ADVERTISEMENT

Cali--Your Opinions about new RU lacrosse facility

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Cali,
Do you like the new lacrosse facility being talked about? Will it help recruiting now or does it need to be under construction first ?

I am not Cali, but my opinion on the building is that it looks beautiful and will be a great asset but unless they put turf on Yurchak field (a lacrosse guy btw) you can not really call that a Soccer and Lacrosse stadium because of the limited time that the team can play on the field (the generally do not open the field until late March) I want to know what the plans are for practice and early season games. if they include the F-3 field and the stadium, it would not make sense to move the team. In the mock up I saw no additional field so while the building is nice they will eventually have to rectify the field issue at Yurchak.

The team- should be good on offense Bieda was just drafted into the MLL and will be the leader and there is a lot of fire power coming back with the top kids being Trasolini, Heninberg, Hollingsworth, Tolliver, George, and Murphy.

Defense should be better led by Sikora Drafted by the MLL and Branford Rogers, Rexrode and Bronzo will also play.

Goal should be a strength- Alleyne missed most of the fall but is back and looks sharp, Edelmann is the JUCO from MD that is pushing very hard for PT.

FO- Losing Nards was big, not sure how they replace him.

overall- the approach to the team has been really good lots of good instruction plus very high paced high intensity practices

^ what he said. Assuming the field issue gets worked out, it isn't a game changer, but does put us on par with other schools.

After a great fall, I heard the team played very lackluster in their first scrimmage today. Hopefully it was an abberation.

What is the deal with the field where the have the kid zone on football gamedays? Is that practice soccer fields? It seems like they should just make that space into a soccer facility and Yurcak into a lacrosse facility. Or the other way around.

In a thread on the FB board there was discussion about the facility, I mentioned that UF built a facility like the one proposed but it runs parallel and in between the woman's lacrosse field and women's practice soccer field. The terrace is a great viewing area and has concessions. There are bleachers the length of the building down to the field on both sides. I sent a note to Hobbs making the recommendation that similar could be done with a turf field on one side for lacrosse and grass on the other. Who knows but I got a real nice response back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT