points to do so, don't really know as I haven't moved in 18 yrs. But talked to Rep gave my extra donation and Rep said I can't guarantee anything but as long as I don't miss my call slot we should have enough. We'll see what being the ticket Rep for my group for 18 yrs. in football, 11yrs. in wrestling and donations to the RFund get me. Probably be back at the RAC. LOL

And Thank everyone who enerators are loud chimed in. The information was much appreciated.
Another thing, talking about the boardwalk,one minor issue I forgot about. If you are close to Scarlet Knight Way ( the boardwalk) the generators are loud. If you are down wind they stink to the high heavens. Not a deal breaker.
It’s really the luck of the draw when you pull in.

Reactions: koleszar
You need those Sheriff officers to protect you, especially from that Wagner crowd, they are bunch of hooligans and rabble rousers. 😀

The Blue Lot is an absolute trainwreck with the new traffic patterns. Not so bad to get in, but horrendous getting out. For convenience, the yellow is much better.
My experience too. Wasn't bad at all until last year. Having the crowds from the bus drop walk past the exit and entrance is a joke of a plan.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
High class champagne drinking skoolie cant deal with the mud and grass, we mortals in yellow and blue are below him!
Damn, now I feel like I was a peasant or migrant worker being bused in for day labor. But no more, we're
"Moving on up, to the Eastside, to that deluxe tailgate in the sky".

giphy.gif

Reactions: Branchrentals
Damn, now I feel like I was a peasant or migrant worker being bused in for day labor. But no more, we're
"Moving on up, to the Eastside, to that deluxe tailgate in the sky".

giphy.gif

Bring pink pig meat. 😋

High class champagne drinking skoolie cant deal with the mud and grass, we mortals in yellow and blue are below him!
I used to think that's what Scarlet was but the tailgate setups are really impressive. I'm the new money in the lot. Pavement is a massive plus and I can tailgate longer because the stadium is right there.

Only knock is back rows are tame and music at your tailgate is pointless because the stadium warmup music is right there.

Today's tailgate at the spring game reminded me of why I grew to hate the scarlet lot. It's just too friggin tight. Spaces are too small, there's just not enough room to spread out properly.

Those of us who get into the front of the yellow lot on a weekly basis know how to work with the attendants so as to maximize our tailgate space. It's much better.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
After the last 2 seasons in green, moving to scarlet this year. Excited to try it out.
What’s wrong with the Green lot? Was there a few years ago . Close to the Stadium and on grass. The only compliant might be exiting after the game.

You might even be able to hang out with me! Or you may reconsider knowing I am in Yellow? 🤣
Now that we're moving to civilization and to you hoity toity types, most of you will be a simple walk. Also, our group has dwindled and not many left so our tailgates aren't as robust. Years of frustration in both football and wrestling has taken its toll. Be great to get with more people, I just don't like champaign and caviar. 😁

What’s wrong with the Green lot? Was there a few years ago . Close to the Stadium and on grass. The only compliant might be exiting after the game.
You hit the nail on the head. If you're in the back part of the green lot inside the fence they have 4 rows merging out of the one opening in the fence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT