ADVERTISEMENT

Minutes moving forward..

winfield102

All American
Gold Member
Jun 15, 2005
With JWill playing now, how do you see the minutes?

I'll say that I'd like to see Fernandez or Hyatt on the court for at least 30 of the 40 minutes? We need a 3 point threat and JWill will find the open guy if the defense comes to him.

AWill gets some minutes if healthy. 6-10?

GG gets 3 shots to determine his minutes and quick hook if 0-3.

Wolf plays selectively based on the matchup. EO hands to be watched closely after the last game.

Palm is on the bench for the rest of the year with JW and EO now playing.

JWill - 34
Cliff - 30
Mag - 30
Simpson - 26
Davis - 22
Hyatt - 22
Noah - 14
EO - 10
Gavin - 6
Awill - 6

With JWill playing now, how do you see the minutes?

I'll say that I'd like to see Fernandez or Hyatt on the court for at least 30 of the 40 minutes? We need a 3 point threat and JWill will find the open guy if the defense comes to him.

AWill gets some minutes if healthy. 6-10?

GG gets 3 shots to determine his minutes and quick hook if 0-3.

Wolf plays selectively based on the matchup. EO hands to be watched closely after the last game.

Palm is on the bench for the rest of the year with JW and EO now playing.

JWill - 34
Cliff - 30
Mag - 30
Simpson - 26
Davis - 22
Hyatt - 22
Noah - 14
EO - 10
Gavin - 6
Awill - 6
Right now you can’t count on a will for anytnjng

Id move Jwill to 30. The 62 minutes you have between noah, derek and jamike seem right. I think the allocation of those minutes changes based on how they play.

Derek and Jamike bring the D so they are 1st in line. Offensively I dont know who i prefer. Quite frankly they all have some ugly warts.

Reactions: winfield102
Williams 35
Simpson 25
Fernandes 25
Davis 20
Hyatt 25
Mag 30
Cliff 32
Ogbole 8

If Noah or Gavin don't have it, their minutes get cut imo. Simpson and Davis have strong defensive value if they limit the number of poor shots. Noah and Gavin have to offensively positive to have value. If Simpson and/or Noah is on a heater, you ride it.

I'm praying Pike has explained to Simpson that we don't need him to get shots up anymore or the sake of getting shots up. We needed his speed last year and prior to JWill this year. Simpson has to figure out a way to suck up at least 2 1-1 situations per game.

Outside of Purdue, we're in a 7 game season where we might have to go 7-0. We ride JWill like we rode Paul for a stretch a couple of years back. If he can take 40 minutes a game, he takes 40 minutes.

I'm curious to see how Austin Williams looks with the improved ball movement. With the defense a little more off balance, it may help him get to the cup easier, and score more. Plus he's active on the offensive boards. If we keep winning, and are playing for a bid -- the 2 freshman should start seeing fewer minutes. Winning is still important

Let’s not go nuts on Noah. He played great yesterday but he’s still down the depth chart IMO. If he gets hot like yesterday he should get extra minutes. And late in game with a lead he’s great for FTs. Beyond that we should still be focused on developing the guys who will be here after this year.

But, to be clear, if he goes on a streak the next few games absolutely get him minutes.

Currently, we seem to have a nine person rotation that does not include Woolf, A Williams or Oskar. All three were getting minutes earlier in the season. J Williams and Ogbole have effectively replaced two of them and Oskar has just been cut.

Right now other than Gavin the rotation seems fairly set. I have heard some say that once Gavin gets his confidence back he will be fine, I don't recall when he has come across as confident. He has never been shy shooting the ball but that has not been a good thing at times. Noah was in jeopardy of accumulating DNP's but his shooting that last game will keep in there for the coming week.

Currently, we seem to have a nine person rotation that does not include Woolf, A Williams or Oskar. All three were getting minutes earlier in the season. J Williams and Ogbole have effectively replaced two of them and Oskar has just been cut.

Right now other than Gavin the rotation seems fairly set. I have heard some say that once Gavin gets his confidence back he will be fine, I don't recall when he has come across as confident. He has never been shy shooting the ball but that has not been a good thing at times. Noah was in jeopardy of accumulating DNP's but his shooting that last game will keep in there for the coming week.
Austin is a wildcard. He's been hurt. Wolf and Oskar have clearly been moved down the rotation

Center (40)
- Cliff - 32
- Ogbole - 8

Forward/wing (60)
- Mag - 28
- Hyatt - 22
- Gavin - 10

Guard (100)
- JWill - 32
- Simpson - 28
- JMike - 22
- Noah - 18

Out of rotation (could play in foul trouble situations):
- AWill - the injury has slowed him. Hopefully he can get healthy in case we need defense or rebounding from the guard spot
- Woolf
- Oskar

Reactions: winfield102
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT