ADVERTISEMENT

Can you imagine if Cliff STAYS with Ace, Gavin..

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
and HOPEFULLY Dylan??

Final 4? Natty? I know, I know.. but damn, would be better than 75/76

That said, with no real NIL for him, if he has a great year this year he’s prolly gonna bolt.

Interesting indeed.

Let’s go..

Mentioned in “The Sleepers” podcast, I believe. That said, the hosts likely just threw that out there without considering the factors that make it unlikely. But we can hope.

Reactions: SBP
It’s certainly exciting to think about what could be if Cliff stayed for one more year. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any reason to believe he would do that. We’re lucky to have him back this year.

Instead of why would he stay, think:
"Why would he leave?"

Regardless of his play this year, he's likely to be undrafted/2nd round pick at best.
Likely G-League and have to prove it

That would likely still be there for him a year later.

G-league contract is approx $50k I believe.
However, with no NIL - he's in a unique position of considering leaving more likely but not guaranteed

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
and HOPEFULLY Dylan??

That said, with no real NIL for him, if he has a great year this year he’s prolly gonna bolt.

Interesting indeed.

Let’s go..
I been imaging it since Ace committed

Reactions: Arizona Knight
That would be a dream come true for me and especially for all of us RU fans who have lived through so many down years in basketball. We all I believe would deserve this so very very much.

The entire power structure of Rutgers and New, Brunswick should be able to put a nice package on the table (find a way). The benefits of a national title run would be incredible for the entire area and Cliff would be a major piece.

Reactions: RUby RED and SBP
and HOPEFULLY Dylan??

Interesting indeed.

Let’s go..
Not going to hold our breath on those chances. If we had a real sugar daddy with a B1G lollipop… nah.

Reactions: OriginalKnight
The thing with keeping Cliff another year is I don't believe they can go out of the country again next year which is the only way cliff can get NIL money.

Reactions: Ru7580
We’re gonna need a 7 figure NIL campaign to keep him for another year
This... but then do Gavin Ace and Dylan all want more? What about the rest of the roster? Would need the mega boosters to step up massively

Seems like a pipe dream with extremely small odds, but you never know. Fun to dream about though

If Jersey Mike's executives were smart, they'd help with NIL at least for this one year. You almost can't ask for a better scenario even if you were an established blue blood. Cliff, Mag (also), Gavin, Ace, Dylan as a starting five. Experience with talent. That would be awesome.

Instead of why would he stay, think:
"Why would he leave?"

Regardless of his play this year, he's likely to be undrafted/2nd round pick at best.
Likely G-League and have to prove it

That would likely still be there for him a year later.

G-league contract is approx $50k I believe.
However, with no NIL - he's in a unique position of considering leaving more likely but not guaranteed

Harpers salary is 500k.

Reactions: NickRU714
The thing with keeping Cliff another year is I don't believe they can go out of the country again next year which is the only way cliff can get NIL money.
Raise a million and do it

Another thought is that if someone can finance an insurance policy for Cliff for several million dollars of protection against injury, perhaps coming back can be a reality if he is willing to put off his pay day for one more year.

Reactions: redking and Ru7580
Would need to schedule a holiday tournament in the Bahamas considering we can't take another team trip overseas. That being said have to imagine Cliff is long gone

and HOPEFULLY Dylan??

Interesting indeed.

Let’s go..
Not until they get to the final four.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT