ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Reiber for Heisman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s making a believer out of me. I had written him off after about 2 games last year. He’s starting to come on and what a boost that would be this year and more importantly, beyond.

He looked very smooth with his movements and comfortable out there again today. If he can shoot from outside like he did today then he will be a significant offensive performer for us.

His improved game seems to have come out of nowhere. He can really help this team win.

Reactions: RW90 and Danprusa_4
Earlier in the season he would get overwhelmed/ dominated by teams with quicker/ stronger / bigger bigs

didn’t happen today

MSU had lots of very big and quick bigs. Not once was Dean dominated or blown by. And he was confident on offense!

He had that one bad pass when he got caught down low - next year he gathers himself and goes up with it

Dean’s on the brink of being our 3 at this rate.

Also wrote him off earlier this year. Good reminder that it can take bigs (what feels like) a loooong time to get up to speed. Love his game now.
Looked pretty smooth with that 3 from the corner to put us up 58-45.

I'm just very happy
He looked very smooth with his movements and comfortable out there again today. If he can shoot from outside like he did today then he will be a significant offensive performer for us.

His improved game seems to have come out of nowhere. He can really help this team win.
It’s called development, which was difficult last year with Covid and a very short OOC schedule.

You can tell Dean has really worked hard on his game over the last 1.5 years, with his moves being so quick and decisive.

Confidence is the biggest thing with Dean. He is drowning in confidence which is great. You see the confidence in his face and his game. So rewarding and refreshing to see! His athleticism is also off the charts!

Confidence is the biggest thing with Dean. He is drowning in confidence which is great. You see the confidence in his face and his game. So rewarding and refreshing to see! His athleticism is also off the charts!

it’s funny. He still looks awkward in his movements. But he is quick - gets blocks . Has good hands. Nice touch on passes and shots.

he reminds of that guy in the gym who runs kinda funny and is kinda awkward but once the game starts he’s kicking everyone’s ass

That’s a great name …I Love It !!!!!! Rutgers Scarlet knights present : Dean Reiber “The Grim Reiber.”

No better time to start then against the much favored Ohio State U MBB team this Wednesday evening at the RAC …a JERSEY MIKE’s Special .

We can only hope so.It would make a great story about a gangly , floppy haired white kid who along with much a maligned New Jersey kid lead their team to a NCAA ( unexpected ) birth.Hey we can dream of the possibility even though slim to none.

Reiber can be offered as proof that Pike can spot potential talent and develop it. But the guys who "much maligned" Mulcahy ? Haven't heard much from them lately.

ok my turn.... I was Wrong; said he would not contribute this year; I was wrong. Said they look like 4 on 5 when he's playing; I was wrong; Said he needs to stay in weight room (very possible he is). Hope he continues to make me very wrong. P.S. please continue to work with Jaden, and get him in the rotation, cause he really does look like he can shoot the ball.

I think one of the factors that made most people not see the clear talent and potential of Dean and Caleb as well was the fact that they both started their careers playing quite timid and unsure of themselves.

You need to look for traits and understanding of the game not results for freshman early on.

Eugene was another example... can't dribble etc bla bla when he was absolutely oozing with potential. It was obvious unless you were looking only at results. He would have a near great play and lose it but it was close. The skill was there

Reactions: carmenst
Young was another example of results based player evaluation in a small sample size. You had to be absolutely blind to not see Young's talent, but the posts on the board were pretty wild when he started poorly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT