ADVERTISEMENT

College GameDay in Times Square

hopefully RU will be sending something to rep there,cheerleaders,ect..since we claim to be NY media team.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Its has turned into a total hack show. Like everything else, over exposed, over hyped, and now under delivered. Throw in the celebrities giving their "analysis" while pumping something they are selling.

Its all about selling the next "thing." All sports have lost story, the analysis, the beak down.

I am not being a 39yr old get of my lawn guy, here. From the outlandish players on media, to the stations giving you all the nonsense and no substance, 8pm marque game start times for a 4yr game, and NOW commercials during game play on half the screen, what are we watching for 4hours?

I'll see you at the Bentley game Friday night in the end zone with a beer in my hand. Get there quick, its over in 2.5hrs.

Here's a sign idea for anyone going

2zstx1f.jpg

UCLA Stanford makes most sense but would imagine Herbstreit is doing PSU IOWA game at 730

Honestly I still love this show. I'm not a huge fan of going to NYC however as that just seems like a publicity stunt.

Reactions: Rokodesh
@Plum Street
They have always gone to college campuses, or the places where big college games were being held. That was the charm of it to get the fans part of the pregame show. Being in NYC in the middle of people who could care less about college football seems like a reach that won't work out well.

Corso is going to buy himself a genuine Rollexx watch from a guy w a suitcase and bad hat, while Herbsteit plays 3 card monte and loses his roll.

@Plum Street
They have always gone to college campuses, or the places where big college games were being held. That was the charm of it to get the fans part of the pregame show. Being in NYC in the middle of people who could care less about college football seems like a reach that won't work out well.

Not true. They always didn't go to game sites . It started as a studio show

Honestly I still love this show. I'm not a huge fan of going to NYC however as that just seems like a publicity stunt.
I agree with many that its not as good as it used to be but I still love the show as well. They do a great job setting up all the big games, for the last two years have been killing the SEC and praising the Big Ten.
No one does a better job yet either.
Then only ESPN show I watch (besides live games), still the best at what they do. Still entertaining.

For me, too, this is the only ESPN show I regularly watch. Of course, in the Pacific time zone, that's usually only a few minutes anyway.

Going to NYC is silly. Claiming NYC is college football territory is silly. Then again, getting up at 6 a.m. to be one of a few hundred people behind a set promoting an evening Pac-12 game is pretty silly, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT