ADVERTISEMENT

How do we get cliff to stay?

In hockey they are back out on the ice sometimes the same period and many times after intermission. Basketball? Brittle is as brittle does.
That’s because basketball teams don’t employ dentists. I don’t mind if people think basketball is soft. My issue is calling a player soft or brittle.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
His draft stock is probably capped at Late 2nd rd pick unless he was like First Team AA.

100%

I don't get why people who appear to not fully understand the NBA Draft process can't just stop themselves.
Just stop at "If clif returns, he'll put huge stats."

He was late 2nd/undrafted last year at best.
This year he'll be late 2nd/undrafted at best.
Next year he'll be late 2nd/undrafted st best.

If Clif come back and shoot 50% from 3 while bringing the ball up the court, he might solidify himself as a 2nd round pick.

It's about skills not stats.

In hockey they are back out on the ice sometimes the same period and many times after intermission. Basketball? Brittle is as brittle does.
https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/01/w...tooth-and-nail-on-defense.html?outputType=amp

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — The braces prevented Mawot Mag’s teeth from pouring out of his mouth.

On Nov. 17, three days before he verbally committed to Rutgers for the Class of 2020, the 6-foot-7 small forward was elbowed in the face as he took a charge while playing with his Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep team at an event in Phoenix.

“Words can’t even describe, I was in shock," Mag, an 18-year-old native of South Sudan, told NJ Advance Media this past weekend at the prestigious Hoophall Classic at Springfield College. "I looked up while I was on the ground and I saw the puddle of blood. One of my teeth got knocked out and my other teeth got pushed up all the way in my gum and my bottom teeth were all crooked.”

Mag ended up in the emergency room until 3 a.m., and doctors had to pull the tooth out that was lodged in his gum.

“If he didn’t have braces, he would’ve been toothless,” Prolific Prep coach Joey Fuca said. “The braces were a good thing.”

Mag had about two more months until his braces were scheduled to come off, but the doctors just left them on to help him recover from the mouth and facial fractures.

“They helped me a lot,” Mag said.

You’re an asshole.

Reactions: #1 RUFan
https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/01/w...tooth-and-nail-on-defense.html?outputType=amp

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — The braces prevented Mawot Mag’s teeth from pouring out of his mouth.

On Nov. 17, three days before he verbally committed to Rutgers for the Class of 2020, the 6-foot-7 small forward was elbowed in the face as he took a charge while playing with his Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep team at an event in Phoenix.

“Words can’t even describe, I was in shock," Mag, an 18-year-old native of South Sudan, told NJ Advance Media this past weekend at the prestigious Hoophall Classic at Springfield College. "I looked up while I was on the ground and I saw the puddle of blood. One of my teeth got knocked out and my other teeth got pushed up all the way in my gum and my bottom teeth were all crooked.”

Mag ended up in the emergency room until 3 a.m., and doctors had to pull the tooth out that was lodged in his gum.

“If he didn’t have braces, he would’ve been toothless,” Prolific Prep coach Joey Fuca said. “The braces were a good thing.”

Mag had about two more months until his braces were scheduled to come off, but the doctors just left them on to help him recover from the mouth and facial fractures.

“They helped me a lot,” Mag said.

You’re an asshole.
Thanks. All I pointed out is hockey players get teeth knocked out, return within the same period or after the intermission, and you reply that I'm an asshole? Why are you acting like such a dvickhead and I use that name rarely? So considered yourself or extra special.

Last edited:
That’s because basketball teams don’t employ dentists. I don’t mind if people think basketball is soft. My issue is calling a player soft or brittle.
Understood and thank you for the civil response vs douche cm13 above.

100%

I don't get why people who appear to not fully understand the NBA Draft process can't just stop themselves.
Just stop at "If clif returns, he'll put huge stats."

He was late 2nd/undrafted last year at best.
This year he'll be late 2nd/undrafted at best.
Next year he'll be late 2nd/undrafted st best.

If Clif come back and shoot 50% from 3 while bringing the ball up the court, he might solidify himself as a 2nd round pick.

It's about skills not stats.
Ok, he had no chance of being a late 2nd last year, if he did he would have entered the draft and taken his chances.

Playing with Ace and Dylan will not improve his draft potential. Scouts aren’t stupid, if he looks better because of Ace and Dylan, scouts will not be surprised and will largely credit Ace and Dylan, not Cliff. If you have NBA potential, you can perform even when the circumstances are difficult, and carry your team. Scouts have been watching Cliff for years and know what he is.

If Cliff stays in college, he will be 24 before the NBA season starts the year he graduates. The breakout he would have to have to get anyone interested in drafting him would have to be on a scale that has almost never been seen.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT