ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan deletes Rutgers from instagram???

Well its either a young man messing with the minds of middle-age instagram followers, or he is not coming here. Either way nothing anyone on this board can do. On another topic, you don’t happen to follow Taylor Swift as well? I have been wondering how her and Kelce are doing.

Personally, when he kept pushing his commitment date off, and was wishy washy, I started to think he’s not coming here… if he really wanted us, wanted to play with Ace, he would have done it. He has reservations obviously.

Start putting it in your head now that he’s not coming. That way you won’t be disappointed. I already have.

IF….he’s playing games, that’s not cool. Trolling your potential fan base not a good look..

Reactions: knight82
His high school team is scheduled to play at the RAC at the end of December along with the four other 2024 recruits that have committed to Rutgers.This process is similar to Griffiths last season.Nobody knows why Harper hasn't announced a decision which just leads to more panic from the fan base.

Personally, when he kept pushing his commitment date off, and was wishy washy, I started to think he’s not coming here… if he really wanted us, wanted to play with Ace, he would have done it. He has reservations obviously.

Start putting it in your head now that he’s not coming. That way you won’t be disappointed. I already have.
Lol

Rutgers, Indiana, and Duke fans all freaked out about a kid pinning posts on Instagram, no wonder Dylan got a kick out of it.

His recent actions all indicate one thing, stop worrying him trolling.

If money is finite wouldn't we want to spread it around and have guys that will be here 4 years and fit in to our system?

Are we scrapping our 3/4 press or are we asking him to play 28 minutes and expend a lot of energy and effort on the defensive effort.

If he wants to come here GREAT. I like the players we have here now. We lost 2 of our rotation players from last year's team. Is that going to happen again just so we can allocate the resources for a freshman who will be here 1 year?

Gavin lived in Connecticut but he made most of our games. Cliff came to most of our games.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiloTalon13
If money is finite wouldn't we want to spread it around and have guys that will be here 4 years and fit in to our system?

Are we scrapping our 3/4 press or are we asking him to play 28 minutes and expend a lot of energy and effort on the defensive effort.

If he wants to come here GREAT. I like the players we have here now. We lost 2 of our rotation players from last year's team. Is that going to happen again just so we can allocate the resources for a freshman who will be here 1 year?
Your concerns are valid, but with the current portal/NIL rules (or lack thereof) we can no longer expect to keep any high value players for more than one year anyway (look at Cam as case-in-point).

Five-star players will likely go to the NBA after one year. Should we give up on recruiting them altogether, on the chance that 4-star and high performance 3-star guys will not look for a bigger payday after one year with us?

It’s crazy times in college hoops these days.

Your concerns are valid, but with the current portal/NIL rules (or lack thereof) we can no longer expect to keep any high value players for more than one year anyway (look at Cam as case-in-point).

Five-star players will likely go to the NBA after one year. Should we give up on recruiting them altogether, on the chance that 4-star and high performance 3-star guys will not look for a bigger payday after one year with us?

It’s crazy times in college hoops these days.
I dont know!

Just watching the game last night and thinking we add Ace and Dylan. Where and how do they fit? Is Dylan the point guard? What is Simpsons role? Do we still press? Who plays center and rebounds? Do we have $ to get a center in the portal? Could Cliff return but we dont have the $?

Having Gavin back with more experience, confidence, and strength, I expect to see a high flying offense next year with Ace and possibly Dylan.

My guess is that we’ll run like crazy and we’ll see a lot of lobs from Dylan to Ace. Plus, both can knock down the trey as we know Gavin can as well.

I’m thinking we will press some, but more-so when Dylan and Ace are off the floor, assuming we still have Mag, JMike, and Derek, plus Jeremiah who some have said is an outstanding defender.

• Haha
could have been trying to force best and final offers, no problem with a man trying to leverage the system he is dealt. Seems like it was a non-issue tho

I am so happy Pike is our coach. I think he has done the impossible and turned this program around........

I have concerns that the coaching staff may not be maximizing things from an offensive standpoint. Will the staff have the ability to integrate 2 outstanding pieces and turn us in to a good offensive team.

In 1 half he aborted the preseason talk and started benching people (it really worked for Simpson) for defense. He keeps talking uptempo and wanting to score 80, but what we se doesn't match that.

Gavin isn't getting looks. Hyatt is taking the most shots. If we are being honest with ourselves Cliff doesn't have the offensive toolbox he should have in Year 4. I blame Cliff and the staff for that.

• Love
Love it when Old Men try to read into the mind of a 16/17/18 year old.... 🤣
Even if I was the best X's and O's guy and an amazing communicator - I'm not sure I could get ever wrap my head around pitching to and then having my success based on the whims of a teenager and whether they picked ME or not. I can't imagine what some of these coaches have to go through - pays amazing if you are good at, but what a crazy profession.

To me it's a little bit pathetic that fans become so - there must be a word for it - fanatic, yeah that's it, following every tiny speck of minutiae regarding what teenage kids think or don't think about where they're going to college. I'll be ecstatic if he signs and disappointed if he doesn't, but can't be bothered to worry about it until it happens. I do think he signs, though, based on everything I've heard.

sd-aspect-1494421435-giphy-7.gif

Back up now. Also could mean he is nearing a commitment, and doesn’t want a Rutgers visit post— instead a Rutgers Comitted post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT