ADVERTISEMENT

Mag, Hyatt, Cliff

I’m fine with them being gone next year:

Cliff: I’ll take my chances ( even without portal guy) with Lathan, Wolf, Egbole. Never seen a player more overrated than Cliff;

Mag: People’s enthusiasm based on a half dozen excellent games. Unreliable in both performance and health.

Hyatt: I think he does enough to keep himself getting minutes but, imo, a losing season player. Hear me Gavin—minutes next year with talent around you.

Ace and Dylan are gonna get loads of minutes. Optimism about nice contribution from Lathan. Maybe just a touch of improvement from JWill. Gavin can you hear me (45% fg, 38% from 3).
Absolutely agree…turn the f’ing page

Last edited:
Reactions: zebnatto
So wait a 5 who rebounds usually in double digits per game. blocks a few shots a game and leads that country in that category and scores in double digits per game means nothing? Do you understand basketball? Please genius tell me what more you want the 5 to do?
FIRST OF ALL DIPSHIT (and I'll go there because you had to do the genius thing) I was specifically responding to the blocking post. I want a center to be consistent and I want a 4th year player to be better than he was when he was a Soph and a junior on a team that desperately needs some offense. How bout some consistency? Do YOU understand that concept? You think he's been that this year? Who exactly played the center this game? Or go ahead and quote his stats for the most important last 5.. His shot blocking is up. BFD..everything else is down. The TEAM is LOSING . That's what i responded to.

2023-2024 all B1G Pre-Season Team selection. You think he's gonna be it post season? You wanna place a bet?

2023-24 Preseason All-Big Ten Team​

(Unanimous selections in ALL CAPS)
  • TERRENCE SHANNON JR., 5th YEAR, G, ILLINOIS
  • Julian Reese, Jr., F, Maryland
  • JAHMIR YOUNG, 5th YEAR, G, MARYLAND
  • Dawson Garcia, Jr., F, Minnesota
  • A.J. Hoggard, Sr., G, Michigan State
  • Tyson Walker, Grad., G, Michigan State
  • Keisei Tominaga, Sr., G, Nebraska
  • BOO BUIE, Grad., G, NORTHWESTERN
  • ZACH EDEY, Sr., C, PURDUE
  • Clifford Omoruyi, Sr., C, Rutgers

We have an elite defense and a horrific offense, so we’re an extremely average team. Sounds like half to me
i had a bagel the other day. the bottom half was plain but the top half was an everything side. two equal halves. one I spit out, the other i really enjoyed and was tasty. No bagel shops survived with only a half tasty bagel. 😁

FIRST OF ALL DIPSHIT (and I'll go there because you had to do the genius thing) I was specifically responding to the blocking post. I want a center to be consistent and I want a 4th year player to be better than he was when he was a Soph and a junior on a team that desperately needs some offense. How bout some consistency? Do YOU understand that concept? You think he's been that this year? Who exactly played the center this game? Or go ahead and quote his stats for the most important last 5.. His shot blocking is up. BFD..everything else is down. The TEAM is LOSING . That's what i responded to.

2023-2024 all B1G Pre-Season Team selection. You think he's gonna be it post season? You wanna place a bet?

2023-24 Preseason All-Big Ten Team​

(Unanimous selections in ALL CAPS)
  • TERRENCE SHANNON JR., 5th YEAR, G, ILLINOIS
  • Julian Reese, Jr., F, Maryland
  • JAHMIR YOUNG, 5th YEAR, G, MARYLAND
  • Dawson Garcia, Jr., F, Minnesota
  • A.J. Hoggard, Sr., G, Michigan State
  • Tyson Walker, Grad., G, Michigan State
  • Keisei Tominaga, Sr., G, Nebraska
  • BOO BUIE, Grad., G, NORTHWESTERN
  • ZACH EDEY, Sr., C, PURDUE
  • Clifford Omoruyi, Sr., C, Rutgers
Cliff and most particularly Reese stand out on that list as the biggest letdowns. Reese playing with Young too, talk about disappointing year for Maryland.

Not wanting a walking double-double who averages 3 blocks a game is certainly an interesting take. Who are these phenomenal centers out there?
And he wants to keep Woolfolk but not Cliff?????????????????

Another thread $hitting on Cliff…. He has had bad nights for sure but we all need to remember that next to Edey he has the most double double games over the last two years in the big ten… yup that screams overrated to me.
The Cliff haters are clueless. Every player has flaws and strengths. Cliff’s are extreme on each side. When he leaves it will be hard to replace his production and impact on defense.

Also don't forget that mag literally stole NIL money and then mailed it in. Guy is a dirty thief.

Eventually mag and cliff have to be replaced

A danger in conducting offseason with too much trust
If next year was a rebuilding year I'd be fine with Lathan and Egbole and doing some portal value shopping at Center. But next year is our go for broke year with two lottery picks. Cliff is a sure thing.

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
Keep Cliff but keep him at free throw line 2 hours a day until November

what has good D gotten us, this year especially? I’ll take an upgrade on O at the expense of the D. Cliff muffs entry passes more than he catches them, and he’s incapable of passing out of the post.

Simpson plays good D too. So what.

The team has been a offensive shit show and these two are the main culprits.

what has good D gotten us, this year especially? I’ll take an upgrade on O at the expense of the D. Cliff muffs entry passes more than he catches them, and he’s incapable of passing out of the post.

Simpson plays good D too. So what.

The team has been a offensive shit show and these two are the main culprits.
And who do you think provides this upgrade on offense? You think we're gonna get someone like Hunter Dickinson? Good luck with that. Lol

The Cliff haters are clueless. Every player has flaws and strengths. Cliff’s are extreme on each side. When he leaves it will be hard to replace his production and impact on defense.

People who wouldn’t want Cliff on next years team should have their posting privileges revoked.

There needs to be a limit to the stupidity/ a baseline of sanity to post here

People who wouldn’t want Cliff on next years team should have their posting privileges revoked.

There needs to be a limit to the stupidity/ a baseline of sanity to post here
This. No one is saying Cliff is a perfect player. He has flaws, and occasionally no shows in game. But he’s still a really good big. If he entered the portal he’d be at the top of the list. But, if Cliff moves on, all is not lost. You can get bigs in the portal — SHU did well with the kid from Santa Clara — but there’s not a lot of them.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
And who do you think provides this upgrade on offense? You think we're gonna get someone like Hunter Dickinson? Good luck with that. Lol
Cliff’s production on O is easy to find. Anyone who can pass, play facing the basket, can hit jumpers or has a move or two. And I mean any one of those, not all.

most every other D1 center can do at least 1 or 2 of those things. Cliff can’t do any.

Cliff’s D is unlikely to be replaceable, but if we can’t have it both ways it’s time focus on offense.

Myles and Cliff have been the backbone to our defense. Take those 2 out of the equation i think/know you see a huge drop off on D

THIS...

we've been so lucky to have that back end/rim protector for years now, so many people seem to have forgot what a defense looks like without one.

plus he's getting doubled on the regular because no one fears our guards. that will change next year and his offensive numbers will look way better as well.

you do whatever you can to get him back...the alternative you are able to get will be a CLEAR downgrade.

Yeah, until he had to sit due to fouls - then we regularly got dominated in the post. We need him desperately next year to allow Sommerville to apprentice behind him.
I wouldn't exactly say desperately as I think Big O has solid potential and Pike has the portal to explore but I wouldn't scream if he did come back and frankly think the NCOTB and their style of play might serve him well.

I wouldn't exactly say desperately as I think Big O has solid potential and Pike has the portal to explore but I wouldn't scream if he did come back and frankly think the NCOTB and their style of play might serve him well.
Big O has potential but he’s super raw. I’m not singling you out — because a good portion of the fan base sees something with him — but I don’t see a guy that could remotely step in next year. He’s an 8-10 minute guy.

Big O has potential but he’s super raw. I’m not singling you out — because a good portion of the fan base sees something with him — but I don’t see a guy that could remotely step in next year. He’s an 8-10 minute guy.
I never said he was a 25 minute player.

Tell me again how idiotic I am for feeling meh as to whether or not Cliff returns next year. What to you phkng eyes tell you?

You guys do realize the primary identity of next year's team is still going to be defense, right?

Yes we're adding young studs to the mix, but the program is what it is because it's the identity the coach built. Love it or not, that's what it is.

Cliff is an excellent anchor on the defense. Why anyone would willingly want him gone is baffling to me.

Because you also have to put the ball in the basket. This team cannot survive with a C who has not offensive moves, no ability to move to and anticipate a pass, and no ability to score on anything contested.(1-5, 2pts).: In the sense that he is a shot blocker he is a defensive back wall, but often lesser acclaimed Cs eat his lunch.

It’s Big E….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT