ADVERTISEMENT

Mag, Hyatt, Cliff

zebnatto

All Conference
May 7, 2008
I’m fine with them being gone next year:

Cliff: I’ll take my chances ( even without portal guy) with Lathan, Wolf, Egbole. Never seen a player more overrated than Cliff;

Mag: People’s enthusiasm based on a half dozen excellent games. Unreliable in both performance and health.

Hyatt: I think he does enough to keep himself getting minutes but, imo, a losing season player. Hear me Gavin—minutes next year with talent around you.

Ace and Dylan are gonna get loads of minutes. Optimism about nice contribution from Lathan. Maybe just a touch of improvement from JWill. Gavin can you hear me (45% fg, 38% from 3).

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: RU-ROCS and cRURah
He is terribly inconsistent. We can't just give a pass because he dominated a horrendous Michigan. They don't play D.
Again second most double doubles in the over the last two years behind Edey. Yes inconsistent at times but to me that is a hell of a lot of overall contributions and some we should welcome back with open arms on next years team if possible.

Cliff: I’ll take my chances ( even without portal guy) with Lathan, Wolf, Egbole. Never seen a player more overrated than Cliff;

Mag: People’s enthusiasm based on a half dozen excellent games. Unreliable in both performance and health.

Hyatt: I think he does enough to keep himself getting minutes but, imo, a losing season player. Hear me Gavin—minutes next year with talent around you.

Ace and Dylan are gonna get loads of minutes. Optimism about nice contribution from Lathan. Maybe just a touch of improvement from JWill. Gavin can you hear me (45% fg, 38% from 3).

Agree

Ready to move forward

Sometimes hard choices need to be made to max potential for the program

Again second most double doubles in the over the last two years behind Edey. Yes inconsistent at times but to me that is a hell of a lot of overall contributions and some we should welcome back with open arms on next years team if possible.
I agree. His flush game will be better next year with the guys coming in. But overall I'd say his game here over 4 years was underwhelming.

Reactions: billgumpper

Best leave those decisions to the coaching staff

Reactions: hiwater
Good riddance to Hyatt and I’m fine with Mag leaving but There is almost zero chance Pike is capable of getting a big man close to Cliff out of the portal. Expect a disappointing season if we don’t get comparable replacements for Cliff and Mag.

Reactions: Scangg
Another thread $hitting on Cliff…. He has had bad nights for sure but we all need to remember that next to Edey he has the most double double games over the last two years in the big ten… yup that screams overrated to me.
B F D means noTHING!

My take is that we don’t have anyone besides JWill that can give an entry pass to Cliff - id love to see percentage of Cliffs shots that have been assisted by him. Imagine working hard on almost every possession to get position down low and the guards just passed it around the perimeter like hot potato, just demotivates a person at some point and expends a ton of energy.

Next year w Harper and Bailey commanding more attention, we should be able to feed Cliff for easier buckets.

Good riddance to Hyatt and I’m fine with Mag leaving but There is almost zero chance Pike is capable of getting a big man close to Cliff out of the portal. Expect a disappointing season if we don’t get comparable replacements for Cliff and Mag.
Finding a good big man in the portal will not be easy. The top portal bigs will be going to blue bloods for huge money

My take is that we don’t have anyone besides JWill that can give an entry pass to Cliff - id love to see percentage of Cliffs shots that have been assisted by him. Imagine working hard on almost every possession to get position down low and the guards just passed it around the perimeter like hot potato, just demotivates a person at some point and expends a ton of energy.

Next year w Harper and Bailey commanding more attention, we should be able to feed Cliff for easier buckets.
Yea, this is pretty obvious

Reactions: Crewparent1996
SEASONTEAM
yeah he's been an absolute stud this year in year 4.
Career

GPGSMINFGFG%3PT3P%FTFT%ORDRREBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS
23614.91.6-2.563.20.0-0.150.00.6-1.442.40.83.14.00.20.70.42.00.43.8
323228.75.0-8.162.40.0-0.216.71.8-3.160.22.25.77.80.41.30.52.21.311.9
343430.35.3-10.450.70.1-0.618.22.6-4.260.43.16.49.60.92.10.62.61.813.2
282827.54.4-8.451.90.0-0.220.02.3-3.858.92.86.08.90.53.10.72.61.411.0

How could anyone not want a healthy Mag next season?

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Simpson is really the name I think needs to be on this list. One of the worst offensive games of basketball I’ve ever seen. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him pass the ball to Gavin in a live-ball scenario
I get the argument that he has gotten better defensively and is now solid on D...but who doesn't improve under Pikell on D? He's a guard who can't shoot. Tonight was the fork in him for me. He will be a junior guard next year and 4th guard at best (assuming another frosh coming in doesn't take his minutes).

Cliff could have an insane season, next year. Built up chemistry with JWill.. 2 nba lottery picks, taking attention away from you. Ace helping you on the boards, and helping you with rim protection. I repeat -- Cliff could have an insane season, next year

Reactions: LeapinLou
I get the argument that he has gotten better defensively and is now solid on D...but who doesn't improve under Pikell on D? He's a guard who can't shoot. Tonight was the fork in him for me. He will be a junior guard next year and 4th guard at best (assuming another frosh coming in doesn't take his minutes).
He just hunts these atrocious shots man. Like you’re a 104% free throw shooter and you’re settling for a shitty, off-balance floater falling toward the baseline.

If he wants to be an end-of-bench, program guy next year, cool I guess. Otherwise there’s no room imo

Reactions: RUskoolie
He just hunts these atrocious shots man. Like you’re a 104% free throw shooter and you’re settling for a shitty, off-balance floater falling toward the baseline.

If he wants to be an end-of-bench, program guy next year, cool I guess. Otherwise there’s no room imo
Love his confidence but he constantly pulls up from 12 feet and misses. He's kind of a less reckless Bishop Daniels. Kind of fast, skinny, good on D...can't shoot well.

B F D means noTHING!
So wait a 5 who rebounds usually in double digits per game. blocks a few shots a game and leads that country in that category and scores in double digits per game means nothing? Do you understand basketball? Please genius tell me what more you want the 5 to do?

I agree. I hope Cliff makes a decision very soon after our last game. He needs to help Pike by not having him wondering for two or three months. If he does return i hope Sommerville can play almost 20 minutes a game as well. He can hit threes which might bring a defensive center away from the basket. Next season should be very exciting and we should get a lot of media attention. Who will return on our team should be interesting as well.

Reactions: cRURah
We are talking about next year where they should be much more offensive firepower and more wins

Cliff can't do anything with guards who can't shoot create and dish. His fit NEXT season is sooo good
I agree with you/this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT