ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium atmosphere at Team Entrance is EMBARRASSING

History says it’s going to happen, but it isn’t happening against Howard or Akron no matter how much you want it to.
As you say, beat VT on the road and the place will be humming for Washington.
I don’t have any hopes for Howard or Akron, but Washington is where I’m hoping it happens.

Pretty sure you know this. But "elicit".

Illicit would only apply if our fans were, for instance, convicted of 34 counts of felony fraud - perhaps perpetrated while in the parking lots tailgating, and engaged in those illicit activities, instead of in their seats by the time the team entered the stadium.

Ya, sometimes the phone gets the best of my fat clumsy fingers.

ps.......when attempting a quip, excess wordiness is your enemy - brevity often is key to not losing your audience,

Penn State cleans our clock on the field and in recruiting more so than any program. Rather than hating them, we should do whatever it takes to beat them. They are the most relevant program to compare ourselves to, because we need to beat them for the program to take the next step.

You probably need to incorporate the nuance of situational differences. Penn State has a winning history and also resides in an area of PA where there is minimal competition in terms of college/pro sports entertainment. IMO Rutgers needs to follow its own path instead of having a chip on shoulder inferiority complex about fellow BIG programs. The greater NY and Philly areas love winners and have the largest band-wagon base in the world.
Continued winning and an ever-increasing portion of those bandwagoners will evolve into loyal fans. Our path is not mimicking PSU with their White Outs etc.......it's..... "just win baby" and the rest will take care of itself. There is no other feeling in the world for fans and programs than the frenzy that winning in the NY Area brings. Even the heightened expectation of winning. The model should be the RU Basketball fanbase.....rabid, raucus, hungry fans.....who after stability and improvement in the program have now grown to crave victory packing the RAC with sellouts. The football program is progressing - and expectations have been raised, but we are still not that far removed from the depths of the Ash era - and it takes time to turn around fan skepticism.

You probably need to incorporate the nuance of situational differences. Penn State has a winning history and also resides in an area of PA where there is minimal competition in terms of college/pro sports entertainment. IMO Rutgers needs to follow its own path instead of having a chip on shoulder inferiority complex about fellow BIG programs. The greater NY and Philly areas love winners and have the largest band-wagon base in the world.
Continued winning and an ever-increasing portion of those bandwagoners will evolve into loyal fans. Our path is not mimicking PSU with their White Outs etc.......it's..... "just win baby" and the rest will take care of itself. There is no other feeling in the world for fans and programs than the frenzy that winning in the NY Area brings. Even the heightened expectation of winning. The model should be the RU Basketball fanbase.....rabid, raucus, hungry fans.....who after stability and improvement in the program have now grown to crave victory packing the RAC with sellouts. The football program is progressing - and expectations have been raised, but we are still not that far removed from the depths of the Ash era - and it takes time to turn around fan skepticism.
Word.

And as for the bolded, ask David Wright and Michael Strahan what they thought our in stadium experience is like.

You're assuming he has one.
True. I am not aware of any prior stated gender and certainly the board handle is entirely gender-neutral.

He may not be a he. He may be a she.

Either way, the clothespin scenario can be made to work. 😁

You know what else creates an "amazing" atmosphere at Penn State? Winning and going to New Years Day bowl games. Maybe we should try that approach?
Pony up and convince others to do so, and we’ll go to plenty of New Years Day Bowl Games. People have to step up. Its very difficult for things to happen on their own.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
The biggest situational difference is Penn State has a good core of fans who care about maintaining a successful football program and Rutgers doesn’t have enough.

Like someone else said, when there was juice our stadium has been full at kickoff. For the last 10 years there have been 0 juice games. “Juice” being defined as being at least 3-0 heading into a home game against a 2-1 or 3-0 conference team. 0 games probably in 10 years. PSU has had how many of those? Probably 3-4 home games per YEAR like that over the last 10 years. Can’t expect anything, stop saying the fans are “embarassing”. Indiana and Northwestern crowds are embarassing. Ours are straight miracles after the last 10 years
You don’t find it embarrassing when a near empty stadium greets the team? It’s especially embarrassing for me because recruits sit in front of me, and it’s not a good impression.

Please stop telling others how to live their lives and spend their money. Have you heard about the inflation problem in the country? The cost of housing? Mortgage rates? People with families have many higher priority items including housing, food, saving for college, etc than donating to a silly football team. Yet some fan still do. For many of people, in their universe of things that are important, Rutgers football occupies a very small space relative to other things in our lives. Apparently, for you, Rutgers football occupies a much large space.

Some people can't make it to the stadium on time because of family commitments, traffic, or other things that are more important to them. They don't need a lecture from you or anyone else or an attendance monitor yelling at them with a tardy slip.

The Washington and Wisconsin games have ZERO national consequence. None.

Your first three bullet points are more "rutgersalisms" that exist in your mind and nowhere else. "Everyone" does not agree on any of those things. But YOU and a few other vocal fans do agree. Goody for you.

Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me.
You star in your movie, I will star in mine.
Have a lovely day.
Go RU.
It’s ironic that you spend many hours on this messageboard discussing this silly football team.

Nevertheless, you’ve made it very clear in the past that your tailgate is the priority, so Enjoy!

It’s ironic that you spend many hours on this messageboard discussing this silly football team.

Nevertheless, you’ve made it very clear in the past that your tailgate is the priority, so Enjoy!
Reading comprehension is not your friend. I/we do not have a tailgate. We visit tailgates. Actually, at 90% of the games, we are in the stadium 1 hour before kickoff. We like to be settled an in our seats, watch the band, the entrance, etc. How about that? But you know what? I would never expect others to do as we do. I let people live their lives their way. If everybody was like me, however, the world would be a much better place. 🥸

Please stop telling others how to live their lives and spend their money. Have you heard about the inflation problem in the country? The cost of housing? Mortgage rates? People with families have many higher priority items including housing, food, saving for college, etc than donating to a silly football team. Yet some fan still do. For many of people, in their universe of things that are important, Rutgers football occupies a very small space relative to other things in our lives. Apparently, for you, Rutgers football occupies a much large space.

Some people can't make it to the stadium on time because of family commitments, traffic, or other things that are more important to them. They don't need a lecture from you or anyone else or an attendance monitor yelling at them with a tardy slip.

The Washington and Wisconsin games have ZERO national consequence. None.

Your first three bullet points are more "rutgersalisms" that exist in your mind and nowhere else. "Everyone" does not agree on any of those things. But YOU and a few other vocal fans do agree. Goody for you.

Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me.
You star in your movie, I will star in mine.
Have a lovely day.
Go RU.

Doesn't he drive a C class Mercedes? He's swimming in cash!

I asked your alter ego what scholarship he endowed.

Which one is yours?

Our cheap fans refuse to pay for the content of our local news. Every newspaper is now online and they all charge to be read by people who click. Our fans refuse to pay and then shit on the newspaper for trying to survive in this new Information Age. The excuse is oh they are not fair with Rutgers and write mean stories about us. The truth is if it has to paid for this fanbase won’t pay. Complain oh yes count this fan base in.

Yeah people not subscribing to nj.com is really keeping us from reaching the mountaintop.

Reading comprehension is not your friend. I/we do not have a tailgate. We visit tailgates. Actually, at 90% of the games, we are in the , 1 hour before kickoff. We like to be settled an in our seats, watch the band, the entrance, etc. How about that? But you know what? I would never expect others to do as we do. I let people live their lives their way. If everybody was like me, however, the world would be a much better place. 🥸

Except of course when it comes to what you refer to as Big Food and Big Pharma on these boards. You certainly seem to have no problem telling others what they should do in that case.

Apologies for the minor interruption in your self-important "better than you" narrative in continued denigration of Al. Carry on from the perch above all of us lesser folk....and careful not to fall off your high horse.

Except of course when it comes to what you refer to as Big Food and Big Pharma on these boards. You certainly seem to have no problem telling others what they should do in that case.

Apologies for the minor interruption in your self-important "better than you" narrative in continued denigration of Al. Carry on from the perch above all of us lesser folk....and careful not to fall off your high horse.
Reading comprehension is not your friend either, and neither am I. You have long been on ignore for good reason. I live my life my way, and have not told anyone to live their lives as I do. Great thing about this country (for now), free thinking and sharing thoughts is accepted. You don't seem to appreciate the difference between sharing information and telling others what to do. Have said multiple times what I do works for me. n=1. You can star in your own movie, but I will not watch it. Good evening to you. Back to ignore, where you belong. Your handle fits you well.

Reading comprehension is not your friend either, and neither am I. You have long been on ignore for good reason. I live my life my way, and have not told anyone to live their lives as I do. Great thing about this country (for now), free thinking and sharing thoughts is accepted. You don't seem to appreciate the difference between sharing information and telling others what to do. Have said multiple times what I do works for me. n=1. You can star in your own movie, but I will not watch it. Good evening to you. Back to ignore, where you belong. Your handle fits you well.
You lack discipline. Once someone is on ignore, you don't need to peek in and see if they have anything interesting to say. They don't. Stay strong and don't peek and above all, don't respond. I have no idea if any of the 10 or so morons I have on ignore ever respond to a post of mine. They suck.

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
You lack discipline. Once someone is on ignore, you don't need to peek in and see if they have anything interesting to say. They don't. Stay strong and don't peek and above all, don't respond. I have no idea if any of the 10 or so morons I have on ignore ever respond to a post of mine. They suck.
Yeah, I slipped up. The narratives people weave and the opinions they form on people are quite hilarious. Yeah, I have some strong opinions and convictions. But they are mine, and I share them. They work for me, but may not work for anyone else. Back to this thread, and to be clear, I think rutgersal is a fantastic fan. He is passionate. But he can't expect everyone to be as passionate as he is or to share his views on donations. To label our fanbase as embarrassing is not a good luck. IMO, we are where we are because of years of neglect. This year, the tide may change. It feel at least like 2004, and perhaps, hopefully, it is 2006 all over again.

There are two people (maybe more for all I know) in this thread that walk the walk. Both self made individuals.

When we do what they have done vis a vis Rutgers, feel free to throw a stone.

Our cheap fans refuse to pay for the content of our local news. Every newspaper is now online and they all charge to be read by people who click. Our fans refuse to pay and then shit on the newspaper for trying to survive in this new Information Age. The excuse is oh they are not fair with Rutgers and write mean stories about us. The truth is if it has to paid for this fanbase won’t pay. Complain oh yes count this fan base in.
Very Funny Laughing GIF

The biggest situational difference is Penn State has a good core of fans who care about maintaining a successful football program and Rutgers doesn’t have enough.
The big difference is they are maniacal fans for good and for bad. Remember they fought to have the child rape enabler statue restored and still hold him to the highest regard despite his loyalty to Sandusky. I'd take our fans any day for that reason alone.

As I'm walking to the stadium from Black, on a pace to be in the stadium for the National Anthem if everything goes right, there are still long lines of cars on the access roads who haven't even arrived yet. But it's the tailgaters and drinkers who are the reason for all the empty seats at kickoff?
Well my point is maybe the people arriving late are doing so for a reason. I myself will be rolling in right before kick off because so have two kids playing HS sports. Heck I’ll be late for the UCLA game most likely.

My issue is with the MANY tailgaters breaking down too late. If u have been there for hours is it really that much to ask to break down 15 minutes earlier ?

Winning will solve this but we should be better.

Well my point is maybe the people arriving late are doing so for a reason. I myself will be rolling in right before kick off because so have two kids playing HS sports. Heck I’ll be late for the UCLA game most likely.

My issue is with the MANY tailgaters breaking down too late. If u have been there for hours is it really that much to ask to break down 15 minutes earlier ?

I agree about the winning. One of the byproducts of the last two years of Flood and then the Ash era--a few fans I knew who have been fans since the 1980s would often not come into the game at all-they would watch the game from their tailgate, enjoying the company of their friends at their tailgate. Never really asked if they did this during 2006, and it seemed to perhaps make more sense for them to have a get together in a bar at someone's house, but this is what they did. That's their choice, but that may be some of what you see on the way into the stadium. As I said above, we like to be in about an hour before kickoff, and at the latest 30 minutes before kickoff to see the marching band, the horse video and the team entrance. But we are not that into the tailgate scene.

The old man spends all day and night on the board. He reads everything from everyone and has opinions on everything. It is not a 15 to 20 minute thing for him like it is for most.

I’ve said it once I’ll say it again, it’s entirely up the peoples personal decisions is whether or not they donate to NIL, and whether they believe in it or not

Regardless of their opinions on it, and whether therefore against it, it is not going away anytime soon, or ever for that matter

So the two options are donate and hope the team and program can turn it around, or not to donate, and be cool with consistent mid-level bowls

I Respect both points, only if you choose not to donate, and know what will happen if we don’t step up our NIL , and then continue to complain about it, it really would make no sense

Equally responsible is the difficulty getting into the stadium. Noon kickoffs aren’t great either.

Some day... fellow Rutgers fans might perform their assigned roles at Rutgers games to Al's satisfaction. What a day that will be! To be deemed worthy of Al's attention and pride... oh what a glorious achievement.
Hopefully one day, our stadium will be filled up a good amount for the band and team entrance, because that is the Big Ten norm.

It's the same at Maryland. I couldn't care less, personally. Just like at Rutgers, it'll happen, and has happened in the past, when the situation calls for it. The only thing worse is trying to fake it with artificial noise and attempts to choreograph it...

It's the same at Maryland. I couldn't care less, personally. Just like at Rutgers, it'll happen, and has happened in the past, when the situation calls for it. The only thing worse is trying to fake it with artificial noise and attempts to choreograph it...
How are you and other fans feeling about the media expectations for the Terps this year? I get the sense from watching the B1G camp show the team feels underrated, which is not a bad place to be. As always, expect the RU Maryland game to be a battle, even though Rutgers go slaughtered by the Terps last year.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
How are you and other fans feeling about the media expectations for the Terps this year? I get the sense from watching the B1G camp show the team feels underrated, which is not a bad place to be. As always, expect the RU Maryland game to be a battle, even though Rutgers go slaughtered by the Terps last year.
I think they will be good. Locks has been stockpiling quality players for years, and building a good coaching staff, but B1G media only saw Taulia. He was a better passer than the new guys will be, but he had holes in his game that the new guys might fill. I expect a good season.

My prediction is that the starter will be Billy Edwards (6/20 in the blowout of Auburn, ha ha), but I'm really not sure. Both of the other two guys are better pure passers...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT