ADVERTISEMENT

Every man has a breaking point, and I've reached mine..

RobertG

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
about mid way through the 3rd quarter, I just stopped caring. Maybe it was because I've upgraded my seats this year on tickets that I can purchase for $5 each. Maybe it was watching a team that just didn't seem to care. Maybe it was all of the little game day experiences that seem geared to extracting every dollar from the fans instead of making the game better for fans. Maybe it finally realizing that football is an annoyance to the university and Rutgers is an after thought to the state.

no mas. I'm done.

I'll probably sell my Michigan and Penn State tickets and parking pass on line to try and make up some money.

I've been going to games since I started RU in '84, I just don't feel anything anymore.

No season tickets for me next year.

I got there last year. Gave up my season tickets after 20 years when going to the games began to feel more like a burden than something I looked forward to. I don't miss them one bit. I barely even watch the games on tv anymore. It is just not enjoyable to sit through non-competitive game after game.

I’ve had 3 separate people since yesterday, 2 of which had season tickets at one point, if I’m keeping mine. Next year would be my 10th as a STH, but I need to feel at least some ROI here. I along with many others on here have been patient.

about mid way through the 3rd quarter, I just stopped caring. Maybe it was because I've upgraded my seats this year on tickets that I can purchase for $5 each. Maybe it was watching a team that just didn't seem to care. Maybe it was all of the little game day experiences that seem geared to extracting every dollar from the fans instead of making the game better for fans. Maybe it finally realizing that football is an annoyance to the university and Rutgers is an after thought to the state.

no mas. I'm done.

I'll probably sell my Michigan and Penn State tickets and parking pass on line to try and make up some money.

I've been going to games since I started RU in '84, I just don't feel anything anymore.

We hear you. This is my 15th year as a season ticket holder; I’m done after this year. I was a Round Table/premium member here since 2006; I cancelled after the Kansas game (and will also be canceling on TOS) because there’s no point in having ‘inside access’ to this hopeless train wreck of a program under its current leadership.

...keep telling me about the extension and money and the ‘can’t do anything for another year or two’ lines because all I hear is, ‘you don’t need to care about Rutgers Football anymore because the people in charge of it don’t’.

Joe P.

I'm actually glad we have no home game next week. Does seem like a burden to attend.

Just don’t go when we do. It’s almost scary how relieving it is when you realize you *do* have a choice and sort of sad but easy the decision is not to go.

Joe P.

Had season tickets since the beginning of the Schiamo era. In 2007 our group expanded to 32. Today it stands at 9. The reality is until we get the B10 money we are stuck with Ash. My bet would be he gets 2 more years and then we have to hire a name coach.

Good thread. I am still angry, apathy hasn’t totally set in for me yet. But it probably will later in the season. I don’t want to watch beat down after beat down.

Good thread. I am still angry, apathy hasn’t totally set in for me yet. But it probably will later in the season. I don’t want to watch beat down after beat down.

After Kansas I literately started planning on what books I was going to read this fall, what I’ll be doing around the house on gamedays, and the usual season ticket fund was already diverted to my wife’s new phone (though her treatment of phones is a whole other debate).

Joe P.

My wife had plans for a play date with my son and another Mom and her little guy so I decided to go yesterday - it was my first game this season.

After we were down 24-7 I said out loud to the people I was with which are season ticket holders, “What was I thinking deciding to come to this game today”? After we got stopped on 4th down 24-7 with 4 min to go in the 2nd Q I got up and left.

I have tickets with my family and a couple of friends for the Engineering tailgate on homecoming. Looking forward to the tailgate but not the game. Let’s see if I make it to halftime.

If we really can't do anything for another couple of years because of money, than that is just an atrocious job by Hobbs and he should be held accountable. You should NEVER get yourself in a situation where you are financially stuck with an unproven (and to date, very unsuccessful) coach. Hobbs created a situation where he has hitched his wagon to this guy when all facts indicate we need flexibility to move on. Really a poor job of contract negotiation by the RU administration. And of course, once again we are the ones who pay for their ineptitude.

As am I.

Went to almost every game as a student from 2002-2005, often with my face painted and wig on.
Wrote letters to the Targum, School Admins and Governor to ask for money to help students go to Insight Bowl. Gov. Cody offered a subsidy via lottery for us. Panhandled outside of the RAC as a student for money to Help fund the rest of my trip to the Insight Bowl. Graduated in 2006 and became a season ticket holder. Slept jn a tent in the blue lot before the Louisville game. Went to the Texas Bowl, St. Petes Bowl and Pinstripe Bowls. Traveled to many regular season away games. Most of my wardrobe is Scarlet. I have boxes upon boxes of RU memorabilia. I was obsessed.

And now, I am done.

Sick of the same old song and dance. Disgusted doesn’t describe how I feel. I really just dont care anymore.,numb is more like it.
I have spent over $10,000 on this team and hundreds if not thousands of hours. No more. Not until something drastically changes.

As am I.

Went to almost every game as a student from 2002-2005, often with my face painted and wig on.
Wrote letters to the Targum, School Admins and Governor to ask for money to help students go to Insight Bowl. Gov. Cody offered a subsidy via lottery for us. Panhandled outside of the RAC as a student for money to Help fund the rest of my trip to the Insight Bowl. Graduated in 2006 and became a season ticket holder. Slept jn a tent in the blue lot before the Louisville game. Went to the Texas Bowl, St. Petes Bowl and Pinstripe Bowls. Traveled to many regular season away games. Most of my wardrobe is Scarlet. I have boxes upon boxes of RU memorabilia. I was obsessed.

And now, I am done.

Sick of the same old song and dance. Disgusted doesn’t describe how I feel. I really just dont care anymore.,numb is more like it.
I have spent over $10,000 on this team and hundreds if not thousands of hours. No more. Not until something drastically changes.

We seem fairly similar though I was a student from 98-04 including grad school. I’m nobody in the long run but as my father in law said yesterday, “a lot of nobodies equals a big somebody”. I’m with you, as are a number of other ‘nobodies’.

Joe P.

I realized that I really don't want very much........

As a grown man, I spend way too much time, effort, emotion, and money supporting this FB program for it to be a complete laughing stock...... utterly the worst P5 and potentially the worst FBS program..........

too big, too many resources, too much potential......... I've been 100% supporter..... it's painful to have to question all that.... but, I'm just about there.......

Do you know how hard it is to suck this bad? Except OSU, you have to do a lot of things wrong to get blown out by the teams we lost to. Ash has failed at all aspects of his job. Recruiting, hiring of coaches, motivation, player development, preparation, in-game coaching, post game press conferences, building relationships with HS coaches, fan base marketing, etc.etc. Heck, is he even a tireless worker? I'd be sleeping in the Hale Center.

no mas. I'm done.

AGREED

Reactions: rutgers lar
Read option, missed a nice touchdown throw by Art. Still enjoy going to the games to support the kids, guys like Hilliman.

I've been on these boards since the late 90's . I really became a board junkie when Schiano was hired and you could see things changing for the better. I am such a die hard fan my friends would go to games and laugh at me because they could point out any player and I could rattle off tons of information about the player. I would get nervous before games and felt awesome when we won and crappy when we lost. I went to the game yesterday and I'm so numb now i just take the poor play in stride. I am so disgusted everytime I hear that there's no money to fire this coach. We need to fire him now so things don't get even worse than they are now.

I just gradually stopped caring. There wasnt one moment when I made a decision to stop going to games. I decided to start following the program in 2004 with no affiliation to the school at all. I just wanted to be a Rutgers fan instead of the classic Notre Dame fan in NJ, or Penn St. fan. I never had season tickets but made my way to about 3 or 4 games every year, and if i wasnt at the game i watched every snap of every game. Last season i realized that i had almost stopped caring. I wasnt mad after losses, didnt go to any games, and only tuned into games for part of the game. This season, I have only watched a couple games, didnt watch any on Saturday.

I dont see this changing any time in the near future unless Ash is canned. I would never jump off the bandwagon because of too many losses, but when you know your administration doesnt care, and can see the team has quit, maybe its time for us to do the same untill changed are made.

I'm done. I may just buy one cheap season ticket for next year. But maybe not. I may go to northwestern but maybe not. Definately not psu to see more fans and us lose by 70 and rubbed on our face. Really sad.

I gave up my season tix after 2011 season when my family and I moved to SF. Was season ticket holder since 2003. Went to school during Graber and Shea years and we are right back to Shea.

Went to RU games at Fresno State and Washington State. Went to at least 1 home game a year.

So it is easier since I no longer have season tickets but does apathy simply make it easier for Hobbs and RU to do nothing other than maybe some window dressing with new DC and other assistants.

The guy we should have hired was Moorhead. Now just back Schiano. We are like Kansas State. Bring the guy back, though for them and UConn, appears worse 2nd time around.

I've begun a fan since my Freshman year in 1997. Despite being in the throngs of a winless season, I cheered then on. I bought season tickets with friends after graduation and still have them. Like many others, we took memorable road trips and have spent much time and money on this program. After Schiano brought us to the place where success was stable almost every year, I never thought that we would be horrid again... boy was I wrong. The past 3+ seasons have not been enjoyable (though winning 3 B1G games gave me a bit of hope) and I also have stopped caring. I may not renew if Hobbs doesn't show me that he and the school care too. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my apathy.

Noon kick-offs are 11:00 PM on Saturday nights over here. I realize know that I have better things to do on Saturday night then stay home and listen to RU games.
It's just hard to believe how much we've fallen apart over the last 3-4 years.

We hear you. This is my 15th year as a season ticket holder; I’m done after this year. I was a Round Table/premium member here since 2006; I cancelled after the Kansas game (and will also be canceling on TOS) because there’s no point in having ‘inside access’ to this hopeless train wreck of a program under its current leadership.

...keep telling me about the extension and money and the ‘can’t do anything for another year or two’ lines because all I hear is, ‘you don’t need to care about Rutgers Football anymore because the people in charge of it don’t’.

Joe P.

I was wondering where you went! LOL

If I’m Hobbs I pay close attention to these types of comments from RU STH. He is about to lose a significant portion of his fans who financially support the program. The only way to keep them is to make a change in the coaching staff. All of the goodwill generated by Ash appears to be gone.

The Michigan and PSU games will look like away games for RU as their fans take over the stadium. I don’t blame anyone for selling their tix/parking pass to visiting fans. HPSS is the last place in the world I’d want to be during those beat downs while opposing fans rub it in our faces.

Is there a way this thread can be sent to the RU administration? Hopefully they monitor the boards and are aware of the sentiment of the fans regardless (and if they are not, shame on them...). But it would be great to get this sent to them in some form just in case. I wouldn't put it past them to be completely oblivious.

Reactions: biker7766
Said earlier if Ash stays I leave...

Nothing has changed...will catch some BB because that is a competent coach and I think he has a real plan...and has every bit the challenges with recruiting and all and is still moving forward...wish a little faster but I get that too..

Football is a disaster...a total f'n disaster...I'm going to pay money to be disgusted..nope..

And for all those saying where's the 10m coming from and all....if you think waiting this out and firing the guy in a year or 2 is better fiscally I think you are way wrong...the $ bleed is eveywhere and it takes YEARS to recover..the ONLY chance to you to stop the bleeding is fire him now..namd JM as interim..and get a name..GS or a name...the nobody deal is a joke..other wise next year a desert..

hey @bethlehemfan , how's the tailgating and atmosphere at Lehigh? My son is up in Hellertown and we need to find another game to go to instead of RU. I know the game with Lafayette is huge deal. Any experience to share?
I’ve heard it’s nice. Never been. It’s small though. It will feel small. It’s pretty and it a nice stadium. I would assume it’s very low key. I will ask my uncle - he volunteers on game days. Lehigh stinks this year too. Lafayette would be fun to go to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT