ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Hurley - Rhode Island

At this stage isn’t UCONN a blue blood?

I followed the Big East from its inception and remember when Connecticut was the bottom of the league.

The basketball program has achieved about as much as a school can from where they were.

Amazing 3 coaches have won championships
Bbball wise they sure seem to be.

At this stage isn’t UCONN a blue blood?

I followed the Big East from its inception and remember when Connecticut was the bottom of the league.

The basketball program has achieved about as much as a school can from where they were.

Amazing 3 coaches have won championships
The best college hoops program the past 35 years.

Five titles... looking for six.

Reactions: bac2therac
So?
I never understand this argument against hiring a coach.

Worst case scenario: Hurley has us in the NCAA by year 3 and bolts?
Ok. So now we are hiring a coach as a winning/tournament team and not the wasteland it was after Eddie Jordan.
A job with evidence that's it not throwing away your career as many thought it was.

That's a terrible thing?

That wasn’t my point.

I would have been happy if we had brought Hurley in to replace Jordan. But the reality of the situation was that we offered him a very nice extended deal and he didn’t take us up on it.

My point was more for some of the folks who look at UConn’s success and think we made a major mistake not landing Hurley. I don’t agree with that take because Pikiell was able to completely turn the program around, build a foundation and lead us to the NCAA.

Hurley may have led us to the NCAA but imo he would have bolted at the next biggest offer once he did that, so I don’t think we made some huge mistake not making it work. He also probably wasn’t that genuinely interested unless we upped the offer/deal even more.

I don't care what he deserves, the comment was not a single St. Anthony player came before the school closed. That's what's wring w the world now, people say anything and even if it's wrong some fool is just like "yeah, but".
And while Hurley Sr. may have had some influence, it was ultimately the players’ decisions about where they wanted to go.

Reactions: Fat Koko
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT