ADVERTISEMENT

First NCAA NIL penalty

Sorry! I should have been more clear. I meant outside of players opting for the draft, the portal has been a big impact since it takes away star players (ex. Duke QB). And I agree the kids deserve the right to transfer now.

Also the portal volume is higher with non draft players as they are seeking more $ at other schools which I do not like. No other sport allows tampering with players on another team.

Reactions: Section124
I find it interesting that "the crime" here is the coach giving the kid a ride. If the kid and the NIL guy meet without the coach providing the transportation, then offering him $15K/month if he signs with FSU is perfectly fine.

Truth is stranger than fiction.
I don't think it strange at all. It's a very simple rule. People from the University are not allowed to have direct involvement with the recruit in the NIL involvement. In this case it's a clear violation.

FSU fans are making a run to pass PSU fans as the most insufferable bunch around. Whole world is against them because everyone is jealous!!!

FSU fans are making a run to pass PSU fans as the most insufferable bunch around. Whole world is against them because everyone is jealous!!!
Please don’t ever compare us to that cult

I don’t know anyone related to FSU who says anyone is jealous of FSU, first I’ve ever heard of that

What I do know is Penn State enabled a monster to rape children for years, all the name of preserve in their brand, and getting the all-time wins record.

I would be ashamed if my school ever did that, and I’m glad that Bobby is number two, as a trade-off to being number one in that category is rotting in hell

This board and thread are confusing. Do we hate Michigan or now do we hate FSU more?
both-why.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Please don’t ever compare us to that cult

I don’t know anyone related to FSU who says anyone is jealous of FSU, first I’ve ever heard of that

What I do know is Penn State enabled a monster to rape children for years, all the name of preserve in their brand, and getting the all-time wins record.

I would be ashamed if my school ever did that, and I’m glad that Bobby is number two, as a trade-off to being number one in that category is rotting in hell
I didn't say school. I said fans. Big difference. I actually like your coach a great deal. he did a very solid for me back in the day. Went out of his way to really do something nice for my kid without asking.

I didn't say school. I said fans. Big difference. I actually like your coach a great deal. he did a very solid for me back in the day. Went out of his way to really do something nice for my kid without asking.
Point taken, but their fans are also part of the cult.

A large majority that I came in contact with defended Paterno during and after the height of the scandal, which is truly sickening.

Additionly can’t tell me that the higher up level Boosters did not have knowledge what was going on with Sandusky, that is literally impossible, especially at a place as insular State College

Add in the arrogant Hoboken jerk off subway fans that invade when they play us, the annoying we are chance, and that creepy ass shrine, that they made to Joe Pa, and it’s no wonder majority of fans have a severe distain for them

In regard to Mike, he is a really good guy. I met him on several occasions, and he is a true gentleman. Glad that he was able to help out your son, speaks to his character.

I don't think it strange at all. It's a very simple rule. People from the University are not allowed to have direct involvement with the recruit in the NIL involvement. In this case it's a clear violation.
Assuming it was a talented lineman that would be a Freshman, there is no way his NIL is worth $15K/month for any sort of endorsement. Clearly it's a pay for play scenario. In a pay for play scenario, there is no way the NIL is prioritizing which recruit gets what without consultation from the head coach and coaching staff. So we all know that collusion is happening. But giving the kid a ride to the meeting is the problem, not the collusion?

Anyway, I get your point which is that it's not strange because that's the rule.

Reactions: WhiteBus
But giving the kid a ride to the meeting is the problem, not the collusion?
As you pointed out, the rule infraction is the collusion. But the problem is that, absent a confession, evidence of collusion is almost impossible to acquire. In this instance, the ride was evidence of the collusion; the only provable evidence of the collusion.

If you're trying to enforce rules, you take the evidence you have - not the evidence you want.

Reactions: LeapinLou
With Jersey bot Elko at the helm, they’re about to take off and unlike the pu$$ies at fsu, the will actually compete…
That cult hasn’t ever won shit
Weird traditions & losing football is a bad combination

How’d the Jimbo thing work out?
They will always be little brother to Texas

Love the A&M - FSU hate in this thread. 😃. That’s what is great about college football!

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Yes come down on FSU fans, but turn a blind eye to the fact the NCAA did nothing to Texas A@M, who openly bragged about buying recruits.

Look deeper, they don't care unless it annoys/disadvantages the SEC.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Yes come down on FSU fans, but turn a blind eye to the fact the NCAA did nothing to Texas A@M, who openly bragged about buying recruits.

Look deeper, they don't care unless it annoys/disadvantages the SEC.
It extends to Carolina as well. Those dudes straight up had fake classes, what the hell happened to them?

This is a corrupt organization with corrupt individuals who masquerade like they care about the student athlete, but also told me only care about lining their own pockets

• Love
Reactions: TM94goRU
Point taken, but their fans are also part of the cult.

A large majority that I came in contact with defended Paterno during and after the height of the scandal, which is truly sickening.

Additionly can’t tell me that the higher up level Boosters did not have knowledge what was going on with Sandusky, that is literally impossible, especially at a place as insular State College

Add in the arrogant Hoboken jerk off subway fans that invade when they play us, the annoying we are chance, and that creepy ass shrine, that they made to Joe Pa, and it’s no wonder majority of fans have a severe distain for them

In regard to Mike, he is a really good guy. I met him on several occasions, and he is a true gentleman. Glad that he was able to help out your son, speaks to his character.
Try living on PA….(like I do)….surrounded by them and whenever I get sh!t from them my retort is always the same

“At least I don’t support a team that covered up the rape of children to benefit the football program….so yea….i can hold my head high”

There is never a retort to that

Reactions: rutger80
JDS Used to love Florida State in the Bowden era. Have to admit all the public ACC bashing is not a good look. ( even though they deserve it.
Personally I still hold Fla St. partly tesponsible for the big east break up.
They were pushing hard for Miami.
All that being said Zi understand their sense of Urgency.
Not only are they falling behind the SEC and BIG.but UCF is closing the gap.

JDS Used to love Florida State in the Bowden era. Have to admit all the public ACC bashing is not a good look. ( even though they deserve it.
Personally I still hold Fla St. partly tesponsible for the big east break up.
They were pushing hard for Miami.
All that being said Zi understand their sense of Urgency.
Not only are they falling behind the SEC and BIG.but UCF is closing the gap.
Hey bud, honestly I don’t like the public acc bashing, wish they would take care if this behind closed doors but I understand the need to do it perception wise, and they’ve raised a lot of $$ for boosters and NIL from it

UCF def closing the gap, but school with a lot of resources - that’s why the urgency to get out of the league is there

Hey bud, honestly I don’t like the public acc bashing, wish they would take care if this behind closed doors but I understand the need to do it perception wise, and they’ve raised a lot of $$ for boosters and NIL from it

UCF def closing the gap, but school with a lot of resources - that’s why the urgency to get out of the league is there
Last question for you on this, do you think they have a spot in either of the big 2?
Do you think they wind up in the Big 12?

Last question for you on this, do you think they have a spot in either of the big 2?
Do you think they wind up in the Big 12?
Yes, I don’t think they go all through all this public charade without there being an ass short landing spot

Everything I’ve been hearing indicates the Big Ten, but a few people that I trust that are in the know claim they have a very hard time seeing the SEC, letting the Big Ten come in and swoop up the state of Florida

Hence, they think the CEC will come in at the last minute, and scoop them up out of defense, but I would much rather the Big Ten for a variety of reasons

End of the day, though, they have to get out of the ACC in the next 2 to 3 years or the program will essentially be dead. So beggars can’t be choosers, and we will take either the SEC or Big Ten at that point.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT