ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Dylan Harper’s Decision Date Set

In a case like this, where Dylan's commitment is of such extreme interest and importance, especially for RU, (and of course, we have an outstanding class right now no matter what happens on Wednesday), I'm wondering if the respective schools DH is considering already know what his choice is?

Dylan has played his recruitment very close to the vest all the way along, and I wonder if the RU staff already knows if he's coming or not? -I would imagine they possibly do being that his college selection is so imminent, but I don't know what the protocol for that sort of thing happens to be, particularly with the length of time that Harper's recruitment has gone on.

Well, guess we'll finally find out the answer to the big question on the 6th. -Fingers crossed, (and any other body part that might help being crossed, as well:-).

Reactions: biazza38
Where are all the super sleuths? Anyone see any red around his house? Has his mother been seen wearing red? Someone has to slip up.

Any chance he already signed in the early signing period and kept it quiet? Otherwise I believe he would have to wait until April to actually sign his NLI.

If he has strung along Rutgers for this long, and at the end of the day picked another school, that would be the most epic douche move in the history of CBB! How could mom, dad and RHJ allow that to happen. (rhetorical)

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Still having visions of Tim Thomas and J.Williams and how much of a downer those were. That’s only the basketball recruiting side. Football is worse.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Oh man, I don't know what ticket availability is right now at the RAC, but if he picks us, season tickets will be impossible to get next year, and single game tickets will be rare and very expensive. Not to mention the RU hoops community and this board will be swinging from the chandeliers.
From what I have heard, the RAC is sold out this year.

If he has strung along Rutgers for this long, and at the end of the day picked another school, that would be the most epic douche move in the history of CBB! How could mom, dad and RHJ allow that to happen. (rhetorical)

disagree. the kid hasnt "strung" anyone along. he has taken his time (as he is within his rights to do). he has been very quiet about his recruiting.

you wanted him to announce earlier to quell your own anxiety/ lack of patience over a decision by a 17 year old? - too friggin' bad.

obviously - I want him to choose RU. would be HUGE!!! but I will feel no ill will towards him if he doesnt - he has made no promises (implied or not) that he would pick RU. all the "noise" about his recruitment has come others, not him.

EDIT: actually if he picks another school he will be dead-to-me but that will be solely an emotional reaction and not one based on logic, reason or fairness (see reasons above) 😉

Last edited:
It's still amazes me how many mentions that RU fans have from 20 to 30 years ago about recruiting sagas and items and try and equate this as potentially the same thing.

It also amazes me with the amount of complaints about NIL and RU when it comes to sports, BUT as soon as RU gets it act together like many schools have done for decades before, suddenly it's a problem for the fanbases of Duke, Kansas and Indiana etc.....or Auburn or whomever else.

We still have fans in denial about what this recruiting class means and it actually has nothing to do with the actual on court results next year....this is NOT a 1 time, 1 year situation. RU is generated a level of excitement, change in how we want to play basketball and the recruiting results bears that out.

There are still fans stuck in a year to year mentality when it comes to basketball or even this season.....as if that matters at all. What matters is we have an elite coaching staff that actually has a vision that is higher than 90% of the fanbase.....some aren't willing to accept changes that are good for RU.

I was told by many experts or so called experts that are alumni, that RUs ceiling is a 10 or 11 seed and we would never ever climb to a level of Syracuse, Villanova, Louisville or old Big East powers. And that we should be happy with 3 NIT seasons and an occasional NCAA bid every 5 to 6 years.

I'm glad that Pike, Brandin Knight and this staff see RUs potential like I do....whatever happened in RUs past, is the past....and rebuilding, brick by brick, allowed this type of recruiting win, with Ace Bailey, Sommerville, Dortch, Grant and now Dylan Harper. All in one class. It takes guts to break the mold. Maybe if we believe in the vision of the future, we can get fans to see past today or this week or last week.

It's the fanbase making the RAC a true environment, along with winning some key games, that allows you the chance to get a Bailey, Harper etc. So stop complaining about hot dog costs or parking fees. What was their to look back on....?? To wonder how many Nova fans or Cuse fans would fill the 200s and 100s when RU was getting beaten by 10 to 20 points??

Look forward fans....these are great times for RU.

@NewJerseyHawk I understand your point of view, but I also understand how long-time fans see the negatives of the program.

It's second-nature for fans of franchises and programs that have endured decades of frustration to feel like the rug will somehow get pulled from underneath them.

Trust me. I know. I'm a Jets fan.

I know Detroit Lions fans who, even though they are currently 9-3 with a 3-game lead in the NFC North, will not be surprised if they blow their lead and end up missing the playoffs.

It's still amazes me how many mentions that RU fans have from 20 to 30 years ago about recruiting sagas and items and try and equate this as potentially the same thing.

It also amazes me with the amount of complaints about NIL and RU when it comes to sports, BUT as soon as RU gets it act together like many schools have done for decades before, suddenly it's a problem for the fanbases of Duke, Kansas and Indiana etc.....or Auburn or whomever else.

We still have fans in denial about what this recruiting class means and it actually has nothing to do with the actual on court results next year....this is NOT a 1 time, 1 year situation. RU is generated a level of excitement, change in how we want to play basketball and the recruiting results bears that out.

There are still fans stuck in a year to year mentality when it comes to basketball or even this season.....as if that matters at all. What matters is we have an elite coaching staff that actually has a vision that is higher than 90% of the fanbase.....some aren't willing to accept changes that are good for RU.

I was told by many experts or so called experts that are alumni, that RUs ceiling is a 10 or 11 seed and we would never ever climb to a level of Syracuse, Villanova, Louisville or old Big East powers. And that we should be happy with 3 NIT seasons and an occasional NCAA bid every 5 to 6 years.

I'm glad that Pike, Brandin Knight and this staff see RUs potential like I do....whatever happened in RUs past, is the past....and rebuilding, brick by brick, allowed this type of recruiting win, with Ace Bailey, Sommerville, Dortch, Grant and now Dylan Harper. All in one class. It takes guts to break the mold. Maybe if we believe in the vision of the future, we can get fans to see past today or this week or last week.

It's the fanbase making the RAC a true environment, along with winning some key games, that allows you the chance to get a Bailey, Harper etc. So stop complaining about hot dog costs or parking fees. What was their to look back on....?? To wonder how many Nova fans or Cuse fans would fill the 200s and 100s when RU was getting beaten by 10 to 20 points??

Look forward fans....these are great times for RU.
100% All progress and breaking through ceilings starts with an attitude change and about what's possible. You don't sell 5 star recruits with an NIT/occasional NCAA tournament vision. I'm sure when John Stockton was at Gonzaga alumni/students/fans never have envisoned over 20 conescutive NCAA appearences, Sweet 16's, final fours and playing in the national championship. Why not Rutgers?

Where are all the super sleuths? Anyone see any red around his house? Has his mother been seen wearing red? Someone has to slip up.

It will streamed on Overtime.tv
Overtime media company owns the Overtime Elite League (Top NBA picks Amen and Ausar Thompson were there last year).

He's going to opt out of college and commit to OTE for next year!

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

@NewJerseyHawk I understand your point of view, but I also understand how long-time fans see the negatives of the program.

It's second-nature for fans of franchises and programs that have endured decades of frustration to feel like the rug will somehow get pulled from underneath them.

Trust me. I know. I'm a Jets fan.

I know Detroit Lions fans who, even though they are currently 9-3 with a 3-game lead in the NFC North, will not be surprised if they blow their lead and end up missing the playoffs.

I know but I have lived that life now through TWO full image changes, culture changes....as a Seahawks fan since the late 70s early 80s (liked the Helmet as a kid), I lived through the 80s with Chuck Knox and then back to the 1992 Seahawks, which might have been the worse team in NFL history....Dan McGuire. Brian Bosworth etc....

It wasn't until the ownership change happened and Paul Allen decided being below average wasn't acceptable. They built a stadium instead of the crumbling Kingdome (which was still a great historic venue at the time) AND paid through the nose to pull Mike Holmgren out of Green Bay and over to Seattle.

Once you hire people who have a higher vision of success than the region ever believed could happen is when winning takes place.....the strange thing is winning and excellent football was already shown in the region with the Washington Huskies in the 80s and 90s football.....so fans know good football vs so so stuff.

Now 25 years or so since we plucked Holmgren and a dip for 1 year to Jim Mora Jr, in comes Pete Carroll and the franchise has changed.....it takes time to shed the label of "nice team, but not ever a contender".....you have to push way beyond what people can see.

Now I appreciate the fact of what it takes to shed images of bad performance and it requires hiring winners who will not be denied. I think this staff has that mentality. The jokes about Pikes trophy case being set for B1G titles and national titles, gets laughed off by our competitors.

So I'm willing to ride the next 10 to 20 years up the elevator to the top. I'm just preparing to see greatness, might as well enjoy the process as it happens and stop being afraid of the past.....it can only stop you from the future.

disagree. the kid hasnt "strung" anyone along. he has taken his time (as he is within his rights to do). he has been very quiet about his recruiting.

you wanted him to announce earlier to quell your own anxiety/ lack of patience over a decision by a 17 year old? - too friggin' bad.

obviously - I want him to choose RU. would be HUGE!!! but I will feel no ill will towards him if he doesnt - he has made no promises (implied or not) that he would pick RU. all the "noise" about his recruitment has come others, not him.

EDIT: actually if he picks another school he will be dead-to-me but that will be solely an emotional reaction and not one based on logic, reason or fairness (see reasons above) ;)
Maybe strung is the wrong word, but still a horrible dis if he goes elsewhere.

I know but I have lived that life now through TWO full image changes, culture changes....as a Seahawks fan since the late 70s early 80s (liked the Helmet as a kid), I lived through the 80s with Chuck Knox and then back to the 1992 Seahawks, which might have been the worse team in NFL history....Dan McGuire. Brian Bosworth etc....

It wasn't until the ownership change happened and Paul Allen decided being below average wasn't acceptable. They built a stadium instead of the crumbling Kingdome (which was still a great historic venue at the time) AND paid through the nose to pull Mike Holmgren out of Green Bay and over to Seattle.

Once you hire people who have a higher vision of success than the region ever believed could happen is when winning takes place.....the strange thing is winning and excellent football was already shown in the region with the Washington Huskies in the 80s and 90s football.....so fans know good football vs so so stuff.

Now 25 years or so since we plucked Holmgren and a dip for 1 year to Jim Mora Jr, in comes Pete Carroll and the franchise has changed.....it takes time to shed the label of "nice team, but not ever a contender".....you have to push way beyond what people can see.

Now I appreciate the fact of what it takes to shed images of bad performance and it requires hiring winners who will not be denied. I think this staff has that mentality. The jokes about Pikes trophy case being set for B1G titles and national titles, gets laughed off by our competitors.

So I'm willing to ride the next 10 to 20 years up the elevator to the top. I'm just preparing to see greatness, might as well enjoy the process as it happens and stop being afraid of the past.....it can only stop you from the future.
You must have liked the throwback Hawks unis last week. I thought I was going to see Zorn to Largeant.

Reactions: NewJerseyHawk
You must have liked the throwback Hawks unis last week. I thought I was going to see Zorn to Largeant.

They did such a good job with those uniforms that they ser aside one of the newer alternative Grey uniforms....I would have killed off the lime green uniforms, but the fans love them for whatever reason.

In terms of Dylan Harper, Ace Bailey and this class, the bar has been raised, which is actually the biggest story to change how the program is being built and viewed on a national level. Once we factor in schools like UCLA that have been recruiting at that level for decades, we have a lot more ti do. It's not going to be a Top 5 recruiting class each and every season, but there's literally no reason it should be 12th or 14th out of 18 B1G programs.

Our competitors are all clicking at this level for years and I'm hyped up to see how the national media treats RU when this class is ultimately announced. It has to carry over somewhat to 2025 and 2026. There's a new "floor" or standard being set.

Reactions: devoted2ru
They did such a good job with those uniforms that they ser aside one of the newer alternative Grey uniforms....I would have killed off the lime green uniforms, but the fans love them for whatever reason.

In terms of Dylan Harper, Ace Bailey and this class, the bar has been raised, which is actually the biggest story to change how the program is being built and viewed on a national level. Once we factor in schools like UCLA that have been recruiting at that level for decades, we have a lot more ti do. It's not going to be a Top 5 recruiting class each and every season, but there's literally no reason it should be 12th or 14th out of 18 B1G programs.

Our competitors are all clicking at this level for years and I'm hyped up to see how the national media treats RU when this class is ultimately announced. It has to carry over somewhat to 2025 and 2026. There's a new "floor" or standard being set.
I like most of the throwback unis vs the new ones. Liked seeing the Pats throwbacks this past week too.

Re Ru: Sometimes I have to pinch myself that this isn't a dream. I always had hopes that we could compete with the big boys and wasn't always watching other schools have their "one shining moment." Exciting times!

Am I correct that nothing is binding until the next signing period...April?

If he picks RU, great
If he doesn't I am fine with it.

Results on the court move the needle.

Reactions: PaKnight
Am I correct that nothing is binding until the next signing period...April?

If he picks RU, great
If he doesn't I am fine with it.

Results on the court move the needle.
Two things:

1. Rumors are out there that he already signed his NLI.
2. I don't think anything is binding in today's world.

As a Seahawks fan, you should also appreciate never getting too comfortable after super bowl XLIX

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Two things:

1. Rumors are out there that he already signed his NLI.
2. I don't think anything is binding in today's world.
I don't want to make a thread (from me), but you brought it up.

Was very curious how things work with NIL and $ falling through. What happens if the entity doesn't or unable to pay, you would think a school would do the right thing and let somebody out.

This whole thing feels like the Wild West. Not that I know what the Wild West is.

Don't know when the recession is coming, but there is always one out on the horizon. You would think that could impact NIL obligations.

I don't want to make a thread (from me), but you brought it up.

Was very curious how things work with NIL and $ falling through. What happens if the entity doesn't or unable to pay, you would think a school would do the right thing and let somebody out.

This whole thing feels like the Wild West. Not that I know what the Wild West is.

Don't know when the recession is coming, but there is always one out on the horizon. You would think that could impact NIL obligations.
I think we saw this already in Florida.
Stud QB wanted out.

Also I think Florida let him out a few days later.

If NIL falls through we use the parking lot rape money. Prob six games to come up with $500k.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT