ADVERTISEMENT

Could not overcome the loss of WR-Strong and OG-Felter

It’s the job of the OC to exploit opportunities and matchups. That’s hard to do with 5 plays in the playbook. Because Schiano. Nebraska pressured AK all game. How many screens did we throw to slow down the pass rush ?

It’s the job of the OC to exploit opportunities and matchups. That’s hard to do with 5 plays in the playbook. Because Schiano. Nebraska pressured AK all game. How many screens did we throw to slow down the pass rush ?
I often wonder about the play calling..I don't think I've ever seen monangai catch a screen pass. I assumed Rutgers doesn't have linemen agile enough for RB screens..

I often wonder about the play calling..I don't think I've ever seen monangai catch a screen pass. I assumed Rutgers doesn't have linemen agile enough for RB screens..

OC KC doesn't pass to the RB.
Perhaps it's viewed as "too risky" since their are DL around? Don't know.

2024 (5 games) - 6 RB receptions
KM: 5
Brown: 1

2023 (13 games) - 17 RB receptions
KM: 8
Benjamin: 4
Young: 3
Brown: 2

Gleeson last full year
2021 (13 games): 40 RB receptions
Pacheco: 13
Young: 12
KM: 10
Wright-Collins: 5
This doesn't even include Langan's 18 receptions.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Almost the entire OL struggled and our resident Don Quixote keeps talking about Felter like that was the only issue.

There’s no comparison between Felter, who has spent 5 years in the weight room, film room, refining his technique, and a kid who was getting his first meaningful shot in year 3, and had such a tough matchup. Felter would have made a huge difference.

But The big problem here was we had two guys getting beat. A Guard and a tackle, and this significantly limited the effectiveness of our offense.
And our QB was in a leg brace!

Reactions: rutgersal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT