ADVERTISEMENT

Did Fran Brown Learn Anything From Schiano? 🤷‍♂️

How does Fran brown get an excellent quatrerback in his first year as head coach, but we keep screwing up the most important position in football. This really irked me when he landed McCord, I love our coach but WTF?
Not sure how you don't know.... $$$$$

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not sure how you don't know.... $$$$$
Fine, if we dont have the money to buy a blue chip quaterback ( but NIL powerhouse sewercuse does?), if we are developmental program, why cant we develop the most important position on the field. Can you imagine having a quterback like Kyle would do for our program, instead we just pray our quaterbacks are mediocre and dont lose games. Sorry, Sewercuse landing McCord and Wimsatt another QB failure has really gotten under my skin.

Last edited:
The voters ranked them and they beat them. Iowa was ranked too and lost. Was that not real either?
Football 101: poll are meaningless in judging teams. One, there is a lot of bias in them. Two, those who vote are either clueless or don't have time to watch most of the teams they are voting into the top 25. It's all about the name on the front of the jersey or hyped team of the day. A more accurate poll would be something half way into the season.

Now, don't act like you didn't know this. Don't be a that guy who looking to be the wise guy on this topic

We haven’t been able to do it
Let's have a look, skipping the disASHter years and the covid year, which was a wash.

2021:
#19 Michigan- L (ended season ranked #3, 12-2/8-1 and in CFP championship)
#11 Ohio State L (ended season #6, 11-2/8-1)
#11 Michigan State L (ended season #9 11-2/7-2)
#21 Wisconsin L (Ended season 9-4/6-3)
#14 Wake Forest Lost in a bowl game that we were a last minute add

2022:
#5 Michigan L (ended season #3, 13-1/9-0 and in CFP championship)
#3 Ohio State L (ended Season #4 11-2/8-1)
#11 Penn State L (ended season #7 11-2/7-2)

2023:
#2 Michigan L (ended season #1, 15-0/9-0, CFP champion)
#1 Ohio State L (ended season #10, 11-2/8-1)
#22 Iowa L (ended season #24 (11-4/7-2)
#12 Penn State (ended Season #13, 10-3/7-2)

Tell me you are serious about comparing the losses to ranked teams in the last 2 years to beating Ga Tech, being ranked after beating a putrid FSU. Let's check back and see where Ga Tech is ranked at the end of the season, OK?

Reactions: Kbee3
Fine, if we dont have the money to buy a blue chip quaterback ( but NIL powerhouse sewercuse does?), if we are developmental program, why cant we develop the most important position on the field. Can you imagine having a quterback like Kyle would do for our program, instead we just pray our quaterbacks are mediocre and dont lose games. Sorry, Sewercuse landing McCord and Wimsatt another QB failure has really gotten under my skin.

But the previous poster answered your question. Apparently, McCords (daddy) had some ridiculously high demands for NIL.
You put the purported failure on whom? Greg and Kirk? Maybe they gave it a hard try and decided to cut their losses.

And Jim Harbaugh was at Michigan State for 9 years and he produced one marquis QB. You want Rutgers to beat that?

And, are you watching this season? It's early, but AK is light years better than any QB we have had since Laviano and Nova.

Reactions: Kbee3
McCord demanded $1 million from Wisconsin & Wisconsin passed, next thing you hear is that McCord is transferring to Sadexcuse. Maybe Fran signed over part of his paycheck to get a QB

Reactions: Knight Shift
McCord demanded $1 million from Wisconsin & Wisconsin passed, next thing you hear is that McCord is transferring to Sadexcuse. Maybe Fran signed over part of his paycheck to get a QB
That's not a bad bet and a good investment if it pays off. He can leverage that into a huge extension or his next gig.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT