ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff is flat footed on rebounds, then fouls

Except Jay's been gone at least two seasons now, and Cliff was still a force last season. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face that it's more the guard play and lack of ball rotation.
100% in the guard play!! They can’t make an entry pass and when they do it’s 15ft from the basket.

With PM he was creating 2-1 options on high PnR which created easier baskets for cliff. We argued last year why PM didn’t take more shots in those scenarios when they played off him.
This year it’s wtf aren’t our guards looking for cliff or creating assists.

Our guards are BAD

Reactions: satnom and LOU-RU85
Cliff doesn't really look inspired or he's hurt or something. Where are all the quick dunks he's had the past few years?
I think reporters should ask why Cliff's offense has regressed this season.He averaged 14 points a game last year .His lack of scoring combined with the subpar performances from the guards leaves no margin for error.

I think reporters should ask why Cliff's offense has regressed this season.He averaged 14 points a game last year .His lack of scoring combined with the subpar performances from the guards leaves no margin for error.
Come they gave him a perfect pass today and he missed a dunk that’s not the guards he’s just flat out terrible

Reactions: RutgersChow and SBP
Except Jay's been gone at least two seasons now, and Cliff was still a force last season. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face that it's more the guard play and lack of ball rotation.
He underachieved relative to expectations last year and if his rebounding was more technically sound he could have been even better in that category. No boxing out and bad hands since at least last season

My son made the comment while watching the game today that he just doesn’t look like he wants to be out there. Offensive game just never developed. Yeah we used to get him more lob dunks but he ability to establish good post position and do something with has been an issue his entire career. Now he seems to have regressed on the other end as well.

My son made the comment while watching the game today that he just doesn’t look like he wants to be out there. Offensive game just never developed. Yeah we used to get him more lob dunks but he ability to establish good post position and do something with has been an issue his entire career. Now he seems to have regressed on the other end as well.
This could be it as well. It’s not easy being a D1 athlete, especially as a center in the Big Ten

Rebounding is 100 percent effort, as Austin Williams has shown.
Offensively, he throws literal bricks with no touch at all.

Cliff doesn't really look inspired or he's hurt or something. Where are all the quick dunks he's had the past few years?
I have been asking the same question for a while …the lack of explosion from a guy who used to dunk coming down at 11 1-2 feet is remarkable …and it coincides with his nunbers dropping last year into this

Cliff loves the big highlight dunks. He wants to show off his athleticism. And as we know for years we’d get him that early alley oop to get him in the game. Think of him like a star WR. Need to get him involved early to be engaged. Our current group of guards can’t do it, and so Cliff does seem disinterested or disengaged in a lot of these games.

Reactions: Scangg and SBP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT