ADVERTISEMENT

Colucci Done for Season

This blows big time. He was one I was hoping could break through and get a bid to NCAA's. B1G's in our own place is going to be fun from a wrestling perspective but from a Rutgers perspective, I think we'll be sending 5 or less to NCAA's and a 10th or 11th place finish in our own house.

Horrible news.....Hope it is something that heals and will not hurt him the rest of his life. If it heals, Medical Redshirt?

Reactions: dollarbill
This blows big time. He was one I was hoping could break through and get a bid to NCAA's. B1G's in our own place is going to be fun from a wrestling perspective but from a Rutgers perspective, I think we'll be sending 5 or less to NCAA's and a 10th or 11th place finish in our own house.
I think Collucci would have made it to NCAA's and won maybe one or two matches.Heck of a great kid.Always smiling and seems pretty funny.I wish him the best.Question...Because he was hurt so early in the season,couldn't he petition to get a medical redshirt?

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I think Collucci would have made it to NCAA's and won maybe one or two matches.Heck of a great kid.Always smiling and seems pretty funny.I wish him the best.Question...Because he was hurt so early in the season,couldn't he petition to get a medical redshirt?

Hopefully he can get that medical redshirt.A 6th year might just help depending the injury.

What are the rules in qualifying for a medical redshirt?

He didn't mention that his career is finished so I guess it's a possibility but knows what the rehab time is like and if he wants to spend a 6th year in college.

Reactions: bigmatt718
If he gets the medical, he would bridge the gap to Kyonte.
Might need an additional year from somebody since most upperweights immediately red shirt.

I think Correnti is going to be our heavyweight regardless and then we’ll use Esposito at heavyweight during Kyonte’s redshirt year.

Reactions: bigmatt718
What happened to Zach DelVecchio? Thought he will be our next heavyweight.

What happened to the younger Collucci?
I thought he committed at one time.

He took a year off. Not enrolled at any school but I think is still supposed to come to Rutgers next year. Not sure if plans have changed.

What happened to Zach DelVecchio? Thought he will be our next heavyweight.

Got a last minute offer to play football somewhere. Shame, but if he’s more passionate about football than good for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT