ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Sanders - Participates in PRO Day Workout

Your last paragraph is something we can agree on, that Corey making the NBA would be great for him and his family especially his young daughter.
Your commentary on Corey was perceived by me as less than complimentary. You loved pointing out how many high schools he went to and he was all about himself and you would be surprised if he can Elevate his team. He had no real role models in his life other than his grandmother and needed guidance . At Rutgers , first Eddie with help from Shoes, then more impactfully Coach P over these last 2 years have watched him grow up and lead our team. His three point shooting never materialized while here but that video showed some improvement , highlight video or not. Knocking down shots is knocking down shots . Quincy Douby was a real good player here over 10 years ago. A great shooter but likely was getting drafted late 2nd round. He went to NBA tryouts with Portland and Seattle and shot over 75% from three in workouts. He went 19th in the first round primarily because of those workouts. I was only hoping that video would help Corey get drafted which the consensus opinion is that he will not be drafted. I took your comment as unnecessary to a player that gave us 3 great years. No hard feelings just standing up for our Rutgers man.
A highlight video is not going to improve anyone’s draft position.

A highlight video is not going to improve anyone’s draft position.
That was 7.5 minutes of video and a number of clips in direct sequence so you saw him hitting 5-5 or 4-5 from three without interruption. One of Corey’s weaknesses was his three point shooting. If he improved that aspect of his game, then I believe it will increase his chance to get drafted but it is still unlikely. But it helps. That is the point. Your general statement might be true but you miss the point

Reactions: AD888
That was 7.5 minutes of video and a number of clips in direct sequence so you saw him hitting 5-5 or 4-5 from three without interruption. One of Corey’s weaknesses was his three point shooting. If he improved that aspect of his game, then I believe it will increase his chance to get drafted but it is still unlikely. But it helps. That is the point. Your general statement might be true but you miss the point
What point am I missing; that he is going to rocket up the draft chart based on a short video? I hope he does get drafted or, if not, gets signed as a free agent.

What point am I missing; that he is going to rocket up the draft chart based on a short video? I hope he does get drafted or, if not, gets signed as a free agent.

It's not the highlight video that matters...it's the GM's and Coaches that watched the entire live workout. Pat Riley and his coach Eric Spoelstra flew from Miami to LA to watch Sanders.

Last edited:
It's not the highlight video that matters...it's the GM's and Coaches that watched the entire live workout. Pat Riley and his coach Eric Spoelstra flew from Miami to LA to watch Sanders.
That’s exactly my point. No GM is going to base their evaluation on a highlight video.

Kindly blow yourself so your mouth has something to do other than talk out of your ass.

Then try to realize that if you stopped posting here, nobody would care, and if russ stopped posting here this rutgers basketball forum would instantly be as close to worthless as possible. I dont come here to listen to the old white haired men who think they know basketball. I come here for the few insider posts that are provided..majority of which come from russ who is impartial and well informed.

Ass Catch Him, remind me again what you add to this board? I say it like it is. Sometimes the truth hurts.

ADVERTISEMENT