ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium atmosphere at Team Entrance is EMBARRASSING

Our football program does not have a history of playing highly important games of National consequence.
Do you somehow forget what happened in 2006 when we played such a game?
The place was packed with emotional fans crying during the playing of the Alma Mater.
If we are as good as you say we are, it will happen naturally, it will never happen at your urging!

Seriously. The best part of the game day experience for the past decade has been the tailgate. And the worst part of the game day experience for the past decade has been the actual game.

In keeping with the Maryland conversation…really wish they would be the last game every season.

Even with the new kids on the block, it’s an easy thing for the B1G to line up a rivalry type weekend with just about everyone:

Rutgers/Maryland (geography, joined the B1G same time so there is already a "link")
Ohio State/Michigan (no explanation needed)
Indiana/Purdue (Old Oaken Bucket)
Illinois/Northwestern (Land of Lincoln trophy)
Minnesota/Wisconsin (Paul Bunyan's axe)
Iowa/Nebraska (these fanbases HATE each other)
Washington/Oregon (still have the Civil War, same for Huskies if they want WSU) USC/UCLA (no explanation needed)

And I guess by default: MSU/Penn State

Last edited:
Reactions: RUAir-Raid
Michigan State - 04
Louisville - 06
USF - 07
Fresno State - 08
Cincy - 09
Penn State - 14

Games from recent memory that were packed at kickoff and the team entrance was rocking

Can’t speak for ND in 99 Texas in 00

Point is, our fans have to have a reason to get juiced.

Best VT to start out 3-0 and I’d expect one of the best crowds we’ve ever seen
‘99 vs. ND was a madhouse. Jammed pack early. Fans were there early. Got not move in the concourse.

That's it Al! Rally the troops by telling us fans how sh*tty we are! lol moron
Mr Penn State Troll. Welcome back. Speaking of morons, who was the stupid CNT who posted that Mike Houston was 10x the coach that Greg Schiano was? What was Mike Houston’s record last year? I’ll help you. 2-10. In 5 years Greg Schiano has built a team that would drop 60 on Mike Houston’s sorryass squad.

‘99 vs. ND was a madhouse. Jammed pack early. Fans were there early. Got not move in the concourse.

That was a miserable game, the parking attendants bent over backwards to accommodate Notre Dame fans while continuing to screw the loyal Rutgers fans. That game was responsible for my tailgate crew (it wasn't mine at the time, I was just a member of it) losing two longtime members (and their season tickets) who had been there from the mid-80's.

One thing that Penn State does so much better than we do is that the vast majority of their fans are at their seats when the team enters the stadium. This creates a huge impression on recruits, and pumps up the team.

In contrast, I’m not sure if Rutgers stadium is even half full when the team enters, and it’s pretty embarrassing. How deflating must it feel to the players, to run out to a half empty stadium. Hopefully, with a much better team, fans will be motivated to be at their seats early. We should all be doing our best to enter the stadium an hour before kickoff. That’s what they do at Penn State, and this creates an AMAZING atmosphere.

I only read the OP and I’m replying.
This is so basic but I still can’t believe that some RU fans don’t understand this…
When you win more often than not and/or you have played many recent entertaining games and sometimes beat top teams..,,, more people attend the games and get there early/on time.
Every single football team (except maybe 1 or 2) in the entire country, would have the same or less fans than us if they had our overall horrendous history in football.
Sorry but that’s R reality and it’s basic human behavior. Psu fans are NOT better than us because they do what you want us to do. They’ve experienced a much much better product over their long term and recent history.

Huh? I must have missed that.
It was years ago. In the form of a question for the whole community, IIRC. As I recall, the answers included, as they usually do, a good bit of hilarity. We're a community that likes to help each other out. But not without some hilarity. 🙂

OTOH, my recall can totally suck sometimes. So perhaps I have him confused with someone else.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
It was years ago. In the form of a question for the whole community, IIRC. As I recall, the answers included, as they usually do, a good bit of hilarity. We're a community that likes to help each other out. But not without some hilarity. 🙂

OTOH, my recall can totally suck sometimes. So perhaps I have him confused with someone else.

Was this the one about dating the Guatemalan maid?

One thing that Penn State does so much better than we do is that the vast majority of their fans are at their seats when the team enters the stadium. This creates a huge impression on recruits, and pumps up the team.

In contrast, I’m not sure if Rutgers stadium is even half full when the team enters, and it’s pretty embarrassing. How deflating must it feel to the players, to run out to a half empty stadium. Hopefully, with a much better team, fans will be motivated to be at their seats early. We should all be doing our best to enter the stadium an hour before kickoff. That’s what they do at Penn State, and this creates an AMAZING atmosphere.

Now post a non white out game

Problem is that the vast majority of NJ doesn’t care at all about Rutgers or Rutgers football. We haven’t truly sold out a game in quite a while…even once everyone is in their seats. One last beer…I’ve been guilty a lot of the time, getting to my seat right at or right after kickoff. Others have said it well above…once we start winning people will be more interested in coming and in getting into their seats early. The pageantry of college football can be awesome. When I go to Tennessee games there is far more band playing than piped in rap and noises. It’s like old time college football experience with 100k of your closest friends. At 50k, I have to believe we can get closer to that…not that many seats to fill and people won’t want to miss a second if we are good. This year is the springboard.

That part I don’t recall.

It was either him or NYCBanker, can't recall which. However, he very recently (May) had a thread on the Main Board about how he had been dating a narcissistic woman who was sleeping with other guys.

It was either him or NYCBanker, can't recall which. However, he very recently (May) had a thread on the Main Board about how he had been dating a narcissistic woman who was sleeping with other guys.
You’re pretty much a housewife at this point. Have some self respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT