ADVERTISEMENT

Could not overcome the loss of WR-Strong and OG-Felter

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Strong is obviously dinged and did not play as much as he wasn’t 100%, and saw very few targets. Felter was a huge loss as he was our 2nd best lineman, and our OL as a whole struggled in pass protection, yielding 4 sacks.

Defense played very well. When your defense gives up 14 points, defense isn’t the issue.

As for our offensive void, Black and Duff stepped into the void, and were our Top 2 leading receivers. Too bad Black dropped that Touchdown pass but redeemed himself by making our lone Touchdown catch.

His drop nevertheless symbolized our day. We had our opportunities, just could not capitalize.

Athan had an off day and was well below 50% as we could not give him adequate time to make his throws. His throw which Black dropped was right on the money.

The only disappointment I have is Monagai only had 19 carries, as we got away from the run in the 2nd half. I thought I heard he had 65 yards at halftime.

I expected we were going to run the ball in the 2nd half. He needs to get at least 25-30 carries. If you’re going to lose, lose with your best.

Beat Wisconsin and no one will care that we lost to Nebraska. Let’s Get it!

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT