ADVERTISEMENT

College football was born here...

CollegeAve

All Conference
Apr 10, 2009
... and now it has died here.

Had my empty water bottle confiscated along with 2 bananas. To the guy who had his green apple snagged at the opener, I feel your pain. Can’t bring an empty bottle in due to “no outside drinks.” My wife’s wallet was measured too. He asked me to open my “bags” to see inside (seat cushions).

Btw, we are actually dumb enough to comply with the clear bag policy and attempt to follow the rules. Next time I guess we’ll just cram all this stuff down our pants like everyone else.

Considering how terrible this team is and how poorly the school treats it’s own fans, how in the world will we ever be successful? The athletic department should be thanking the “35,000” (more like 15,000 of which only a portion actually paid for tickets) of us that actually showed up today at the gate instead of hastling us. Rutgers is a disgrace on and off the field.

They have killed tailgating with their overbearing police presence.
The football games haven’t been competitive in years.
Hell, they’ve killed the alma mater too.

Season tickets will dip under 20k next year and we will have the same bs about them “enhancing the fan experience.”

I guess I should cut them a break. They’ve only had 149 years to figure this out.

Had my empty water bottle confiscated along with 2 bananas. To the guy who had his green apple snagged at the opener, I feel your pain. Can’t bring an empty bottle in due to “no outside drinks.” My wife’s wallet was measured too. He asked me to open my “bags” to see inside (seat cushions).

Btw, we are actually dumb enough to comply with the clear bag policy and attempt to follow the rules. Next time I guess we’ll just cram all this stuff down our pants like everyone else.

Considering how terrible this team is and how poorly the school treats it’s own fans, how in the world will we ever be successful? The athletic department should be thanking the “35,000” (more like 15,000 of which only a portion actually paid for tickets) of us that actually showed up today at the gate instead of hastling us. Rutgers is a disgrace on and off the field.

Season tickets will dip under 20k next year and we will have the same bs about them “enhancing the fan experience.”

I guess I should cut them a break. They’ve only had 149 years to figure this out.

Exactly!!!

You have to be a fool to pay to be abused.

Who is the customer here??!!!

Reactions: rimsky

They'll next be asking us to empty our pockets.Maybe we should pick one game,meet in one of the lots and burn our tickets.

They'll next be asking us to empty our pockets.Maybe we should pick one game,meet in one of the lots and burn our tickets.

My adult son and I were asked to empty our pockets at the Texas State game. Except for wallets, keys and phones, we had nothing. I didn't have to do it today though.

Didn’t have to empty my pockets at entry, but the usher at the top of my section scanned my ticket like a hawk, which has NEVER happened there outside of PSU/UM ‘14. Fortunately, my dad and I were then able to sit amongst the ocean of bleachers. Glad I didn’t take anyone’s seats!

Believe it or not 10 years ago the atmosphere, energy and fan support was awesome. Will we ever get back to that?

When I was in school we would arrive hours before the game to tailgate and make it into the stadium for the opening kickoff to a close to packed house. The students now have house parties across the river on college ave during the game.

Everything about Rutgers Football has regressed to 1990s levels and even worse. At least then the students would tailgate.

I used to live and die for Rutgers football. I was a season ticket holder when I lived in NJ and kept them for a few years when I moved up to MA in 1994. After that, I would always make it down for 2, sometimes 3 home games a year. When I couldn't I would listen to the games on WOR radio in the car in my driveway (before this board and online availability), because that was the only place I could get reception. My wife thought I was nuts.

I haven't been to a home game in 3 years now. I was doing yard work today and went in to check the score about midway through the second quarter, and promptly went back out to continue. I knew it was over and there was no hope.

I can't believe we have become this bad.

Last edited:
it's considered a soft target by law enforcement so they check your wallet, confiscate your water bottles and every other damn thing. Truth of the matter the only thing killing us is the coaching and play on the field.

people have to stop going to show the school we're tired of this. Need to put forth a real effort to win which includes competent coaching! Don't go, when they see the empty stadium week in an week out, maybe then they'll realize they need to take us seriously.

I walked up with my 10X50 binoculars in its case. Security said the bag was too big. I said it is the binocular case and I always bring it in. He said it would need to be in a plastic bag. I said how about I take out the binoculars and fold up the bag in my pocket and he said no good. I walked around the corner with my friend and he put the folded up bag in his pocket and then we walked back to a different security person and right on in.

Was at another college game last week and walked right in with no B.S. Security checks. What a joke this has turned into.

people have to stop going to show the school we're tired of this. Need to put forth a real effort to win which includes competent coaching! Don't go, when they see the empty stadium week in an week out, maybe then they'll realize they need to take us seriously.

I'm not sure they will. Barchi doesn't give a shit about FB. Hell he might see reduced attendance as a reason to reduce not increase support.

Never scene so many cops in my life - you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a cop. No wonder can't find a good coach - all the money is going to cop OT. Would love to see what they are paying for security for 20K people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT