ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Omoruyi Planning Visits

giphy.gif

One could look at that tweet and see this as a positive that Cliff looking at more local teams means he is seriously considering staying close to home

Any mention of Kentucky, Memphis, UConn historically in basketball recruiting, typically means a bidding war. There are standard recruiting methods and then these schools or staffs past and present means "open for business".

One could look at that tweet and see this as a positive that Cliff looking at more local teams means he is seriously considering staying close to home
Or that he is taking unofficials to schools while not much is going on just to get them out of the way. Only to take officials to schools he is really interested in during a weekend when there is a lot of activity on campus.

Reactions: sport2231
Or that he is taking unofficials to schools while not much is going on just to get them out of the way. Only to take officials to schools he is really interested in during a weekend when there is a lot of activity on campus.

But will we get an official??

Any mention of Kentucky, Memphis, UConn historically in basketball recruiting, typically means a bidding war. There are standard recruiting methods and then these schools or staffs past and present means "open for business".
Yeaaa starting to seem like it's this route

Can’t get mad at the kid for doing his due diligence and enjoying the process. Maybe a school surprises him. I know everyone assumes money is being thrown around, but I hoping the FBI scared a lot or that away

Get the sense we won’t really know where everyone stands until he announces officials

Reactions: gregkoko
Would love 3 top kids to visit together. All In different positions of need. Fab 5 approach.

The waiting and visit travels sounds like the process could last until the spring.There are local visits to satisfy good will with Roselle Catholic coaches and other out of state visits that make you wonder what is happening.I still think Kentucky is his first choice if Calipari says yes.

I hope we are joking about these money offers, but not shocked if true..

If money offers are known and out there, you would think they would get nailed by the NCAA, and at minimum, the player would not play there.

I hope we are joking about these money offers, but not shocked if true..

If money offers are known and out there, you would think they would get nailed by the NCAA, and at minimum, the player would not play there.
NCAA doesn't care about cheating. At least not at the top revenue producing programs.

They know better than to bite the hands that feed them.

NCAA is literally equivalent to criminals self-policing.

NCAA doesn't care about cheating. At least not at the top revenue producing programs.

They know better than to bite the hands that feed them.

NCAA is literally equivalent to criminals self-policing.
---
I would think that if it is public, and/or common
knowledge that a recruit received a payment for going to a school, the program would have to be punished..... I always thought that the schools we accuse this practice of got away with it because it was never verified, or just rumor

call me naive

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT