ADVERTISEMENT

Every man has a breaking point, and I've reached mine..

I think your facts are wrong. What are your justifications for these so-called facts? To me, it sounds like more racist nonsense. If you mean Asians born in Asia are less likely to like American football compared to Americans, then I agree with you, but why limit yourself to Asia? I would think anyone not born in USA would be less likely to like football, then those born here. On the other hand, if you are implying that Asian Americans born in USA are less likely to like football, then what is your basis for this opinion? I have no idea why this would be true, and I don’t think it is ... and please don’t judge a huge demographic group based on a few people you saw in Busch campus center.

In Bac's defense, there's anecdotal support in that high schools in NJ with very high Asian populations are having trouble fielding football teams. West Windsor-Plainsboro (North and South) is spotlighted in this WaPo article on the topic, which provides this quote:

Demographic changes have drawn families here who are less familiar with American football. Sixty-one percent of High School North’s 1,500-some students are Indian American and Asian American. Some of those families have clashed previously with other families, many of them white, over the role of extracurricular activities in the school district.

“We didn’t grow up with football being part of the culture,” High School North booster club president Sandy Johnson said. Johnson is Chinese American and married to Olin Johnson, who is white and coaches one of West Windsor’s youth football teams. “It’s a struggle when parents don’t know the sport.”

I think your facts are wrong. What are your justifications for these so-called facts? To me, it sounds like more racist nonsense. If you mean Asians born in Asia are less likely to like American football compared to Americans, then I agree with you, but why limit yourself to Asia? I would think anyone not born in USA would be less likely to like football, then those born here. On the other hand, if you are implying that Asian Americans born in USA are less likely to like football, then what is your basis for this opinion? I have no idea why this would be true, and I don’t think it is ... and please don’t judge a huge demographic group based on a few people you saw in Busch campus center.

I am laughing at you using the label racist for my comments..rolling eyes

Do you know how hard it is to suck this bad? Except OSU, you have to do a lot of things wrong to get blown out by the teams we lost to. Ash has failed at all aspects of his job. Recruiting, hiring of coaches, motivation, player development, preparation, in-game coaching, post game press conferences, building relationships with HS coaches, fan base marketing, etc.etc. Heck, is he even a tireless worker? I'd be sleeping in the Hale Center.

Not true, not EVERYTHING. We have the best hydrated 1-7 team in the country.

lol its so funny that supposedly intelligent people cannot have an open conversation about race and culture and instead have to throw insults and the racism word around.

Its not racist to say its a cultural thing...Asians (Chinese/Indian) are going to be less likely to have grown up in households where perhaps football was celebrated on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. Thats not to say that some are fans or will be fans and its not to say that all whites are into football because obviously we have enough white students to fill the student section. NJ residents have never grown up ingrained toward college football...never but its more likely to happen in a white household over the past 30 years than an Asian..its just facts

As far as top level students, I continually see in the Courier News every year when they post some pics of private schools and the kids wear the sweatshirts of where they are going to college...almost never do you see a Rutgers sweatshirt on any of these students. Its quite interesting to observe this
It won’t happen without a sustained period of athletic success

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT