ADVERTISEMENT

Ears ringing from last night

Speak Up GIF by Booksmart

Reactions: Scarlet83
My wife is an audiologist and said she would never step foot in the RAC because it will definitively lead to hearing loss. That means it's a great atmosphere.

Only louder place I've ever been to was in high school. I once went to an Ataris concert and they were playing at the Crocodile Cafe in Allentown. I couldn't hear a thing for 2 days straight. Just ringing in my ears and muffled noises. Loudest thing I've ever been to.

Didn't seem full to me. Maybe 90%? As JDS said, student section upper corners were available. Similar to the upper corners of both sides of the 300 level. Given the opponent and the win streak, thought the whole arena would have been nearer to 100% full. But, as others have said, was damn loud!

Reactions: RUDave_01
It was definitely the loudest crowd of the year. One thing that helped was that Northwestern didn't have too many fans in building, so it was even more heavily an RU crowd.

I noted this as I’ve had my ears go past the sound level where everything gets muted a few times at RU sporting events, but at field/court level (notably 2014 PSU football game, was on the field when the horse came out pregame and was so loud it was physically painful in my ears) .. Never this high up, was in maybe row R or Q of the 200s so pretty high up and after the ref you suck chant the next loud D possession I got muffled ears from the sound, incredible. One of the loudest RACs ever, yes

Reactions: RUDave_01
It's tough to tell how loud it was when compared to the Wisky game as I think I suffered personal hearing loss from that one....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT