ADVERTISEMENT

How do we get cliff to stay?

If it's not Cliff, it's a player who can put up his numbers and anchor the D against big men. If the big donors don't line up to take advantage of opportunity we have in front of us next year, I don't know what else would ever entice them to contribute.

I just looked to see that he is #1 in P6 for blocks.

Wouldn't be surprised if he leads the nation in dunks from 2/1 on this year.

From a dunks ands block, there is only a poor man's cliff. There is no equal.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

He's a 15/12 reb/4 block player next year with 125-140 dunks. If he doesn't get those dunks, it just means the other 3 are going OFF.
What's his high for dunks? 95ish?

JWill, Dylan, Ace, mag and him is elite 8 imo.

Can I dream?
No.

Cliff can't get NIL next year unless they play out of the country right?

I have no idea how student visas work but couldn't Cliff simply go home to Nigeria in like June and get his NIL then?

Last edited:
I am sure there are ways to get him paid creatively if he really wanted to stay. His NBA prospects at Age 24 are the same for the undrafted like he will be at 23 or 24, he shouldn’t be thinking draft anyway. And Overseas money will always be there

Reactions: #1 RUFan
Cliff needs to go where the $ is at this point - I don't think there is much more development he is going to get from another year in college. I would be surprised if he came back.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
It would be awesome to see what that team would do (Cliff, Dylan, Ace, JWill). Need a sniper to be the 5th starter. Because he's brittle, I'd make Mag a 6th man and not even play him in the first half. Keep him fresh and have him be a disruptor for the 2nd half.

It would be awesome to see what that team would do (Cliff, Dylan, Ace, JWill). Need a sniper to be the 5th starter. Because he's brittle, I'd make Mag a 6th man and not even play him in the first half. Keep him fresh and have him be a disruptor for the 2nd half.
Really crappy thing to say about Mag. Guy is tough as nails.

Really crappy thing to say about Mag. Guy is tough as nails.
Wasn't meant as a criticism. Was based on % of games he's played during his career. He's never had a full season. If you're relying on him to be a full time starter for 30 games, you're asking him for something that he has never done before.

Wasn't meant as a criticism. Was based on % of games he's played during his career. He's never had a full season. If you're relying on him to be a full time starter for 30 games, you're asking him for something that he has never done before.
Understood but calling a guy who missed games because he got his teeth knocked by an elbow brittle doesn’t sit well with me.

Players are injury prone until they aren't. You see this narrative busted all the time in football. If it's not a degenerative reoccurring injury, it's just bad luck that typically fades

Understood but calling a guy who missed games because he got his teeth knocked by an elbow brittle doesn’t sit well with me.
Yea I think most humans are pretty prone to injury when being elbowed in the teeth.

Reactions: Scangg
Cliff offensive stats could be monstrous if he stays and his draft stock will go up accordingly.
Doesn’t have NBA skills, not by a longshot. Can’t pass, dribble, catch or shoot and another year won’t change that.

Didn’t anyone see him trying to dribble on a fast break yesterday? Can’t get any uglier than that, even though the ref bailed him out with a foul call IIRC.

Last edited:
In hockey they are back out on the ice sometimes the same period and many times after intermission. Basketball? Brittle is as brittle does.

Need to figure out how Cliff can make more money here than the alternatives

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT