ADVERTISEMENT

Does Rutgers stand a chance with 4-star qb Gavin Wimsatt ?

Time to close strong on this class. Then we can start stacking classes. If this comes to fruition, coach took a major shortcut in the rebuild. I mean we leaped up a few rungs if this class comes together. Like it now looks. Prospects we would be praying for under the last 2 coaches our now deciding to go elsewhere because Rutgers has bigger fish to reel in.

I’m feeling light headed!

fw_gonewiththewind-gif.gif

UK insider on TOS changed crystal ball pick to RU last night at 11 pm. Looking good on this kid. Getting him and Brown would give us a total of 5 4 star recruits out of a total of 11 commits so far for 2022.

I wonder what information is out there that all these recruiting analysts are changing their forecasts

Reactions: RUShea
Cincinnati has Evan Procter, sophomore, the 2020 4th best QB on 247 and probably their next starter. I think Wimsatt would consider that in his recruitment.

Kentucky starter, Joey Gateway, transferred from Auburn, junior 4 star recruit has two more years to play. Beau Allen, sophomore 4 star QB recruit waiting to play.

Last edited:

Wimsatt’s mother told Wiltfong they recently left a visit to Piscataway pleased. “His goal is to find a home away from home and he’s really comfortable with them

Thats a good quote, but I wouldn't call that an "in the bank" type of language. I'll hold my breathe and continue to hope RU closes the deal here. Massive massive coup if we do.

And side note - I feel for Kentucky. This is the exact type of situation where we, as RU fans, would expect to land an in-state kid. And given the recent history & perception of RU nationwide I gotta bet it stings to the core. (it would for us if it were the other way around)

As far as Kentucky goes, they have won these in the past, does Tim Couch ring a bell. I would tend to feel bad for KU, until I realize no one outside this fan base feels bad for us when we have had multiple conga lines sachet out of the state. I will only mention 2 to keep the size of this post down. Julies Peppers and Rashaun Gary. Besides there is a Jaguar in Jacksonville who was missed by Rutgers, spurned Monmouth and ended up a great player for KU. See we have paid our dues.

Correction got distracted of course it is not Julies Peppers, Jabril. That tired mistake is going to sting me today. Whoops.

I’m not crazy about it when recruits go out of state but I understand it. Certainly would prefer they come to RU but there is not much I can do about it. That being said, out of sight, out of mind. I don’t follow them or care if they become Pro Bowlers. They become irrelevant to me. I only care about those who choose to come to MY alma mater. In state, out of state, they are all good to me.

Reactions: schemingup23
You know Kentucky will continue to recruit him even if he commits to RU. They can't let the #1 recruit in their state get away. But, at this stage, RU offers a better situation for him. Competition in the B1G East is very SEC like. RU is now recruiting like a B1G East team. Will be fun watching these guys!

Cincinnati has Evan Procter, sophomore, the 2020 4th best QB on 247 and probably their next starter. I think Wimsatt would consider that in his recruitment.

Kentucky starter, Joey Gateway, transferred from Auburn, junior 4 star recruit has two more years to play. Beau Allen, sophomore 4 star QB recruit waiting to play.
On further investigation, Penn State QB Will Levis has transferred to Kentucky and will be battling Joey Gateway for the starting QB. Levis will have 3 years eligibility at Kentucky. I believe Levis played against Rutgers and won.

I wonder what information is out there that all these recruiting analysts are changing their forecasts
I've noticed typically a lot of prediction movement happens leading up to a recruit's commitment. Word gets around, but everyone wants to respect his right to announce, maybe he's a "silent commit," I suspect a couple guys pile on when they see this to juice their prediction ratio, but it's just a guess.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT