ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd THUR

darkcheck

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2022
I’m a little concerned. You’d think the rac will be rocking Thu, but tickets are awfully cheap on seat geek. Early start on a weekday?

Reactions: Poor Attendance
I see 99 listings on StubHub, cheapest $10 in the 300 corners. What's that, about 300 tickets total? That's pretty normal I think.

Reactions: darkcheck
Always an excuse - too early, too late, too rainy, midterms, too cold. 36,000 undergrads + hundred thousand alums not far away. Should be more than enough people to fill 8,000 seats.
Your comments are spot on.There are also casual sports fans living close to the RAC that might be interested in seeing a college basketball game.There also are more than 9 million people living in NJ.The excuses never end and its used as a rationale for not expanding the RAC seating to at least 10,000.

1) it'll be packed (or damn close to it)

2) it'll be rockin'

...but some here will complain because it's "only 50% full 10-minute prior to opening tip." It's NJ, there's traffic, it's a 6:30 tip. Shit happens.
It’s an issue. I am actually amazed we draw as well as we do given the hoops we have to jump through to get to the RAC. Been to many away football and hoops games. RU up there on the difficultly list. Digs against fans uncalled for.

I didn't look at SeatGeek but there is very little on StubHub. I think the crowd will be fine.

One of the issues is that even if you're willing to sit in the nosebleeds. the cheap ticket is offset by the $30 parking. So unless you're crafty and find somewhere else to park, it's not a bargain.

Reactions: darkcheck
It’s an issue. I am actually amazed we draw as well as we do given the hoops we have to jump through to get to the RAC. Been to many away football and hoops games. RU up there on the difficultly list. Digs against fans uncalled for.
What's so hard about getting to the RAC? I get the 6:30 tip makes it tough for some people but I don't get the difficulty piece?

Not sure why BTN and FS1 have gone to a 6:30/8:30 combination the past few years instead of the 7:00/9:00 combination. I guess they may think the 9:00 start is too LATE, but they can just put the midwest time zone games on at 9:00 pm. (8:00 p.m. CST).

I didn't look at SeatGeek but there is very little on StubHub. I think the crowd will be fine.

One of the issues is that even if you're willing to sit in the nosebleeds. the cheap ticket is offset by the $30 parking. So unless you're crafty and find somewhere else to park, it's not a bargain.
Thread on NW board on buying tickets for game.

Good point, we should move more conference games to MSG

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg and fatsam98
What's so hard about getting to the RAC? I get the 6:30 tip makes it tough for some people but I don't get the difficulty piece?
Many campuses you walk to the game. Unless you’re on Livingston you’re on bus or driving.
Rutgers has more rush hour traffic that most schools.
Rutgers has more traffic than most schools period.

It’s more difficult than most schools. Trust me.

Going to be tight for me tomorrow. 35 minutes home from work to pick up my son, and then another 35 to the RAC.... assuming no traffic at all, which isn't likely at rush hour on a Thursday. And unfortunately the earliest I can leave work tomorrow is 5:00.

Not sure why BTN and FS1 have gone to a 6:30/8:30 combination the past few years instead of the 7:00/9:00 combination. I guess they may think the 9:00 start is too LATE, but they can just put the midwest time zone games on at 9:00 pm. (8:00 p.m. CST).
Or why Rutgers was late start and MIdwest schools the early start.

Hope they don’t do that for PAC12 schools?

Nutty.

Many campuses you walk to the game. Unless you’re on Livingston you’re on bus or driving.
Rutgers has more rush hour traffic that most schools.
Rutgers has more traffic than most schools period.

It’s more difficult than most schools. Trust me.
They should have built the monorail !

It wasn’t at all fine. 75% full at best. And I don’t blame the students. If you don’t live on Livingston it’s a lot of time spent getting the tickets and then getting to the game.
I don't count the section by hand, but the atmosphere in the building was fine, ear-splitting at times particularly after Noah capped off that 5-0 run when Wisconsin had cut it to 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT