ADVERTISEMENT

Dymere Miller and Kenny Fletcher...

Jerseylegends

Junior
Mar 15, 2023
These guys look like legit d1 pass catchers with NFL potential.. Nice to have some good looking receivers out there. When I saw Ian strong I was like oh ok, hes gonna be Megatron, he may not be ready yet though, maybe a defensive player, have to give him a chance but he never has looked comfortable catching the ball. Didn't get the ball to Dremel or black but I'd like to see how that looks as well.. running backs are elite of course. Team has some real weapons this year. But Fletcher and Dymere look excellent, Fletcher should have been playing tight end this whole time lol. That was a pleasant surprise as I don't think Rutgers has ever had a receiving tight end like him during my fandom..

These guys look like legit d1 pass catchers with NFL potential.. Nice to have some good looking receivers out there. When I saw Ian strong I was like oh ok, hes gonna be Megatron, he may not be ready yet though, maybe a defensive player, have to give him a chance but he never has looked comfortable catching the ball. Didn't get the ball to Dremel or black but I'd like to see how that looks as well.. running backs are elite of course. Team has some real weapons this year. But Fletcher and Dymere look excellent, Fletcher should have been playing tight end this whole time lol. That was a pleasant surprise as I don't think Rutgers has ever had a receiving tight end like him during my fandom..
Were you around for Clark Harris?

Can you call yourself Jersey legend and not know who Clark Harris is?
Smh 😞 he's got a couple years on me lol cut me some slack..but yeah I looked a little bit deeper and see that he played TE at Rutgers. While I'm sure he was awesome, I really think Fletcher has a future at the actual tight end position at the next level. Looked so natural catching the ball..

Reactions: eddynyse
You are so wrong on Ian strong . He’s legit. Moving him to defense is the dumbest thing I heard .

Same play last year vs this year

5kbIXho.gif

QIqrp5m.gif

Millen credited "second effort"

9OaF76w.gif

You are so wrong on Ian strong . He’s legit. Moving him to defense is the dumbest thing I heard .
Certainly looks like it. Chalk it up to a bad game but eventually have to see what Brantley, toure, black etc look like as starters..I'd like to see what brathwaite can do as well since he's said to be the fastest..

Smh 😞 he's got a couple years on me lol cut me some slack..but yeah I looked a little bit deeper and see that he played TE at Rutgers. While I'm sure he was awesome, I really think Fletcher has a future at the actual tight end position at the next level. Looked so natural catching the ball..
Jersey I agree with you. Harris was a great player for us but physically Fletcher is just different. Sort of jumps off the screen. Very excited about what he can do this year for us.

Clark Harris jumped off the screen too.

But so happy with what I saw at TE yesterday. It can change the entire look of this offense.

Sam Johnson was solid at that time. He and Harris might be the best TE duo Rutgers has had. IIRC his career got cut short by concussions.

Yeah, there was a stretch from early 90s to prob 10 years ago RU had top pass catching TEs that most where day 2 draft picks…Battaglia was a beast though didn’t pan out same way (prob because drafted by cheap Bengals who were putrid then). Marco dominated PSU at Giants Stadium in 94…

Kroft was prob last who was good pass catching and could block some…certainly a while ago.

The ball placement difference is so critical here.

Not really.
As Matt Millen said the TD was a second effort score.
Lots of guys can make that catch but getting into end zone is another story.
Even Mongo was stuffed twice on same goal stand
Aside from Washington, last year's WRs had practically zero ability to make contested catches or fight off defenders

Clark Harris jumped off the screen too.

But so happy with what I saw at TE yesterday. It can change the entire look of this offense.
Clark Harris is the first Rutgers player I recall as a freshman where I looked at his size/play on the field and said he is an NFL player. He was special from the start. And we have had a lot of great players that you knew could get to the NFL but he just had “it”.

If Fletcher can be near the Clark Harris TE production level, we will all be thrilled. I agree he has a lot of potential as a receiving TE.

Not really.
Aside from Washington, last year's WRs had practically zero ability to make contested catches or fight off defenders
The GW pass made his momentum stop and have to go upfield. DM was able to catch the ball and keep his momentum going.

Reactions: Kbee3
Not really.
DM did not have to stop his momentum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT