ADVERTISEMENT

Dymere Miller and Kenny Fletcher...

It's maybe oversimplifying a little, but I am not judging anybody's performance from the Howard game, including any WRs.

Yes, Howard came to play and has some good players and all. But these pay-to-play out of conference games are rarely predictive of how any player will do when facing tougher, let alone elite, competition. Our players should all look pretty good when playing Howard, or we have a problem.

Doesn't mean our WR room and other position groups haven't improved or won't have a good season. I think they almost certainty have improved and may well wind up having a great season.

I just think setting the bar based on the Howard game is setting it too low.

Reactions: Jerseylegends
It's maybe oversimplifying a little, but I am not judging anybody's performance from the Howard game, including any WRs.

Yes, Howard came to play and has some good players and all. But these pay-to-play out of conference games are rarely predictive of how any player will do when facing tougher, let alone elite, competition. Our players should all look pretty good when playing Howard, or we have a problem.

Doesn't mean our WR room and other position groups haven't improved or won't have a good season. I think they almost certainty have improved and may well wind up having a great season.

I just think setting the bar based on the Howard game is setting it too low.

AK was the best take away from this game as far as I’m concerned. He was 7 for 7 on the shorts and more important, it’s obvious he has the green light to make live in game decisions besides throwing the ball away. No - he wasn’t pressured much, but what we can take away is that if the OL protects him, he can be relied on to get the ball to the TEs and RBs in the flats. Thats great news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT