ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have a clear cut #2 QB

Ajani was the best QB in the spring game, as limited as that game is, so he better be #2. Love his skill set: he appears to make good reads and throws pretty accurately and can run well. As much as we need reps for AK in the first 2 games, we also need to get some reps for Ajani in garbage time (a given for Howard and probably for Akron).

Ajani was the best QB in the spring game, as limited as that game is, so he better be #2. Love his skill set: he appears to make good reads and throws pretty accurately and can run well. As much as we need reps for AK in the first 2 games, we also need to get some reps for Ajani in garbage time (a given for Howard and probably for Akron).

The problem (for every team) is the "garbage time reps" are usually just hand offs.
Minimal pass attempts.

While not totally useless, not going to help much is reading live defenses and making throws.

Developing a backup QB is always tricky.
It would be interesting if a HC ever considered just starting their #2 against an Akron or Howard. To get them meaningful reps.

Obviously having an experienced and returning #1 would help with that.
Luxury we don't have.

Ajani describes his style as "gritty" and not flashy "I just want to win." He was QB for Bosco win

"He completed 66.3% of his passes for 4,772 yards, 43 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He rushed for another 2,415 yards and 30 touchdowns while averaging 8.4 yards per carry. In his 24 starts alone, he was responsible for 7,122 total yards and 70 touchdowns.

As a junior, Sheppard also became the first quarterback in New York state history to have a 2,000-yard passing/1,000-yard rushing season, then did it again as a senior....

"Listening to coach Schiano, his vision seemed truthful and it was something me and my dad (Ray) could get behind," Sheppard said."

I’d rather have ajani than AK to be honest
I don’t know how that can be said at this point. AK has approx 20 B1G starts and has had success leading his team to victory. Ajani hasn’t thrown a pass in a B1G game. Maybe in the long run, Ajani may be as good or better but not at this point. You can’t point any stock in the Spring game or what they do against a Wagner or Howard, it’s not indicative of what will be faced in a B1G game.

Ajani describes his style as "gritty" and not flashy "I just want to win." He was QB for Bosco win

"He completed 66.3% of his passes for 4,772 yards, 43 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He rushed for another 2,415 yards and 30 touchdowns while averaging 8.4 yards per carry. In his 24 starts alone, he was responsible for 7,122 total yards and 70 touchdowns.

As a junior, Sheppard also became the first quarterback in New York state history to have a 2,000-yard passing/1,000-yard rushing season, then did it again as a senior....

"Listening to coach Schiano, his vision seemed truthful and it was something me and my dad (Ray) could get behind," Sheppard said."

You better be careful before you get “accused of slurping…”

Post in thread 'EA Sports College Football Video Game updates'
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...otball-video-game-updates.278613/post-6858422

As always, I trust the coaching staff to play the QB with the best chance to win the game. Whomever it might be.

Also as always, as soon as we have a loss, or even just a really bad game, I expect some fans to start inventing convoluted theories as to why the coaching staff isn’t playing some other QB. And many fans will insist they know better than the coaches who should be starting. 🙂

If that stuff ain’t happening, it’s just not football season.

As always, I trust the coaching staff to play the QB with the best chance to win the game. Whomever it might be.

Also as always, as soon as we have a loss, or even just a really bad game, I expect some fans to start inventing convoluted theories as to why the coaching staff isn’t playing some other QB. And many fans will insist they know better than the coaches who should be starting. 🙂

If that stuff ain’t happening, it’s just not football season.
Don't need to invent it, OC recruited the greek guy. If it weren't for that....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mildone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT