ADVERTISEMENT

Edinboro open

Thank you
Just saw OSU results for last night match.
Jordan seems to be striggling
Is this the first time Quinn wrestled 157 this year?
No he has wrestled quite a few opens at 157 since he couldn’t keep cutting to 133 ..lost to Pletcher at 141 so tried 133 ..just too much to ask ..big jump to 157 and not sure why they are taking starter at 157 out with so few matches left but who knows ..maybe flu or injury ..

You have to pay your own way as a redshirt, and I imagine that includes an entry fee.

I’m not sure how Cornell/Finger Lakes operates regarding redshirts (Gerard Angelo for example is listed as a RS Freshman on Rutgers roster but is listed as a true freshman on Wrestlestat) but I imagine the Finger Lakes guys are having their travel expenses and entry fees paid for by their school whereas the Rutgers redshirts dont have the same luxury.

I understand all of that but there are plenty of other redshirts around the country, not just at the FLWC who have been to the same number of tournaments this year and our guys seem to be behind the curve. We've seen it time and time again the guys who treat their RS year properly, benefit the most. It was just an observation that was pretty shocking to see how active some guys are compared to our guys.

I understand all of that but there are plenty of other redshirts around the country, not just at the FLWC who have been to the same number of tournaments this year and our guys seem to be behind the curve. We've seen it time and time again the guys who treat their RS year properly, benefit the most. It was just an observation that was pretty shocking to see how active some guys are compared to our guys.
I’ve wondered the same thing for a few years now ..our RS guys records are nowhere near the amount of matches some other schools guys are ..

Might be a good question to ask at the next skull session

Gapas and Benner each advanced in wrestle backs, 13-7 and 8-0

FLWC took two 1st and one 2nd

Foca got beat by PSU , Fernandez and Cardenas dominant.

I know.....Cornell Envy

I just checked and this is Foca's 5th, Ramirez's 6th, and Fernandes' 7th open tournament this year thus far and Kanniard has been to 3 and Glasgow 1. After this tournament some of those guys will have wrestled like 10-15 more matches than Rob already. These guys need all the experience they can get so I'm not sure why they aren't getting it.

You have to pay your own way as a redshirt, and I imagine that includes an entry fee.

I’m not sure how Cornell/Finger Lakes operates regarding redshirts (Gerard Angelo for example is listed as a RS Freshman on Rutgers roster but is listed as a true freshman on Wrestlestat) but I imagine the Finger Lakes guys are having their travel expenses and entry fees paid for by their school whereas the Rutgers redshirts dont have the same luxury.

I'm a little confused as well. Is it injuries and illnesses? Part of it is likely the stupid redshirt rules, which require the redshirts to pay their own way for everything (entrance fee, travel, food, etc.).
So what’s the story with Glasgow?
The story is we had bad luck with a highly rated recruit between injuries and other issues. Maybe he turns it around...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT