ADVERTISEMENT

Donnie Tillman

Apparently there is talk about him trying to get a hardship waiver due to his ill mother, but not sure how RU fits into that since she lives nowhere near NJ.
Seems like a kid that we take regardless. I know it stinks to sit out a year and burn the scholarship but he's a proven producer.

Seems like a kid that we take regardless. I know it stinks to sit out a year and burn the scholarship but he's a proven producer.
Oh, we'd take him for sure. I'm just not sure why he'd take us if he can go somewhere else and play right away. Unless he is itching to spend a year sitting on his butt hanging out in NYC and waiting on line for student rush Hamilton tickets.

Reactions: bowlgoal
Oh, we'd take him for sure. I'm just not sure why he'd take us if he can go somewhere else and play right away. Unless he is itching to spend a year sitting on his butt for year hanging out in NYC and waiting on line for student rush Hamilton tickets.
Hope he’s at the bbq tonight.

This would be a huge pick up. Even if he doesn’t play this year he will be in contention to be the starting PF next year when Carter and Yeboah leave. If he is eligible this year he will give Rutgers serious competition in the forward department. This could also allow Rutgers to play more small ball and press more if they please.

Interesting articles about him. Entered the nba draft but then decided to return to Utah and then a week later told them his was taking a leave of absence from school and then entered the transfer portal.

Seems like Utah fans are probably as upset as we were over Eugene? Hopefully he clicks with Pikes and makes the decision to commit. Seems like a tight window so need to close hard on him. Perfect fit but he’d have to earn his playing time just like anywhere. It’s not like he’s walking into a starting role.

Push hard for him try and give a walk-on the final ship.

Doesn't seem like there is much out there worth it.

Reactions: RUHouston
I watch alot of PAC 12 hoops. This guy was easily a top 10 player in the league this past year. Definitely in the Yeboah stratosphere of impact maybe greater if RU can pull this off. I have to think Michigan and UNLV are also going to be factors in this recruitment. However, if RU can get him for next year that books them in the tourney in 2020 and if some miracle he gets a hardship waiver approved for 2019 then we'll be dancing this year.

This would be a KARMA payback for Oregon stealing EO...except we may get the better end of the bargain if we can seal the deal.

As for hardship, maybe his mother is moving to NJ...?

MO
Thats my thought as well. If she has cancer regardless of where he winds up my prayers are with his family. NJ has some great hospitals for treating cancer so perhaps shes coming here for that reason

Thats my thought as well. If she has cancer regardless of where he winds up my prayers are with his family. NJ has some great hospitals for treating cancer so perhaps shes coming here for that reason

There has to be some reason he came to Rutgers first in regards to needing to be in the NYC area where he believes his hardship waiver could get approved to play this year. I would like for him to see some better weather which he should as I believe his commit is official so he should be here I am guessing through Saturday or Sunday. I am curious on if he is planning to visit others or if there is a chance we could see a commit this weekend.

Last edited:
Well, hopefully his mother's health gets sorted out, and hopefully he comes here as a 3 for 2. Practice with the team for a year, then step into the PF spot when Yeboah/Carter graduate? Yes please.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT