ADVERTISEMENT

Did we just get a Wrestling commit?

Based on Pollard's Twitter, I think we just got a Wrestling Commit from NJ. Anyone know who?

May be nothing but prior to start of the match today the coaching staff was talking to a young man in a Delbarton warm up jacket next to the bench. Glory?

If it is Cleary, he is senior at BB, ranked #2 in NJ at 138, not ranked in Intermats top 20 at 138. We also have Blair Academy's Malcom Robinson ranked in Intermat top 20 at 138 who is a Junior committed to RU. Cleary is a teammate of 152 Bound Brook's Stephan Glasgow, ranked #1 in NJ, #5 in USA

Now I'm curious who the Delbarton wrestler was that was attending the match. Glory would a HR but gonna take a lot of work to land him.

Big time studs at Delbarton usually wind up at Ivy's. Snob factor. eg Mike Grey, Mark Grey, Frankie Perrelli at Cornell. Joseph Johnson, Austin Gobbo at Harvard

Cleary placed 7th last year & lost 8-3 to Paetzell. Solid depth pickup.

LOL @ "snob factor" as if going to Cornell or Harvard were otherwise beneath somebody for taking the opportunity to go to an Ivy. I mean, Cornell has a top 10 wrestling program as well, and Harvard is Harvard!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
One thing I learned about wrestling recruiting g is alot of kids follow the money. If one school is offer 3/4 ship and another is offering full ride. The full ride tends to win out at the end. One would think Glory is a Full ride candidate at Rutgers. Wonder if the Ivy's can match it with their scholarship limitations.

One thing I learned about wrestling recruiting g is alot of kids follow the money. If one school is offer 3/4 ship and another is offering full ride. The full ride tends to win out at the end. One would think Glory is a Full ride candidate at Rutgers. Wonder if the Ivy's can match it with their scholarship limitations.
dont know about Ivy's but Stanford can give him a Boatload of $$(or UNC or Lehigh etc)

Programs with sustained success find creative ways to provide non-athletic scholarship money in one form or another. Ivy's have deep pockets. Hopkins, too. Close-by examples -- Lehigh and Penn State wrestling. Baseball programs in the South are other good examples. Rutgers does not have deep pockets and numerous generous alumni to provide financial answers (and, ahem, career upgrades to people associated with top-flight talent).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT