ADVERTISEMENT

Caroo is the BEST WR in the draft

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
I think he'll go into be the best Rutgers WR in the NFL ever. Too bad his senior season was marred by nonsense, but some team is about to get an OUTSTANDING value.

Reactions: RutgersLifeR
I think he'll go into be the best Rutgers WR in the NFL ever. Too bad his senior season was marred by nonsense, but some team is about to get an OUTSTANDING value.
There is the RutgersAl confusing posts I missed...are you saying Caroo is the best receiver in this draft, the best RU receiver to be drafted, of the best value for a receiver in this draft? Or all 3? I would say he could be the best VALUE for a team if he drops to round 3 or 4. Best receiver? Unless he is picked in the first 20 picks I'd say the scouts won't agree. Best RU receiver? Depends who drafts him and how he is used...

I have been saying all along that Carroo will surprise us, and be very productive in the NFL. I think he is definitely in the top 5 of receivers in the draft. Even when hurt, he was our best player whenever he took the the field. Whoever drafts him will be very happy they did. I hope the Jets draft him. Marshall, Decker and Carroo would be quite a formidable pass catching trio. Hopefully the jets have a plan for a QB to throw to their receivers.

Can't wait to see Leonte in action.

agree that he could go past second round and if so, he is a great value, could end up being best ever from RU, but the other possibility is Sanu in Atlanta

Never make it, injury prone will continue to have ankle issues. It is a shame because he could of been a good one.

He was not injury prone, he had a ankle issue this year. But, in time that will heal. There has been information that he was limited from it during his pro workouts. He has a big heart and has proven to get into great position.

Reactions: Soccermomager
Even though I'm a Jets fan, I would love to see the Patriots draft Carroo. I think he would be incredibly successful paired with Brady, to the extent that Carroo would contend for rookie honors in 2016.

Never make it, injury prone will continue to have ankle issues. It is a shame because he could of been a good one.

Do you think his ankle was about being injury prone or did you watch the play where he hurt it?
Now, if you feel ankles never heal correctly, that is a different subject...

I'm on board about his value. A healthy Caroo could be very good in the NFL. There are times he just can't be covered

Injury prone because of an ankle injury? Never make it? Wow.

I sure hope you are wrong with you analysis.

Is this OP the same guy who was talking about RU hiring Greg Popovich as your next Basketball coach?

It isn't like there's been a history of great NFL WR's from RU over the past dozen or so years. Underwood didn't last, Wright was moved to TE, Sanu isn't a true deep threat, and the best of them all, Kenny Britt was his own worst enemy.

I think the thing that will make Carroo successful in the NFL is that he has the drive to be great. I don't think he will be happy just collecting an NFL paycheck...I think he will drive himself to be better than the guy across from him. That is what separates guys with talent and guys that end up being great. Kenny Britt maybe has more talent than Carroo, but I'm guessing Carroo will outwork him and most others.

Reactions: Soccermomager
I know I'm being biased, but I believe he's the best receiver in the draft as well. The biggest reason I think he's getting snubbed in a lot of boards is because we just didn't see enough of him this year. I think a game or two would have made a ton of difference in terms of national recognition.

If Carroo gets taken by the end of the 3rd round he should be very happy. He seems to be anywhere from 6th to 15th WR in the draft. Treadwell, Fuller, Coleman, and Doctson seem to be everyone's 1st 4. After that who knows?

Reactions: Purple-Ed
It isn't like there's been a history of great NFL WR's from RU over the past dozen or so years. Underwood didn't last, Wright was moved to TE, Sanu isn't a true deep threat, and the best of them all, Kenny Britt was his own worst enemy.
All true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT