ADVERTISEMENT

Effect of Sitowski Commit

RURahh

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2013
As I posted before, even though he didnt have the best start at IMG and lost his starting job, the commit should stick (likely signs in December and enrolls early) and probably AS important, it has re-opened the pipeline to bringing Amad Anderson back to Rutgers after he de-committed 2 weeks ago,. Also, the nonsense of burning a redshirt when a recruit isnt ready (Lewis and Oden) can finally end and the competition in the QB room will be good for everyone - dont sleep on Wise and Chatman.

The thought process is, that getting a pro-style QB, will be a huge shift from the way Rutgers currently runs its offense which will increase the WR targets, and obviously, Sitowski has high confidence that Jerry Kill will be here 2 and 3 years from now. So yes, the plans to have a run-first QB with great mobility would take a backseat if Sitowski is clearly more talented than Wise, Chatman and Lewis

Most importantly, getting Anderson back would be AS BIG as getting Sitowski, people dont realize what a huge difference maker he is, in a position of need. Also, a Rutgers win on Saturday plus the addition of Sitowski will provide a nice push for players like Friday Banks and Mimes, who all want to come to Rutgers but wanted to make sure that the rebuild was progressing before pulling the trigger.

Not to get too ahead of myself, but Rutgers has a chance (and a small window) to get a big snowball effect out of this, and it starts this Saturday

Last edited:
As I posted before, even though he didnt have the best start at IMG and lost his starting job, the commit should stick (likely signs in December) and probably AS important, it has re-opened the pipeline to bringing Amad Anderson back to Rutgers after he de-committed 2 weeks ago,.

- didn't he lose his job due to injury? His completion % is higher than Annexstad (58% to 53%) BUT it looks like either they opened up the passing game to deeper routes OR they hit the easier part of the schedule OR maybe got some WR's or OL back from injury because the YPC doubled when Annexstad took over. Would be interested to know what happened there ya' kow?

- pretty sure it was already noted that he'll be enrolling in January so, yes, he would be signing in December

The thought process is, that getting a pro-style QB, will be a huge shift from the way Rutgers currently runs its offense, and obviously, Sitowski has high confidence that Jerry Kill will be here 2 and 3 years from now. So yes, the plans to have a QB with great mobility would take a backseat if Sitowski is clearly more talented than Wise, Chatman and Lewis

- maybe, maybe not, but I could see Kill employing a 2-headed monster IF he feels both are capable of doing what they need to do and keeping D's off balance that way (especially IF Lewis' passing game improves...). Wouldn't that be nice? I honestly don't believe that ANYTHING has been decided at this point nor will it be for a while.

Most importantly, getting Anderson back would be AS BIG as getting Sitowski, people dont realize what a huge difference maker he is, in a position of need. Also, a Rutgers win on Saturday plus the addition of Sitowski will provide a nice push for players like Friday Banks and Mimes, who all want to come to Rutgers but wanted to make sure that the rebuild was progressing before pulling the trigger.

- yup, yup, yup!!!

Not to get too ahead of myself, but Rutgers has a chance (and a small window) to get a big snowball effect out of this, and it starts this Saturday

Reactions: Knight Shift
As I posted before, even though he didnt have the best start at IMG and lost his starting job, the commit should stick (likely signs in December) and probably AS important, it has re-opened the pipeline to bringing Amad Anderson back to Rutgers after he de-committed 2 weeks ago,.

The thought process is, that getting a pro-style QB, will be a huge shift from the way Rutgers currently runs its offense, and obviously, Sitowski has high confidence that Jerry Kill will be here 2 and 3 years from now. So yes, the plans to have a QB with great mobility would take a backseat if Sitowski is clearly more talented than Wise, Chatman and Lewis

If you watch his HUDL videos, it looks like he is as much a running threat as Lewis and Gio.

This is huge for Rutgers. Glad to see that kids care about playing in their home state and in front of their family.

Last edited:
Reactions: wegea
Sitkowski can run. People act like Jonathan Lewis is fast. He's not. Sitkowski is just as fast as Jonathan Lewis is anyway.

hopefully he can just run like aaron rodgers - fast enough to escape and run for a first down or take what the defense gives him when there is man coverage and they all drop deep

Sitkowski helps, but we had a decent chance with all of the kids you mention even without him. And out of all of the QB's we will have next year Lewis is probably the slowest. I would think Sitkowski takes Lewis's stock down a bit. Being a little on the slower side and having a big but inaccurate arm won't get you far in today's college game. Could actually see a scenario where Lewis is our number four QB next year. JMO.

Reactions: asgot
He is athletic enough to do this and this is exactly what Kill wants.

We have come a long way at QB, now Lewis and artie.... we have talent

He has more value to RU than he did to Miami being a high profile in-state kid. Too bad he wasn't on board earlier in the process but landing him improves Ash's image with other NJ kids over the next couple of years. Some are going a little overboard in their views on Lewis who very well may end up being the man here. But the more competition, the better. Very nice addition and it would be shocking if he changed his mind again as he will be a January arrival.

Reactions: KevH
Sitkowski helps, but we had a decent chance with all of the kids you mention even without him. And out of all of the QB's we will have next year Lewis is probably the slowest. I would think Sitkowski takes Lewis's stock down a bit. Being a little on the slower side and having a big but inaccurate arm won't get you far in today's college game. Could actually see a scenario where Lewis is our number four QB next year. JMO.

Before the commit, Banks was the only one we had better than a 50/50 chance with. And like I said before, people who think the loss of Anderson was no big deal are sorely mistaken - he could potentially start as a true freshman - which means a lot because by next year you are hoping that at least 2 of our much heralded WR have made a huge leap (ie - Melton, Wormley, Jomes Hayek (S) )

this is a great 100% spot on post.
getting Anderson back is the next battlefront.

Reactions: RURahh
LOS guys next, tyvm.

And everybody, please check out the video in @vkj91’s post above as that is the plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
First I'll have to see the results of this weekend, but the Michigan game demonstrated to people that Ash has stopped the bleeding at this point, and has moved from critical condition to borderline stabilized. Also we can see that the team is at a point where 2-3 players on either side of the ball can push the program to the next level.

Recruits are realizing this, coupled with the opportunity of immediate playing time. Last year there were many holes and overwhelming needs. This year there are still holes, but fewer and more obvious. I could see how 2018/19 recruits now feel like they can truly be the "difference maker."

Key areas for difference makers: QB, LB and both lines, and skill players are always a plus

I have realized that this rebuild is truly a 5 year project and cannot be done in 2-3 years, considering the state of the program before Ash. I think people are starting to notice the potential of this team and a QB of this caliber fills one of these key areas.

The program is trending up, despite how gradual the trajectory may seem.

Last edited:
Sitkowski can run. People act like Jonathan Lewis is fast. He's not. Sitkowski is just as fast as Jonathan Lewis is anyway.
Lewis will not reach his full potential until he loses 10-20 lbs. He currently lacks the quickness necessary to make defenders miss in the backfield. Once he gets in the open field with a head of steam he is plenty fast enough.

Reactions: RU-05
I just looked at Miami's recruiting list. Wow!! This kid was not seeing playing time for at least two years.

Lewis will not reach his full potential until he loses 10-20 lbs. He currently lacks the quickness necessary to make defenders miss in the backfield. Once he gets in the open field with a head of steam he is plenty fast enough.
He's not losing 10-20 lbs. he simply needs the game to slow down for him and that comes with a better understanding of the playbook. Hopefully he or Gio(or both) progress and plays well next year. Sitkowski RS's and then battles Lewis his Jr year. You will also have chambers in the mix. Multiple options at QB is a good thing and something I've never really seen here

DC Jefferson part2 - If he has good hands we can work him out at TE

Perfect comparison. Kill will go back to this offense, assuming he can get a stud WR to come here. Look for a couple of grad transfer WRs.
While it would be nice to have Marriota or Barret type running from your QB it's not necessary. Our QB needs to be mobile enough so that D's have to account for him. It's that simple. When somebody needs to worry about the QB we get the one on one mismatches. We could see a huge year for Washington out of the slot if one of the QB's click next year.

He's not losing 10-20 lbs. he simply needs the game to slow down for him and that comes with a better understanding of the playbook. Hopefully he or Gio(or both) progress and plays well next year. Sitkowski RS's and then battles Lewis his Jr year. You will also have chambers in the mix. Multiple options at QB is a good thing and something I've never really seen here
He'll lose 10-20 lbs or he will never reach his potential. He has a large frame but needs to be leaner to succeed. Btw Chambers decommitted...I assume you men Chatman will be in the mix

I would guess that Sitkowski was told he's not going to redshirt but will get a chance to win the job day 1.

I would guess that Sitkowski was told he's not going to redshirt but will get a chance to win the job day 1.
Everyone who is physically ready is told that. And he will get his chance through spring and summer but after watching him he's not ready.

You've seen him play this year?
yes. add in the fact he lost his starting job and he's not ready. There is nothing wrong with that. We ned to change the mindset that every freshman QB is going to be the savior for our program. Him sitting next year and Lewis developing would be the ideal for the program. Imagine having the potential for back to back potential NFL QB's

Everyone who is physically ready is told that. And he will get his chance through spring and summer but after watching him he's not ready.

I would imagine/hope that there's still the plan of having Lewis still start down the road? He's looked okay in limited action and seems to fit the system better? Unless we cater the system to Sitkowski, which seems like a leap if he's not starting in high school?

yes. add in the fact he lost his starting job and he's not ready. There is nothing wrong with that. We ned to change the mindset that every freshman QB is going to be the savior for our program. Him sitting next year and Lewis developing would be the ideal for the program. Imagine having the potential for back to back potential NFL QB's
Anderson recommits to RU.

Watch for it. Consider it a “take it to the bank” situation...YES, INDEED. and for all the fools that doubt me, remember Mr.TV predicated that QB DC Jefferson would recommit to RU!

Anderson recommits to RU.

Watch for it. Consider it a “take it to the bank” situation...YES, INDEED. and for all the fools that doubt me, remember Mr.TV predicated that QB DC Jefferson would recommit to RU!

A rare Mr. TV sighting in the free board - I love it.

mr_tv__character_by_tomareda.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT