ADVERTISEMENT

You Want A Piece of Me?

Thx for stopping by. As some said above, always cool to have cordial visiting fans. Re: you growing up in Owensboro, interesting. So does that mean you were very aware of Gavin when he was coming out as a recruit? And if yes, did you want him to be a Hoosier? Did they recruit him? And did y'all both attend the same high school? Sorry for the 500 questions, haha. Just curious since it's a cool connection. And if you DID both go to the same HS, and you still have pride for your HS/hometown, then that means there has to be a small % of you, even if it's 1%, that secretly wants him to do well Saturday, haha.
I was born there. Did elementary and junior high school and college there. I moved away in 84 to attend IU, but my mom and brother stayed. Sister in law works at the high school. Know the basketball coach well.

I don’t think IU recruited Gavin. It’s hard for IU to reel in Kentucky kids.

I will pull for him to do well in a tough loss!

Reactions: DirtyRU
Well.. here are the fears I see from a Rutgers perspective.. posted in another thread.

Last year Indiana played Maryland a lot closer and beat Michigan State. We beat Indiana in a home game by a TD.

Yes, Rutgers is 5-2 and is playing at Indian for a bowl game.. having Ohio State, Iowa, Penn State and Maryland afterward.. this is the "best bet" for that all-important 6th win.

BUT.. Indiana has 2 wins. They have arguably, 3 games at teh end of the season that could be wins for them, assuming the other 2 are out of reach (I forget who.. Wisconsin and someone).

So, THIS game vs Rutgers could be a must-win for Indiana to try for 6 and a bowl game.

I think both sides will be UP for this game. I hope so anyway. I'd rather get that 6th win in a hard-fought game. Earn your way to a bowl game.

Oh.. and I need betting advice.. what's the Cutters' chances this year in the 500?
Our fan base is demoralized. We need a win worse than Joe Btfsplk.

Cutters always puke and rally in the Little 5!

Well, in Owensboro, we are the mutton capital of the world.

Hookers and blow go together.

Fast trucks pulling boats OK?
Mutton? Mutton? That is NOT okay. My God, man, that’s practically cannibalism.

Sheep are for loving. Not eating.

I mean, do West Virginians eat their cousins? No.

Mutton. 😡

• Haha
Reactions: RUSK97
Mutton? Mutton? That is NOT okay. My God, man, that’s practically cannibalism.

Sheep are for loving. Not eating.

I mean, do West Virginians eat their cousins? No.

Mutton. 😡
Guarantee your QB eats here as often as possible - it’s where I spent my lawn mowing money (if I had any left after pinball and pool at The 8 Ball).

Guarantee your QB eats here as often as possible - it’s where I spent my lawn mowing money (if I had any left after pinball and pool at The 8 Ball).

Perhaps he does. However, he avoids the mutton because he knows, as do all good football players, that sheep are NOT for eating - they are for avoiding getting entangled with gold diggers.

Because sheep almost never want any money. All they ever really want is to be loved, along with being sheared every now and then.

Perhaps he does. However, he avoids the mutton because he knows, as do all good football players, that sheep are NOT for eating - they are for avoiding getting entangled with gold diggers.

Because sheep almost never want any money. All they ever really want is to be loved, along with being sheared every now and then.

I can see it on an Indy board "You wouldn't BELIEVE the conversation I had over on a Rutgers board."

• Haha
Reactions: mildone
How do Indiana basketball fans feel about Rutgers?

A lot seem to loathe us because we own the Hoosiers.
Some are dismissive and think IU is still better than RU.
tenor.gif

I’m not bitin’

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT