ADVERTISEMENT

First B1G Game of Year- Minn v. Oregon State BTN- Thursday 9 p.m.

Go Beavs! #BackThePAC

http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ta-golden-gophers-preview-and-prediction-2016
Oregon State Beavers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers Preview and Prediction

Pac-12GeographicalMap_zpsb6b63426.jpg

Could be a bad year for the gophers. I really think Kill was a top notch coach. One of the more overlooked guys in the whole country.

Reactions: Alaska_Dawg
Oregon State is like the west coast version of Rutgers in every sense of the word. I guess I gotta root for the Big Ten though.

I did not even realize it was on. Looks like a high school game. Are there 5,000 in the stands? And the storm is not affecting Miami.

I remember when we played them at their place in 2010, i think. Game was on ESPN3 with terrible announcing and terrible camera angles because of the stadium layout. Bad memories all around.

I don't have ESPNU, so at least I don't have to watch this.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Oregon State has a dual threat QB transfer from Utah State- who are you picking in this game? I'll take Minnesota.
Gophers -14 if I had to guess. Oregon St. has a long way to go yet. Hopefully for them Andersen can get them back to bowling within the next 2 - 3 years.

I'd like to remind my fellow fans while watching IU, Minny, and even RU this weekend, don't get to happy, or sad, about what you see on Labor Day Weekend. Keep in mind the old adage "most teams see the biggest improvement from Game 1 to Game 2" while assessing things. Yes, I know this board well, lol... if Minnesota loses by anything more than 3 tonight, trust me, half this board will think we're going to blow them out!

I did not even realize it was on. Looks like a high school game. Are there 5,000 in the stands? And the storm is not affecting Miami.

I'm pretty sure they're one of the teams - maybe 5 over the past few years - that come nowhere close to the minimum average attendance #'s that were initially set when D1 first split up. IIRC if you draw less than 15K+ per game, for 3 straight years, it was supposed to drop you down to 1AA. There simply are programs in the FBS that would do themselves a huge favor by dropping down to/back down to the FCS.

I'd like to remind my fellow fans while watching IU, Minny, and even RU this weekend, don't get to happy, or sad, about what you see on Labor Day Weekend. Keep in mind the old adage "most teams see the biggest improvement from Game 1 to Game 2" while assessing things. Yes, I know this board well, lol... if Minnesota loses by anything more than 3 tonight, trust me, half this board will think we're going to blow them out!

Well, I for one, thought we were going to blow them out anyway.

Watching Minnesota's coach's pregame speech, I was not impressed. Reminded me of Elmer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT