ADVERTISEMENT

JWill is a Revelation - Huge Win!

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
I know others have said this and I have too, but today was even another level up. This kid has simply stepped in and made everyone else around him better, both on offense and defense. His control of the ball at the point and his vision passing are superb and he can also get to the glass, plus I don't think he has missed a FT this year. It's no coincidence that Cliff is thriving with JWill playing and making great passes. Gotta love 18/7/5 with only 1 TO.

And on defense, he's very active and is quick and long and he communicates well with his teammates, making the whole defense better, especially our press and traps, where he's really good. And he does it all with a smile on his face - you can just tell how much he loves playing. If only we had him all year - pretty sure we'd be on the right side of the bubble if we had, but even now, I'm thinking this team might have an epic run in it to get back on the bubble 10-10/18-15 is very attainable and if we could somehow get to 11-9/19-12, we're back on the bubble. 35th anniversary of 1989 - just sayin'...

Was also sweet to see Noah and Hyatt crushing it off the bench - and where did 10-17 from deep come from? Cliff with 8 block and a double double? And everyone else contributed. Love seeing that. It's fun to watch RU hoops again - after that PSU debacle our group was all talking about maybe skipping some games - no way now, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks and holy crap you're right, lol. Old sucks, but it beats the alternative...
If it makes you feel better... I went to a few of the RU games during the undefeated 1975-76 season. And the College Avenue Gym only held 2,800!

Did get to see them hang a record 119 vs. Seton Hall in the Barn that year.

Run Rutgers Run indeed!

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
Sorry I missed it. I may have thought it was the paint chips falling, lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT