ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Manning

biazza38

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Danny Manning out at Wake.
Would love for Massoud to come in as a sit out transfer

Would be great but who knows if he wants to transfer and who knows if anyone will sitout this season...

This seems late but I guess if there was a year when you can get away with that and have less repercussions this would be the year. The tournament would have wrapped up three weeks ago Monday?

Don’t believe we have any openings at this time to take a transfer, is that correct?

Don’t believe we have any openings at this time to take a transfer, is that correct?
We do have an opening. Oh I would take this guy. He should never have gone there in the first place

I've been surprised at how long it's been since Wake had a really good team, the kind they had in the early 2000s.

Could someone please remind us who "Massoud" might be, where he's from, which year, and whether or not we recruited him?

Thanks.

Would not be surprised if Manning was fired because their admin believe Beilein will come to Wake.

When guys transfer it's almost never to their second choice coming out of high school

I really wanted massoud out of high school ...and while I trust Pike’s judgment, the reality is we recruited two forwards ...Palmquist and Mag, that might not be here if massoud came to RU...

Not sure this would be room at the inn at this point. ...especially since we are in the thick for both Gak and Patterson in the class of 2021

Even if he transfers ....

On the other hand, he absolutely would be the perfect replacement for yeboah.

this would be one to defer to pike ...and to see how much he would fit in our culture a year away.

Last edited:
He's only a take if the waiver come throught about not sitting out a year. We need to pair someone in Mulcahy's class. If someone decides to transfer, Massoud fits the bill(So.) and we did recruit him out of HS. We have 5 Jr., 4 incoming Fr., 3 Sr., and 1 So. for 2020-21.

Where is Wake going to get the money for Beilin while paying Manning $15 million in walking money?
Wake would not have fired Manning if they don’t have the money to hire a replacement. I don’t know if Beilein is their guy but if so, would be a home run hire.

Wake would not have fired Manning if they don’t have the money to hire a replacement. I don’t know if Beilein is their guy but if so, would be a home run hire.
The timing was odd consider most schools are cutting salaries due to losing revenue over the shutdown. Beilein is going to command a lot of money to fix the problem down in NC. I just don't see it as Wake pulled the trigger doing the perfect storm (Covid-19, Manning $15 million buyout, and Beilein's $3 or $4 million a year deal). That's why I'm not buying the Beilein thing just yet.

The timing was odd consider most schools are cutting salaries due to losing revenue over the shutdown. Beilein is going to command a lot of money to fix the problem down in NC. I just don't see it as Wake pulled the trigger doing the perfect storm (Covid-19, Manning $15 million buyout, and Beilein's $3 or $4 million a year deal). That's why I'm not buying the Beilein thing just yet.
Just was reading Wake top candidates are from smaller schools such as ETSU, UNC Greensboro etc. Beilein name mentioned but unlikely. Wonder if Pitino would have been considered if he had not signed with Iona?

Just was reading Wake top candidates are from smaller schools such as ETSU, UNC Greensboro etc. Beilein name mentioned but unlikely. Wonder if Pitino would have been considered if he had not signed with Iona?
Pitino would have taken the job had it been available before the Iona job. Wake would have paid him more and the exposure would be what Pitino wants and needs.

At the moment we already have 13 guys on scholarship. Harper, Reiber, Mag, Johnson, Omoruyi, Doucoure, McConnell, Palmquist, Baker, Mulcahy, Mathis, Young and Kiss. Someone would have to leave to open a spot and although things have been speculated no one has entered the transfer portal at this point.

Reactions: TRU2RU and MadRU
At the moment we already have 13 guys on scholarship. Harper, Reiber, Mag, Johnson, Omoruyi, Doucoure, McConnell, Palmquist, Baker, Mulcahy, Mathis, Young and Kiss. Someone would have to leave to open a spot and although things have been speculated no one has entered the transfer portal at this point.

Everyone is assuming Kiss is transferring out. I guess if it happens we’d hear about that after the semester is done?

If he still has the desire the coach and take on a rebuild, they should empty the bank for Beilein.

Jaylon Gibson, who Rutgers had offered, is requesting a release from his NLI with Wake Forest.

Pitino would have taken the job had it been available before the Iona job. Wake would have paid him more and the exposure would be what Pitino wants and needs.

Probably. But Iona is a pretty good spot for him . He loves New York and will be in the tournament every year . He can very easily be a perennial second round team that may reach the sweet 16 or beyond one of those years. Win at Iona and he will get enough exposure.

Where is Wake going to get the money for Beilin while paying Manning $15 million in walking money?
Wake Forest has an endowment fund almost equal to Rutgers (system-wide) for a "small private school"(Rutgers $1.476 Billion vs WF $1.375). BTW for comparison Michigan is over $30 Billion.

Wake Forest has an endowment fund almost equal to Rutgers (system-wide) for a "small private school"(Rutgers $1.476 vs WF $1.375)
You don't use the endowment to pay for the salaries of coaches. One has little to do with the other.

Wow. Just saw this article saying that Manning's buyout is $15 million and the firing just days after their football coach's salary was cut due to the pandemic crisis. Surprising for a small private school to take on this additional financial burden at such a strange time. IIRC, Wake is the smallest university in the FBS.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...n-buyout-days-after-dave-clason-took-pay-cut/
Wake Forest isn't paying the full buyout. Boosters will be picking up most of the tab.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Interesting. Beilein to Wake is a great fit. Actually Beilein to anywhere is a great fit.
Hmmmm I disagree.

First, John Beilein is 67 years old. Typically not the age for a complete rebuild of a program, especially in the ACC.

Second, John Beilein at a small private school? He's 18 years removed from that kind of job. Oh, and Wake Forest won't take JuCos.

Third, there is the "like a bunch of thugs," thing. Virtually every college coach will use that to negatively recruit against Beilein.

Other than that, Beilein checks a lot of boxes if he wants to return to college basketball coaching.

I just feel like Wes Miller will get the job but he's not the guy I'd target.

I've been surprised at how long it's been since Wake had a really good team, the kind they had in the early 2000s.

Could someone please remind us who "Massoud" might be, where he's from, which year, and whether or not we recruited him?

Thanks.

as far as recruiting, I believe we were the leader pretty late in the game, Wake offered and he quickly verballed to them.. He was highly coveted by our fans here, and a tough loss.

as far as recruiting, I believe we were the leader pretty late in the game, Wake offered and he quickly verballed to them.. He was highly coveted by our fans here, and a tough loss.
That was before. This is now.

Reactions: wheezer
That was before. This is now.
Exactly.

No need to covet a power forward from NY who made 33-of-83 (39.8 percent) three-pointers. That is just silly talk because Rutgers returns quite a few players, particularly power forwards, who shoot that well from the perimeter...oh...wait.

Exactly.

No need to covet a power forward from NY who made 33-of-83 (39.8 percent) three-pointers. That is just silly talk because Rutgers returns quite a few players, particularly power forwards, who shoot that well from the perimeter...oh...wait.
There are other good prospects we can get now that we've landed Cliff. Before this kid was our only option. Now we are a more coveted program. Maybe we go after him. Maybe we won't. I won't lose sleep over it

Is there room for him, will we force someone out, or is the staff comfortable with the team as it is? If so, there is no room at the inn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT