ADVERTISEMENT

Calling Russ Wood...

What happened???
I didn't press Tai for any deep details. I congratulated him & told him that I was surprised by the timing of his decision. His reply was:

"Thanks. I felt like it was best for me."

My comment to him about the 'timing' was based on him not taking his visit to Minnesota even though I had a sense that the visit may not happen.

Like I said somewhere else in this forum, I expected him to pick Rutgers, largely due to Hobbs' relationship with Rod, but I thought that Wisconsin had done the best job recruiting him.

I didn't press Tai for any deep details. I congratulated him & told him that I was surprised by the timing of his decision. His reply was:

"Thanks. I felt like it was best for me."

My comment to him about the 'timing' was based on him not taking his visit to Minnesota even though I had a sense that the visit may not happen.

Like I said somewhere else in this forum, I expected him to pick Rutgers, largely due to Hobbs' relationship with Rod, but I thought that Wisconsin had done the best job recruiting him.

Russ,

Seems like a good kid. I hope he does well at Wisconsin. Just not on the nights RU plays them. This one could burn if he turns out doing really well, and we have to watch it in front of our eyes. Hahaha. Oh well.

Reactions: lilphilw
I never feel any recruit is a dead certain commit until he does.
But tend to think ,like I believe Russ did, some recruits are leaning heavily Rutgers way and feel they will commit only to see them decide to go somewhere else.
Remember these are teenagers prone to look one way, but change directions at a moments notice.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Wisconsin is a beautiful place with a incredible campus and reputation for academics and basketball.

Hard to beat that.

So.... when Russ says they did the best job recruiting him.... it irks me. What does that mean? Im really happy overall with what i see here. However, that “suggests “ we were outworked. I don’t know how to define outworked.. but clearly it means we didn’t connect as well as the other school. That’s difficult to hear. It’s a lot easier if he’s enamored with the success, campus , etc

Reactions: RUonBrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT