ADVERTISEMENT

Eugene Omoruyi visited RU last Summer

ColonelRutgers

All American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2003
Per Brandin Knight in Court Club chat. Came back to visit last Summer. Wasn't expecting to hear that.

Not surprised. Seems like most rumors started on the message board and off a twitter comment made by a player.

I am sure the kids respected EO's game and passion/skill. EO was great to watch as a player and I hope to see him have continued success.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
I guess not the worst thing in the world for a guy who developed his game here and made it to the NBA come back to see some old friends and meet the younger guys.

There’s a legacy here … started by John Celestand. Help yourself to the facilities. Even if you thumbed your nose at the program.
Well.. not sure how you can get around that. But iirc, EO needed a redshirt year during his transfer because of injury while playing for Rutgers. He did what was best for him and maybe what was best for us as well.

There’s a legacy here … started by John Celestand. Help yourself to the facilities. Even if you thumbed your nose at the program.
Different situation entirely. EO played 3 yes abs was a co-captain. JC was a high profile recruit who never bled scarlet- no different from Troy Murphy it Tim a Thomas or thousands of others.

While perhaps some bitterness w/EO, I’m sure coaches have more perspective than to hold grudges and most teammates do as well.

Different situation entirely. EO played 3 yes abs was a co-captain. JC was a high profile recruit who never bled scarlet- no different from Troy Murphy it Tim a Thomas or thousands of others.

While perhaps some bitterness w/EO, I’m sure coaches have more perspective than to hold grudges and most teammates do as well.
Troy Murphy and Tim Thomas and thousand of others didn't routinely use the Rutgers facilities after they decided to play their college ball elsewhere.

Pike and coaches know the game. You don’t burn bridges in this business , even if the bridge is structurally unsound

Reactions: Yeah Baby
Reminder of the EO quote last year:

"Just my feel for the game,” he said. “Me playing basketball the right way. Knowing the ins and outs of the game, having such a great coach as Coach (Dana) Altman. He’s taught me a lot of things about the game that I didn’t know when I was at Rutgers.”

There was another comment I couldn't find but basically that Pike didn't teach anyone anything.

Pike is a stepping stone coach. He's brought us out of irrelevance but with his recruiting ability (or lack thereof) we'll be hamstrung until we hire that next coach to take us to the next step.

"Just my feel for the game,” he said. “Me playing basketball the right way. Knowing the ins and outs of the game, having such a great coach as Coach (Dana) Altman. He’s taught me a lot of things about the game that I didn’t know when I was at Rutgers.”

There was another comment I couldn't find but basically that Pike didn't teach anyone anything.

Pike is a stepping stone coach. He's brought us out of irrelevance but with his recruiting ability (or lack thereof) we'll be hamstrung until we hire that next coach to take us to the next step.
If and when Pike leaves they should either hire brandon knight or put a full court press on Dann Hurley

Troy Murphy and Tim Thomas and thousand of others didn't routinely use the Rutgers facilities after they decided to play their college ball elsewhere.

None of those players were RU lettermen. You can’t equate the two situations at all.

Right. No one ever posts anything over the top on this website

How about that time we scheduled a game in Toronto for Eugene to play in front of his family and then lost to St Bonaventure with Eugene in Eugene. Good times

Right. No one ever posts anything over the top on this website

Not sure what is over the top there if he was interviewed and that was his response Whether it is true or not may be up for debate, but that was EO's assessment of his experience here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT